Vikings post game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Well, there's not much to say.

A really bad second quarter put us into a hole that we couldn't come out of. The worst part is that we essentially did it to ourselves over the span of a few minutes.

But it's a process, we're going to have games like this as the team grows and matures. Players will develop and talent will be added and we'll be able to recover from mistakes like today, but we're not quite there yet. The loss essentially (if not mathematically) eliminates us from the playoffs, but being honest we're not a playoff team. Not yet anyway. Next year I expect us to be though, the arrow is pointing up, way up. We had a good 3 game run and we can end in a high note. Take down the Bucs, beat down Seattle in Seattle, and end on a high note.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
bluecoconuts said:
Well, there's not much to say.

A really bad second quarter put us into a hole that we couldn't come out of. The worst part is that we essentially did it to ourselves over the span of a few minutes.

But it's a process, we're going to have games like this as the team grows and matures. Players will develop and talent will be added and we'll be able to recover from mistakes like today, but we're not quite there yet. The loss essentially (if not mathematically) eliminates us from the playoffs, but being honest we're not a playoff team. Not yet anyway. Next year I expect us to be though, the arrow is pointing up, way up. We had a good 3 game run and we can end in a high note. Take down the Bucs, beat down Seattle in Seattle, and end on a high note.

Its been a fun 3 weeks.

But, yes, I posted earlier today (before the loss) we are not a serious playoff team yet. But, we've made strides this year.

We are finally fun to watch.

Lesson

Oh, really?
bluecoconuts said:
The loss essentially (if not mathematically) eliminates us from the playoffs, but being honest we're not a playoff team.

I disagree with this.

The Rams beat the 49ers, tied the 49ers, beat Seattle, and beat Washington.

They also lost to New England, Green Bay, Chicago, and Minnesota, all of whom are over .500.

I'm not pissed off with those losses as much as I am about the Rams losing to teams that I believe are inferior to the Rams such as the Lions, Dolphins, and Jets.

Is it frustrating? Yes. But that doesn't mean one can't expect a team to be positioned in a playoff spot when said team has played competitive for the most part of the season aside from a handful of games

That's a record of 3-4-1 against teams that are over .500.

Is it the first year of a new staff? Yes. But that doesn't mean one can't hope for a playoff spot. Though I am really pleased with how the team has performed in Year 1 with the current staff and front office in place and has performed much better then the team from a year ago.

I'm really upset after this loss so chances are I might have a different explanation in a day or 2.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
15 points from their kicker
10 points off of turnovers
Ballgame.

We need a legit wide receiver in the worst way. Basically everyone can be single covered.

Bradford wasn't the same guy after taking that hit by Greenway. Too many missed opportunities, but you can't complain about throwing 3 TD's and a 2 point conversion. He put the ball in the endzone 4 times and had 377 yards in the air. This was just gonna take more offensive output than we're geared to provide. Especially against a good cover 2 defense like that.

I'm disappointed, but I ain't mad.

I also think that the next time a big Amendola return gets called back because of a flag, Danny needs to run over to whoever committed the penalty and kick him square in the nuts.

Other than that, I got nothin'.

Just disappointing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
The loss essentially (if not mathematically) eliminates us from the playoffs, but being honest we're not a playoff team.

I disagree with this.
I don't. It's just the honest truth. Playoff teams beat teams like the Lions, Dolphins, Jets, and Vikings. And they shouldn't get blown out of the water by "real" playoff teams like NE and GB. Fisher's done a good job in gearing this team up to face our division. That's a real good start. The next objective is to add some offensive firepower. This team will gel in the 2nd year of the systems. They're just not ready yet.

*IMO*

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
You could look at the game another way. There were 2 other teams fighting for playoff berths and they were shutout. One of them was the Giants, for Pete's sake. Can you imagine the reaction at RamStalk if that had happened to the Rams?

