Vikings Fan Here

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well that doesn't count, I mean the Vikes won the superbowl in 19.... Oh wait.. I guess there's that..
Oh that most certainly counts. That was year one in the Greg Williams system.
Year two is all about reacting. Last year was think-then-react.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I think this week was a good time to play this game. I'm not even concerned with C. Long bein ready as this Bunch of RAMS are goin crazy and so Freakin DEEP. This is THE GAME OF THE WEEK and will be SO Hyped by the time it starts we will ALL be ready to suit up. I think Cook is goin over 100 this week . "D" is gonna score if Bridgewater is forced to put it up to come back. Hekker will keep them pinned like usual also. Thats one weapon we never discuss. I wanna use Cunningham as a blitz picker upper as he does so well at that but I'm takin the ball outta his hands after his 3rd TO even though that fasemask penalty brought that one back. We have to learn from the Cards game early whistle and last week. Just keep him stonewallin in Blitz pickup. WE ARE READY FOR THIS BUNCH. Quinn will have his BEST day against Clemmings. Donald is licking his chops. NO INJURIES!!!

I see a lot of stat mining by the Vikes fans, not just here but all over. Problem is that you need to consider who the Rams defense has played. They played IN Green Bay and Arizona, and also drew the Steelers before Big Ben was knocked out. Their schedule overall was extremely tough thus far (they even knocked off Seattle in the opener), and they're still 4-3 overall. This is why I am quite confident about this game. Worried about the Rams OL certainly, given the hostile crowd and Zimmer's scheme, but confident nonetheless.

I will tell you this defense is coming on. They've played well, but they are getting better. The secondary in particular is really coming together with some insane play, could be that we faced the Browns and 9ers the last two games but regardless I have not seen them play this well in a long time. Unless they show up flat Teddy is in for a long day. I make the assumption that the Rams offense faces a similar type matchup problem. This is going to be a downright nasty matchup.

Oh and I haven't seen anyone discuss special teams yet... Rams are very good in that third phase.
ST:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLdwUahIPDA

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

Vikes 8th

Rams 16th

iced

Browns defense may be bad but their offense has been anything but prior to our game.

mccown's numbers weeks 3-8:

Vs oakland - 341 yards, 2 tds/1 pick
@ SD - 356, 2/0, 1 fumble lost
@ Bal - 457, 2/0, 1 rush td
vs Denver - 213, 2/2, 1 fumble lost
@Us - 270, 0/0, 2 fumbles lost
vs Arizona - 211, 3/1, 1 fumble lost

That's funny because these days a 270 yrd day would be considered good for our QB. Ya it's come to that. The sad part is when our RB runs more than our QB passes..

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That's funny because these days a 270 yrd day would be considered good for our QB. Ya it's come to that. The sad part is when our RB runs more than our QB passes..

Likewise for ours, sadly...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you are saying that the Rams are better than Denver's D at home? And the Rams are going to shut the Vikes down to 6 pts at home?

Transitive property doesn't work in football. For example:
Week 6
Broncos - 26
Browns - 23

Week 7
Rams - 24
Browns - 6

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd happily take a 200 yard 2 TD day from Foles. Just something more than we've gotten of late.

Yep. I'll have to miss the game. Wish someone could record it and put it in their DropBox or something since ftp is so 10 years ago...

Even though I can't explain how it defies the space-time continuum, my having my victory blend while watching the recording may still have the desired effect even as I watch it after the fact. What can I say, my victory blends are powerful concoctions. I just gotta stop running out of ingredients on game day...

Rainram

Starter
I'd happily take a 200 yard 2 TD day from Foles. Just something more than we've gotten of late.
**I'll preface this by saying I'm not saying Foles is a Top 5 QB or anything. I'm aware of his shortcomings. Having said that...

