Vikings game is the cement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
These next two games are the real test for me. So many lucky breaks on our schedule (Dallas without Sean Lee, Texans without Watson, and a Giants team that had already quit on their coach) have caused me to temper my enthusiasm so far. If they can win one of these next two in convincing fashion, then I'll start to believe some of the hype. If not, then I'll know we're the paper tiger I fear we are.
someone who is OBJECTIVE----wow, finally. thanks. a lot of pressure bd comin down if we dont win.....no pressure for vikes in an awful division.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
These next two games are the real test for me. So many lucky breaks on our schedule (Dallas without Sean Lee, Texans without Watson, and a Giants team that had already quit on their coach) have caused me to temper my enthusiasm so far. If they can win one of these next two in convincing fashion, then I'll start to believe some of the hype. If not, then I'll know we're the paper tiger I fear we are.

Deandre Hopkins played. He looked unstoppable at one point in the game. I think he caught 7 of 11 targets for 111 in the game.

Edit: I read that wrong, was thinking the WR not DeSean Watson.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Looking at this thing big picture, it's more about their record over four of their remaining games against Minn, Nawlins, Philly, and Seattle. If they don't go at least 2-2 in those four games vs playoff-level opponents they'll be a second tier team come playoff time.

So losing in Minnesota, if that happens, isn't the end of the world. All that aside though, yeah this is a huge game. And also of note is that Minnesota might be the least of that group of four teams, or below both Philly and Nawlins. Because both the Eagles and Saints not only play strong defense but also are explosive offensively.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is without a doubt a butch of backend of a season ... but I want to win that’s gonna garner respect a few people have taken notice and the media are sneaking on the bandwagon ... but you know I. The back of their heads they are thinking

It was the colts
It was the cards
The giants
the Texans without Watson
The only team of nite w we beat was the cowboys
Lost to the skins and the shithawks

Time to nut up earn our respect and take the NFCW

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
NFL games aren't easy to win, the ones we should win we straight up killed our opponents.
Our only two losses were turnover riddled and against two good teams. We could be here at 9-0. Now that would be something.
If we can beat the Vikes and Saints then we are beyond legit and playoff and probably home field advantage bound.
Even 1-1 against them and 8-3 is still top tier.
The Philly game is the one I can't wait for.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If they can win one of these next two in convincing fashion, then I'll start to believe some of the hype. If not, then I'll know we're the paper tiger I fear we are.
One at a time...but I'd like to win the next 2....We should handle Keenum and the Vikes....Kill Arizona.

The games against the Saints will be a playoff type test. The game against Philly as well. If we win those games, we probably see one of them, AT HOME in the playoffs.

Saints game, Philly game, Titan game....all are relatively healthy, like us....win these games....hype is officially FOR REAL.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Yeah, winning this game relieves a bit of pressure on us overall. First off, we don't want to lose to our starting/backup QB from the last several years. That'd just be embarrassing. But also, if we win this game and take care of business against the Cardinals it won't be AS big of a deal if we happen to lose to the Saints and Eagles. Both we are capable of winning but also very capable of losing because they are great teams. If we lose to the Vikings it makes the Saints and Eagles a bit more demanding of a win against at least one.
I think your thinking about this wrong. Beating the Saints and Eagles is more important at this point. IF the Rams win the division which they currently lead, beating the Eagles and Saints gives you the tiebreaker for home field advantage in the playoffs.

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I love our coaching staffs resume, a lot of familiarity around the league.

Ya, I hope having Aaron Kromer could possibly lead to being able to prepare for the Saints power run game a tad better.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
If we go 1-1 these next two games I’ll be happy. Much rather lose to the Saints then the Vikings though. Case Keenum can’t beat us. Drew Brees can.

The other way to look at it is, we lost to the Redskins and the Seahawks because of turnovers ; we gave the ball up too much. Russell WIlson and Kirk Cousins didn't beat us, their defenses did.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams have already entered the 3rd quarter of the season schedule. I figure they need to go 2-2 at worst.
3-1 is a bonus.

Nov-12 Texans W
Nov-19 @vikings
Nov-26 Saints
Dec-03 @Cardinals

The 4th quarter looks like this. 3-1 is the key here if they finish the 3rd quarter at 2-2.

Dec-10 Eagles
Dec-17 @Seahawks
Dec-24 @Titans
Dec-31 49'ers

That's just my take. 11-5 should get it done as far as playoffs go(wildcard) and i'm not ashamed to say...
if the Rams finish 11-5 and just get in i'll do cartwheels and throw a party. It's been WAY too long.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i love your optimism.

why must the rams win in convincing fashion? they're not the 85 bears just yet. beating any good team is a confidence boost for the team, and the fans.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This next quarter is going to be tougher for the Rams, but I think the tough 1st half against the Texans will have helped with focussing the team. It just goes to show that you have to be on your top form at all times in this league and we'll definitely need it next week against the Keenum and the Vikings, we'll need AD99 to cause havoc from the get go, I'd start Walker at NT to silence the run a bit more from the outset, and use Smart at the back end of the game when Keenum has to sling the ball to win.

What I do know is that this may be a slugfest between 2 monsters of this year - Zuerlein & Forbath, we need to keep the Nikes out of FG range if we can help it! Then again Forbath is 5-5 from 50+ and is second only to greg the leg in Kicker rankings this year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This game is key. I know they all are, but think about it.
  • We've just gone through the weakest portion of our schedule and have won each by double-digits
  • The media is clearly taking notice, but *almost* all comments are followed by disclaimer of weaker schedule and the tough games coming up
  • This is the beginning of a gauntlet facing division leaders in more than 1/2 of our remaining games
Sooooo, when (not if) we beat the Vikes, the conversation turns from "Look who the Rams have to play" to "Well they still have to play the Rams" for every other NFL team on our schedule. Rams will be cemented in as a no-joke elite NFC team.

I can't wait.

I am not so sure. The Vikings only beat one good team. So that won't be the game to change the narrative. Most won't beloeve until we beat the Saints and Eagles too. Then the talking heads will say, " I like the Rams but this team has never won a playoff game."