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:

I disagree with this.
I don't. It's just the honest truth. Playoff teams beat teams like the Lions, Dolphins, Jets, and Vikings. And they shouldn't get blown out of the water by "real" playoff teams like NE and GB. Fisher's done a good job in gearing this team up to face our division. That's a real good start. The next objective is to add some offensive firepower. This team will gel in the 2nd year of the systems. They're just not ready yet.

*IMO*

Playoff teams shouldn't lose to the Cardinals at home, the Panthers on the road, etc. But it happens.

And I think I understand your reasoning with saying that a playoff team shouldn't lose more games like that more than maybe once or twice a season. I'd 100% agree with that.

It just hasn't settled for me that the Rams probably won't be in the playoffs after the results of the last 3 weeks.

superfan24

Starter
Maybe this team isn't ready for the playoffs, but it sure would have been pretty awesome to fight Seattle out for the last spot in a couple weeks.
If their kicker would have missed those two 50 yarders, then Sam is tying the game on that last possession. We'll get there soon enough Ram bros.
Just disappointed as hell today......

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Really, when you think about it, the defense gave up 29 points. Only 2 TDs, the rest FGs. One FG was a gift, an absolute gift.

33-7 at one point in the 3rd, and you end up losing by 2 TDs and still having a chance- a very far out chance - but still a chance.

They never gave up, but the hole was too big. Couldn't stop Peterson for those final 3 points, couldn't connect on passes, etc etc. We can over analyze every little detail but that isn't gonna solve anything.

I said before, Giants, Bucs, Ravens, Bears all were horrible today. Playoff teams or teams fighting to get into the playoffs.

Keep things into perspective. I honestly never gave up today, and they damn sure made it close. They just lost a football game. Just like 15 other teams are going to...

Lesson

Oh, really?
I will say this, and I'm very happy that I can, since Spags was HC, I felt that the team always gave it's effort until the very end more times than not. I'm happy to see that continuing onto this season, but at the same time that can only do so much.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
You could look at the game another way. There were 2 other teams fighting for playoff berths and they were shutout. One of them was the Giants, for Pete's sake. Can you imagine the reaction at RamStalk if that had happened to the Rams?
True.

We're on the cusp here. We're real close.
Just got beat.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ram Quixote said:

That is solid perspective.

This is the NFL.

It is difficult to win in this league.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
True.

We're on the cusp here. We're real close.
Just got beat.
We made mistakes and they capitalized on them. We got beat, we beat ourselves, we deserved to lose that game

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
brokeu91 said:
We made mistakes and they capitalized on them. We got beat, we beat ourselves, we deserved to lose that game

How many false starts did we have today?

4?

Whats up with that? Last I checked we were the home team.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
brokeu91 said:

4?

Youth mistakes.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I was really pissed off after that, then I watched the news and a report about Newtown came on. They showed pictures of the kids, showed the emotional father talking about his kid... I'm not mad anymore. I'd love to win, really. But there's more important things to worry about right now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ScotsRam said:
I was really pissed off after that, then I watched the news and a report about Newtown came on. They showed pictures of the kids, showed the emotional father talking about his kid... I'm not mad anymore. I'd love to win, really. But there's more important things to worry about right now.
True. Excellent perspective.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
X said:
ScotsRam said:
True. Excellent perspective.

That's why I watch a lot of Rams games, ROD, fantasy football and work a lot. I was at lunch Friday and fox news is always on..I saw 1 minute got up and went back to my desk. I've chosen to not pay attention to the obscene trajedies and ruthless killings going on "out there".

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
CGI_Ram said:
brokeu91 said:

4?

Youth mistakes.
Not so sure about that. One was on Turner (might have been encroachment); 2 were on Wells. I'm thinking they need Wells and Bradford to get more familiarity. Holding him out of practice suddenly has a cost.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if we lost, it was fun to wake up on game day and have a respected coach and team coming out of the tunnel. These Rams are nasty and will take the ball away from you and never quit. This team is somewhat like the 70's Rams teams who were always in it and they can beat you and you will be hurting for a week after they play you. Man, we are going to have a harder schedule next year, I promise you that. It's not going to get easier.