Seattle - 297, 1 TD/0 INT
Washington - 150 1/0
Pittsburgh - 197 0/1 .... I'll never get Kendricks' drop out of my head. That would easily put him over 200 and gave him a TD
Arizona - 171 3/0 ...Gurley did most of the heavy lifting, but the "much-maligned" Foles put 3 in the endzone
Green Bay - 141 1/4 ... How dare he have a bad game. Especially since he had good protection and all
Cleveland - 163 0/0 ...Surely wasn't helped by Quick/Robinson sabotaging a 50 yard pass. Or by Cook fumbling inside the redzone.
San Francisco - 191 1/0 (and a two point conversion)... Britt dropped a bomb here too. And I don't even think he attempted a pass in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Something tells me he's doing what they want him to do
. Avoid sacks. Avoid mistakes/turnovers. Feed the running game. His last two games he's thrown the ball 23 times and averaging a whopping 26 attempts per game! Hard to put out 250-300 yard games like that...especially given the offense we run. On the season his ypa is at 7.0 (and largely hampered by the Packers and Redskins games). 3 games of ratings over 100, and likely would have had 2 more if he got just a little more from his pass catchers. Look...I know Foles has his problems, but he's not as bad as people are making him out to be around here...IMO...but we'll see how the rest of the season shakes out.

Having said all that...I agree with what most have said in this thread...these teams are very similar and evenly matched. Both QBs may be in for a tough day if their respective OLines continue to not do them any favors. This is the first 4-3 team we've faced since Seattle in Week 1.

For the Viking peeps in here...I know you all like Munnerlyn against Tavon "in the slot"...however, he isn't exactly a slot WR for us. I need to watch some Viking games (but won't have the time) to see what kind of packages you guys use, and in what situations. If I'm the rams, I'd really like to see our TEs exploit your DBs coming out of heavy run formations. And use those same formations to get Tavon on Newman (assuming he's the one covering Tavon in these non-Nickel sets). If we can get Harrison to play in the box and buy Foles enough time (???)...I like our big, tall pass-catchers (Britt, Quick and Cook) against your smaller DBs.

As a rams fan...Griffen vs Greg Robinson has me a bit nervous. And Floyd against Jamon Brown doesn't exactly give me warm fuzzies.

Looking forward to this game a lot (and the Cincy game in a couple weeks too).

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
my 2 cents

The talent on both teams is pretty equal. Home field for the Vikes is big. Both teams lean on the same philosophy for the most part.
There's one factor where i believe the Rams have a definitive advantage and many other teams have discovered this the hard way. This Rams team is very physical in all three phases. Teams hear about the physicality and are aware of it going in(being a Jeff Fisher team etc...) but much like Seattle when they were at their peak, the Rams will beat teams up on D.
Add to that the Gurley factor and how our WR's have been setting the tone outside on running plays. The young OLine has been doing the same in the 2nd half of games.

The Rams were completely unprepared in the opener last season vs Minnesota. Mentally and as a result physically. They were not physical at all in that game. In fact they were very soft on D. That unit has been flying around and putting licks on offenses since week one in 2015, and it's not like they're playing out of control either. It's really come together this season.

Denver's D is playing extremely well right now. They're disciplined and well schemed. They also play with attitude, but they are not as physical as this Rams D. Minnesota had better be prepared for that.

ohiorams

Rookie
c5faba2b24ee357c85b6c3d1d983a7b8.jpg

1977_rams_vikings.jpg

bc5db964cb1ec919170265d68a9a742d.jpg

chuck-foreman-rams.jpg

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Facebookstalker - what Vikings site do you use for your forum? I can't ever seem to find a good active Vikes forum to keep up with things on.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Facebookstalker @NorvZimmer ,

What the hell has happened to Cordarelle Patterson?.....I was yelling from the mountaintop, well from the freeways & beaches to draft him over Tavon & Nuk.....Why hasn't this guy learned how to run a pass pattern? All you have to do is get him the ball?

Should ask the same about Wallace.....But I figured he would coast after that contract...