Vikings Fan Here

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
More than likely our OLINE will struggle, but I believe the coaches know that and will game plan accordingly. As for your assessment on how we will not be able to run against you I will have to disagree with you there. We will do just fine running the ball.
I think that your OLINE will also struggle as Foles will be sacked and hit all game long. Look at past vikings games where rivers was taken outta the game cause he was hit so much, Stafford was bloody and bruised at the end of both games against them.

More than likely your o-line will struggle? Wow...you have no idea. Go watch the Rams play o-lines like yours. It's your worst nightmare.

Vikings will not run on the Rams. You'll see. This D is on fire at all levels.

The Rams o-line will struggle. No doubt. But don't count your sacks before they've hatched. Foles is 24th in sacks compared to TB's 11th spot. Foles is damn good at avoiding the sack. But he can be hit. I hope the Rams O schemes Austin and Gurley as pressure valves.

If I was Norv T, to be honest, I'd run Teddy out of a shotgun for the first Q. Try to get up 2 scores on the Rams and take the Rams running game out of the equation. While this will remove AD from the O, really it's prob the best shot. Shotgun and quick passes to TEs and WR slants. Then let Ad go to work dancing around, with 1 or 2 yards then a big one. It sounds like such a great game plan as I type away. Hell, this could be the Rams game plan as well. I'm going to say this is a 17-20 game. Who wins, I just don't know.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Know what? Foles and our WR's simply cannot continue to suck as bad as they have all year.
They just can't. They're not world beaters, but they are just not as bad as they have been. They're just not.

They're just not.

How's that for an objective football analysis?

He's the one that has 1 INT in 6 games, 24th in getting sacked, and hits players over and over with passes that are dropped.
To be fair, its hard to sack a QB that hands it off 30 times a game. The vikings really do hurt O lines that suck with a QB that drops back a lot. (see Detroit/Chargers) The Rams just don't do that. You'll see A gap blitz on 3rd and long, but I wouldn't expect to see a ton with how your club is more of a run first. I would guess we'll see more run blitz with soft screen zone.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If I was Norv T, to be honest, I'd run Teddy out of a shotgun for the first Q. Try to get up 2 scores on the Rams and take the Rams running game out of the equation. While this will remove AD from the O, really it's prob the best shot. Shotgun and quick passes to TEs and WR slants. Then let Ad go to work dancing around, with 1 or 2 yards then a big one. It sounds like such a great game plan as I type away. Hell, this could be the Rams game plan as well. I'm going to say this is a 17-20 game. Who wins, I just don't know.

You think the Vikings will outscore the Steelers entire offensive 12 points in just the opening of the game? Seahawks scored 18 offensive points all game. Green Bay had 17 offensive points. Browns and Niners combined for 12 over 8 quarters.

You need a new plan because if Vikings score twice all game, they will be field goals in all likelihood.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm going to say this is a 17-20 game. Who wins, I just don't know.
37j5hk28zm68jt5zg.jpg

According to the eye test and everything I've read, he's VERY good on both counts...BTW, what was the question again ??? Picking up screen passes and blocks ???
My bad, catching screen passes and picking up blocks.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Know what? Foles and our WR's simply cannot continue to suck as bad as they have all year.
They just can't. They're not world beaters, but they are just not as bad as they have been. They're just not.

They're just not.

How's that for an objective football analysis?

I say that every game. I pray this is the one they prove me right, we need them for a strong finish.

You think the Vikings will outscore the Steelers entire offensive 12 points in just the opening of the game? Seahawks scored 18 offensive points all game. Green Bay had 17 offensive points. Browns and Niners combined for 12 over 8 quarters.

You need a new plan because if Vikings score twice all game, they will be field goals in all likelihood.
So the Vikes will only score 6 this game? Wow, thats a pretty bold prediction, considering.

So you are saying that the Rams are better than Denver's D at home? And the Rams are going to shut the Vikes down to 6 pts at home?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Espn has you averaging 230 pass yards given up a game.
If teddy gets 230, I would be happy with that (y)

I see a lot of stat mining by the Vikes fans, not just here but all over. Problem is that you need to consider who the Rams defense has played. They played IN Green Bay and Arizona, and also drew the Steelers before Big Ben was knocked out. Their schedule overall was extremely tough thus far (they even knocked off Seattle in the opener), and they're still 4-3 overall. This is why I am quite confident about this game. Worried about the Rams OL certainly, given the hostile crowd and Zimmer's scheme, but confident nonetheless.

I will tell you this defense is coming on. They've played well, but they are getting better. The secondary in particular is really coming together with some insane play, could be that we faced the Browns and 9ers the last two games but regardless I have not seen them play this well in a long time. Unless they show up flat Teddy is in for a long day. I make the assumption that the Rams offense faces a similar type matchup problem. This is going to be a downright nasty matchup.

Oh and I haven't seen anyone discuss special teams yet... Rams are very good in that third phase.