Vikings Fan Here

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Hey guys and gals. I'm really looking forward to this game. The two teams seem very well matched up regarding D/O. Both teams are considering a Run first team, and both have their issues in the pass game.
I'll admit I haven't watched a full Rams game so I don't consider myself an expert. With that said, if I was to watch one, which game would you suggest? Which game best defines your team? Here are some fun stats.

Total D:
Rams 5
Vikes 6

D pts allowed:
Vikes 2
Rams 4

Total O:
Vikes 29
Rams 31

O Pts
Vikes 22
Rams 28

Teams beat ranked total O
Rams:
Hawks 8 W
Skins 26 L
Pitt 12 L
Cards 3 W
Pac 28 L
Browns 11 W
49ers 30 W

Vikes:
49ers 30 L
Lions 15 W
Chargers 1 W
Broncos 21 L
Lions 15 W
KC 13 W
Chi 27 W

Here is what the vikes D is all about if you are into that kind of stuff.

http://nflbreakdowns.com/zimmer-vikings-blitz-lions-sacks/

Anyway look forward to some good conversation and a great game Sunday!
Thanks!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lolz @ your screen name. Welcome aboard!! I would say the AZ game is a pretty good indicator of what the Rams are all about. Just enough offense to win and a stingy scoring defense. The Cards got their yards against the Rams, but we were able to get turnovers. The defense has actually tightened up quite a bit since that game IMO. The Rams actually out gained GB, but lost the turnover battle. Foles was terrible in that game. I named the Vikes as my sleeper team on here back in the summer. Aside from a head scratcher against the 9ers, you all have looked good and continue to improve. Should be an exciting game. NO INJURIES!!!

P.S. I am a Maryland guy and love me some Stefon Diggs. You got a gamer with him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hey, welcome to ROD! I love your screen-name, but I don't have Facebook, so you can't stalk me! :p

But seriously, welcome. We love having opposing fans here, and you're welcome to brag a bit so long as it doesn't escalate into name-calling and stuff like that. We even have a Cowboys fan @Rynie and a few Cardinals fans who like to come by and visit. So long as you can take a little ribbing, you're welcome here.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welcome!

Lots of history between these two great franchises....my dad still gets irritated when talking about the playoff game in 1977 when the Rams were finally supposed to beat the Vikings in the playoffs but lost...

Or our favorite, the beat down in St. Louis en route to the super bowl! :yess:

The Rams have been a bit strange this year...two great wins against the Seahawks and Cardinals. Bad loss to the Redskins. Loss at home to the Steelers, and a loss at Lambeau.....then two wins at home over inferior opponents. And the most irritated I was watching any of those games? The two wins over inferior opponents. The score looks good, but the offense only converted two or three 3rd downs in those games COMBINED - most teams do that on one drive. I think the Arizona and GB games will show you what we're all about - especially because those are probably the two best teams in the NFC. Both show you what the defense and running game can do, and then you have Foles at his best and at his worst. All other games it's kind of been something in between that.

In terms of recent memory, Rams fans are still feeling that beat down you guys put on us last week on opening day. Hopefully the players remember it as well.

Our offensive line struggles with blitzes, especially of the complex nature, so I don't see much of a passing game for us in this one - BUT, I said the exact same thing before the Arizona game. I've seen how Zimmer likes to put LBs right over the gaps and then either send them or drop them back...that's a nightmare for our offense...the Rams have to establish a passing game or soon there will be 11 guys in the box.

On defense, we've played two and a half of the best QBs in the NFL this year and still field a top 5 unit. The Vikings will have to establish the run and try to utilize a quick passing game. Problem with that will be that our secondary has played outstanding.

To me this will be pretty simple...whomever has more success running the ball will win the game. I don't feel good because it's at Minnesota and you guys seem to have our number the last few years. Wouldn't be surprised if this game ended 9-6.

…..

Legend
Watch any game except vs Washington.....The Rams got the loss in that game but I'm not sure what team that was in Ram uni's

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good stuff. You won't get any name calling from me. I'm out in Colorado but born in Mn and remain a huge Vikes Fan. You guys have a stellar front 4, and they are going to cause a lot of problems for our make shift O line. To combat this, we'll go heavy shotgun witch adds another problem as AD doesn't run well at all out of the shotgun or pistol. I would guess we'll see quick screens to TEs to help with the pressure from both clubs. AD has stone hands so I wouldn't expect much from him on the screen game. We do have two other backs that can work this well. Gurley is a beast, the 2nd coming and I would guess we'll sell out on the run, lots of run blitz and such. I'm guessing both teams will do this so I'm really starting to wonder if this will be put on the shoulder's of both teams QBs. Judging how both our QBs have looked this will result in a pretty low scoring game. @Faceplant, ya dude, Diggs was pretty much Maryland's whole offense!. The kid is good and he's bailed out TB a few times, he'll get his YAC. Here is a fun fact you guys should be beating your chest to. Vikes have to be close to, if not the worst in Red Zone production. The Rams are Damn good in the Red Zone.

Watch any game except vs Washington.....The Rams got the loss in that game but I'm not sure what team that was in Ram uni's
This is funny cause we've all been there. I think every team has a game like that. We had ours against the niners, our coach even said at the PC, he didn't even know who those guys were.. Green Bay just had theirs against Denver.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welcome aboard!

I think both teams remain enigmas to some degree.... still trying to find themselves in certain phases of the game.

One thing I believe: Whoever emerges from the game with a "W" will gain a lot of confidence and probably gets into the playoffs.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Here is a fun fact you guys should be beating your chest to. Vikes have to be close to, if not the worst in Red Zone production. The Rams are Damn good in the Red Zone.

Rams #1 in red zone defense(touchdowns) at 31.25%, next best is Cincinnati with 43.75%.
Viking actually tied for 4th at 47.37%.

Rams 22nd at red zone offense at 50.00%,
Vikings 30th at 38.10%.

Might be a pretty ugly game filled with fg's.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams #1 in red zone defense(touchdowns) at 31.25%, next best is Cincinnati with 43.75%.
Viking actually tied for 4th at 47.37%.

Rams 22nd at red zone offense at 50.00%,
Vikings 30th at 38.10%.

Might be a pretty ugly game filled with fg's.
OK... I rarely predict the score of a game, but this has given me confidence!

Rams 6
Vikings 5

Take it to the bank (if you dare!)
:LOL:

fancents86

Starter
This game and the Bengals I have as potential losses, which honestly I wouldn't be too mad bc the bengals are a juggernaut right now and you guys have the potential to hang with just about anyone. Also like someone else stated, you seem to have our number recently. Hoping for a good out come and a good game. Welcome to the board.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't take any team lightly and the Vikings are 3-0 at home.
But- let's be fair, all 5 of your wins came against teams with a combined 8 wins and 23 losses.
Your' two losses are against teams with 9 wins and 6 losses. Mainly because Denver is 7-0.
You lost to SF who is terrible (agreed, we all have bad losses sometimes). You had one tough loss to Denver which is a difficult place to win for anyone.
On our side, we have 4 wins against teams that have 14 wins and 18 losses
Our 3 losses are against teams with 13 wins and 9 losses including losing to Pitt by 6 and letting Green Bay escape because Nick Foles threw 4 game killing INT's.

I don't want to sound like you're not good, I think the Vikings are decent. But outside of Denver you've played a really soft schedule. We've played some of the best offenses in the league in Pitt, Green Bay, and Arizona (who we beat in their house) and the best defenses in the league as well. Feel free to look that up, it's 100% accurate.
We'll see what happens this weekend. But I'd guess if you played our early schedule you would be 3-4 at best.

Edit- Pitt and Green bay and Washington we're top 5 defense when we played them. They have fallen off since.

Last edited:
But- let's be fair, all 5 of your wins came against teams with a combined 8 wins and 23 losses.
Your' two losses are against teams with 9 wins and 6 losses. Mainly because Denver is 7-0.
You lost to SF who is terrible (agreed, we all have bad losses sometimes). You had one tough loss to Denver which is a difficult place to win for anyone.
Our 3 losses are against teams with 13 wins and 9 losses including losing to Pitt by 6 and letting Green Bay escape because Nick Foles threw 4 game killing INT's.

I don't want to sound like you're not good, I think the Vikings are decent. But outside of Denver you've played a really soft schedule. We've played some of the best offenses in the league in Pitt, Green Bay, and Arizona (who we beat in their house) and the best defenses in the league as well. Feel free to look that up, it's 100% accurate.
We'll see what happens this weekend. But I'd guess if you played our early schedule you would be 3-4 at best.

Edit- Pitt and Green bay and Washington we're top 5 defense when we played them. They have fallen off since.

Green Bay is 28th in total O, Pitt is 12th, I wouldn't call that best in the league. That title belongs to the Chargers who the Vikings dismantled. They pulled Rivers in early in the 4th and put a backup in because he was getting hurt.
A win at AZ (3rd) there, was huge and very, very impressive. I've got nothing there. I'm not a huge stat guy, I won't pretend to be, I'd much rather gather opinions by watching the game, and I'm the first to admit I haven't watched a full Rams game so I might be reaching there.
Granted we haven't played really hard teams, but good teams beat bad teams, and minus the SF game (SMH) that is what the vikes are doing.

Oh you're in Parker, down in the springs here. Bronco fans are crazy here huh.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You can throw the stats out simply due to the disparity of level of competition to date. They're very similar teams, almost mirror images of each other now. Both have excellent defenses. Both have home run hitter backs. Neither QB is in for a good day in this matchup.

The advantage I see for the Vikes is the Rams have a very young OL and it's a home game for you. How well those guys deal with Zimmer's line fakes and stunts particularly up the middle with all that crowd noise will dictate the outcome of the game.

I'm excited too, and for both teams this is a great matchup to demonstrate they're ready to be looked at as a true playoff contender this season. Think we're in for a tough, playoff type game.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Green Bay is 28th in total O, Pitt is 12th, I wouldn't call that best in the league. That title belongs to the Chargers who the Vikings dismantled. They pulled Rivers in early in the 4th and put a backup in because he was getting hurt.
A win at AZ (3rd) there, was huge and very, very impressive. I've got nothing there. I'm not a huge stat guy, I won't pretend to be, I'd much rather gather opinions by watching the game, and I'm the first to admit I haven't watched a full Rams game so I might be reaching there.
Granted we haven't played really hard teams, but good teams beat bad teams, and minus the SF game (SMH) that is what the vikes are doing.

At the time of the games those offenses were better. You have to factor in Pitt has been without Ben for the last 3 games until this week as well..
Green Bay still scores 24 PPG. But when you manage 140ish yards against Denver that will drop you back quite a bit.

I'm not saying we are any great team, but I do think this will be the biggest challenge you've faced thus far, IMO. Our D is legit. Seems yours is as well.

Now about our offenses...LOL

You can throw the stats out simply due to the disparity of level of competition to date. They're very similar teams, almost mirror images of each other now. Both have excellent defenses. Both have home run hitter backs. Neither QB is in for a good day in this matchup.

The advantage I see for the Vikes is the Rams have a very young OL and it's a home game for you. How well those guys deal with Zimmer's line fakes and stunts particularly up the middle with all that crowd noise will dictate the outcome of the game.

I'm excited too, and for both teams this is a great matchup to demonstrate they're ready to be looked at as a true playoff contender this season. Think we're in for a tough, playoff type game.

You're so right, I'd love to come on here and say how the Vikings are going to win. I just can't, I have no idea what the outcome of this game will be. The Rams are good, and looking forward to a black and blue type of game. Good Defense, good ground game and low scoring.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I have thought this would be 1 of our toughest 3 games all season. The steelers were at full force with Ben on fire as he was rusty this last week coming off the game with us. They had Brown/Miller and Bell going in between the 20's then had to kick a FG.

Teams now want Foles to beat them and are gonna do the run blitz till they are backed off. No stats are able to pigeon hole our team as Fisher plays games to JUST win and is not about players stats or team stats. We can't help but hang our hat on our REDZONE "D" . With exception of the passes given up in the away game at GB and our OL was just overwhelmed at Washington. (Young and growing each week so far)We had No Gurley to give them.

I see Rudolph possibly being your best offensive weapon. Bridgewater WILL be forced to throw short and early as we can substitute all game on "D" and not lose much at all now and even getting better by week which is Scarey Good. I'm a 50+ year RAMS fan and this current ram "D" in the last two weeks and you can see they are improving weekly STILL has impressed me more than any RAMS "D" I've EVER seen ,especially at the hits and punishment delivered and players hurt & depth as the "O" has made them play So much. Thats with our team missing a dominant LB in Alec Ogletree and Chris Long for two weeks now. We have only gotten BETTER!!! I want our "D" ON THE FIELD and feel we can score on any play.

WE have only won one game away in a WAR. I believe GURLEYII was pulled early in blowout last week to save for his load this Sunday. When I see that the vikes are having struggles with OL , I can only think this bunch as well as yours should smell BLOOD IN THE WATER in Minneapolis.
NO INJURIES!!!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
You're so right, I'd love to come on here and say how the Vikings are going to win. I just can't, I have no idea what the outcome of this game will be. The Rams are good, and looking forward to a black and blue type of game. Good Defense, good ground game and low scoring.

Earlier in another thread I predicted a 20-10 Rams win. But I've since changed my mind about it. I still think we'll win, I still think you guys will get 10, but I'm thinking we may only get 13. I just can't look past our passing game like some can.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Welcome...
The two teams seem very well matched up regarding D/O.
Well, despite similar stats, we've played very different competition to arrive at this point....I watch a lil Minn to see whats what with Barr & #54....ucla.....A ram fan I know loves Teddy...great competitor, weak arm...small frame...I smell trouble...I wanna see if your defense is really all that, but I doubt it...Your offense looks much better than ours...

.my dad still gets irritated when talking about the playoff game in 1977 when the Rams were finally supposed to beat the Vikings in the playoffs but lost...
Me too...that damn rain-bowl....I was just a pup then...damn chuck foreman!