Vince Ferragamo - How good a QB was he? How would you rate him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And did Dani Klupinger move to Los Angeles too?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/OneOnOne_with_Vince_Ferragamo/9305ee7b-7cbc-4e6e-8558-5623f3c6d2c8

It's good to see ole Vince again. How many of you are old enough to remember watching him play in 1979 season? I am.

Sounds like he's really excited to have the Rams in Los Angeles.
How good was he? Good enough to be one of only 4 Rams QB's to ever play in the League Championship game!
One of only 2 in the SB!
He should have been able to beat the Steelers!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think he was pretty damn good. He was a RAM and a HUSKER!!!:shades::snicker:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
He threw very, very well. HE never had many WRs to work with....Preston Dennard could run nice patterns, but no burst. Billy Waddy had some skills, but he wasn't a "professional" like Art Monk/Tony Hill or someone from that era.

Last edited:

SierraRam

Recreational User
He threw very, very well. HE never had many WRs to work with....Preston Dennard could run nice patterns, but no burst. Billy Waddy had some skills, but he wasn't a "professional" like Art Monk/Tony Hill or someone from that era.

Agree, he had very average receivers to work with. (sounds familiar!) Too bad he came after Harold Jackson and before Henry Ellard. Vince was always Ronnie Lott's pro bowl choice while he was active - not a bad reference...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Vince threw a great deep ball...Stud QB...He has a brother out here that was a very accomplished HS coach (Carson HS)....They really like to throw the ball....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think he was pretty damn good. He was a RAM and a HUSKER!!!:shades::snicker:

He was a California Golden Bear first, then transferred because of a guy named Joe Roth....God bless his soul.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Every fan that rooted for the Rams back then loved Vince Ferragamo, for one, he was the antithesis of Pat Haden physically and had a howitzer for an arm. He also led the Rams at the time to their only Super Bowl appearance and almost engineered an upset over maybe the best Football team of all time.

Georgia Frontiere tried to get cute and not pay Vince, who had an outstanding year in 1980 and then because of the rift, Ferragamo got paid a ton of money from Montreal Alouette owner Nelson Skalbania, however, the Canadian game was not a good match for Vince and he came back, ,but that is why many of us will always have an ax to grind with Georgia because she was penny wise and dollar foolish.

I post that about Georgia because after letting Ferragamo go to Canada in 1981, she paid a kings ransom in draft choices and money for a washed up Bert Jones in 82. Thus Ferragamo came back and played well in 82 (Jones got hurt and was done) and in 1983 under the conservative John Robinson, however, led the Rams to the playoffs in 83 and an upset win over the Dallas Cowboys in Dallas it was Irvine Texas back then.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And did Dani Klupinger move to Los Angeles too?

I mean, it appears the Rams wanted to keep her as their "one on one" interviewer, and heck, why would she NOT want to move to the city of angels?

RamWoodie

Legend
Ferragamo was very good...he just got the "big head"...and went for the dollars.

jap

Legend
I mean, it appears the Rams wanted to keep her as their "one on one" interviewer, and heck, why would she NOT want to move to the city of angels?

. . . especially since she looks like an angel herself? :LOL: