Vikings defensive tackle Linval Joseph shot after game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Vikings defensive tackle Linval Joseph shot after game
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 9, 2014

3a7dc59f4aee42097c8aa111c52b36c9.jpeg
AP

The key to the preseason for NFL teams is to escape uninjured.

That applies to the post-game as well.

The Vikings announced that defensive tackleLinval Joseph was shot in the leg last night at a nightclub after the game.

“Following last night’s preseason game, Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle Linval Joseph was an innocent bystander to the shooting that took place at the 400 SoundBar in downtown Minneapolis,” the statement read. “Linval suffered a minor injury during the shooting when a stray bullet struck his calf. He was immediately taken to the hospital where he was treated for his injury and released. He is expected to return to his coaches and teammates this week.

“The entire Vikings organization is extremely thankful that Linval was not seriously hurt, and our thoughts are with all of the victims of this shooting. The team will defer any further comment to the Minneapolis Police Department during its ongoing investigation.”

Whether he’s able to come back and play is secondary at the moment, as he’s fortunate to have suffered only minor injuries.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was gonna say...
Pretty freakin' harsh, Zimmer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was really worried when I saw the title "Joseph shot" on Rotoworld. Thought it was Davin Joseph. Am I a bad person for breathing a sigh of relief when I saw it was Linval?

SierraRam

Recreational User
It happened at 2:00 am. I'm glad it doesn't sound serious, but isn't there a TC curfew?? These guys need to stay low for 6 months out of the year...

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
They should keep him out until after the Week 1 game. You know, just to be safe and all.

Alan

Legend
jap taking one for the team:
Yes! ;)
Thanks jap, I thought I was going to have to do that.
upload_2014-8-9_21-21-21.jpeg

They do that on purpose you know, cause they know we can't resist. Bastards!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I whole heartedly disagree! Do you know how many times I have had something wonderful happen with a new friend I 'aqquired' at a bar night club?(y)
Question is ,DO YOU?
Cuz if ya don't maybe you need ta stay home a lil' more

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Why do these guys still go out at night and get into shit like this? At some point you've got to say, "Nothing but bullshit happens at night." Go home and sleep and not get shot in the legs.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know. I think you can be responsible and still go out.
Hard for me to point my finger at a shooting victim who apparently had done nothing wrong.