Vikings Stadium; Purple Heaven

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he's definately from Minneapolis. Eddie Murphy's brother Charlie hangs out with celebrities, which many of his exploits were featured on the Dave Chappelle Show...One of which was ane xtremely funny one about Prince and his guys playing against Charlie Murphy and his crew. Prince was very competitive and was a good basketball player, despite his heigth, according to Murphy. So no, it doesn't surprise me that Mr Purple Rain was a Purple People Eater fan....

yeah, i know he's a good basketball player but i've never heard him mention the vikings. ever. not that i was paying attention but you'd think some snippet would have been out there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think it looks great and glad there is a roof on it too...Sorry when I wore a younger man's clothes, weather did not matter, but now it does, however, if I ever attend a game at that venue, it will be in October at the latest.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well, he's definately from Minneapolis. Eddie Murphy's brother Charlie hangs out with celebrities, which many of his exploits were featured on the Dave Chappelle Show...One of which was ane xtremely funny one about Prince and his guys playing against Charlie Murphy and his crew. Prince was very competitive and was a good basketball player, despite his heigth, according to Murphy. So no, it doesn't surprise me that Mr Purple Rain was a Purple People Eater fan....

SierraRam

Recreational User

Possibly the funniest thing ever!
upload_2016-6-23_20-1-55.jpeg

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Purple would have been good had they had the cajones to build an outdoor venue. Since it's indoor they definitely need more pink.

If I lived in Minnesota I'd be seriously pi$$ed about it not being outdoors.

After the playoffs last year, I wouldnt be surprised if every viking fan was ok with never having the team play outdoors again

RAMBUSH

Starter
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-the-new-vikings-stadium-is-unofficially-purple-heaven/

The official name of the Vikings' new stadium is U.S. Bank Stadium. Its unofficial name is a bit catchier.

Say hello to your new stadium, Vikings fans. Welcome to Purple Heaven:

In addition to the obvious connection to the Vikings' primary color, the name also pays tribute to Prince, who passed away in April at the age of 57. Prince, who hailed from Minnesota, called himself a Vikings fan, as the team noted in their response to his death.

The construction of U.S. Bank Stadium, the newest NFL stadium, was completed earlier in June. As 247 Sports pointed out, it's the only stadium that features LED lights, which are prominently on display in the photo above. According to the Vikings' website, the cost of the lights totaled $1.3 million with the overall budget exceeding $1 billion.

Minnesota will host Super Bowl LII in 2018, giving the stadium a chance to show off those lights on the largest stage.

God that is ugly

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Why is the whole concourse area missing from one side?

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I hate that stadium and Atlanta's new stadium as well. These new stadiums are hideous and will be albatross for years to come.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're loco, Holmes. Who wants to sit in -5° to watch a game? Same reason I'm glad Cowboys stadium is indoors. Getting sunburnt in September and stewing some swamp-ass is not fun.

No team wants to go to Lambeau in the playoffs, and THAT my friend is a home field advantage. Cold isn't so bad for watching games outdoors, much easier for me to deal with than the heat of a Texas summer. Layer up, liquor up, get your gear on and game on.

Minnesotans just lost out on the hardiness scale IMO. They can show up and sip Starbucks in the fruity purple light and take their time with their nachos without the liquid cheese insta-freezing. Whoopie. Not a fan of that stadium and I'm surprised the people of the region didn't push for an open air stadium for that northern feel and natural home field advantage.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That looks cool. It's just too bad Mike Zimmer said what he did last season. It made me despise him and his team. I wanted him to be the Rams HC after Spaggy.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-the-new-vikings-stadium-is-unofficially-purple-heaven/

The official name of the Vikings' new stadium is U.S. Bank Stadium. Its unofficial name is a bit catchier.

Say hello to your new stadium, Vikings fans. Welcome to Purple Heaven:

In addition to the obvious connection to the Vikings' primary color, the name also pays tribute to Prince, who passed away in April at the age of 57. Prince, who hailed from Minnesota, called himself a Vikings fan, as the team noted in their response to his death.

The construction of U.S. Bank Stadium, the newest NFL stadium, was completed earlier in June. As 247 Sports pointed out, it's the only stadium that features LED lights, which are prominently on display in the photo above. According to the Vikings' website, the cost of the lights totaled $1.3 million with the overall budget exceeding $1 billion.

Minnesota will host Super Bowl LII in 2018, giving the stadium a chance to show off those lights on the largest stage.

Purple Haites

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
It's really a weird deal. It absolutely looks like a huge ass Viking ship, standing plunk in the middle of downtown Minneapolis. If you cruise down 5th Ave you can see it sticking out for like a solid mile. Equal parts fugly and cool.

Contemplating trying to get to the preseason game there, but I think I wore out my welcome amongst Vikings fans last November.

Oh and Prince was a die hard Vikings fan. Maybe the only thing I could ever hold against that man.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Planning on going to the Rams preseason game there

The stadium is designed to handle 40 below temperatures , 20 feet of snow and 70 MPH winds , this is Minneapolis , not Atlanta , the roof is designed to melt the snow and easy snow removal

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yikes, that looks crazy from distance. I kinda like it.