Vikings comparison, nfc wild card?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Over the last 2 seasons I see a lot of similarities between the Vikings and our Rams. Both teams have defensive minded old school football coaches that have built really good defensive units. The Vikings offense has been built around a big o line and a great running back in AP. The rams have made the same moves in building the offensive line and drafting Todd Gurley. Minnesota drafted a QB 3 years ago and has put a lot of weapons around him, This year the rams drafted a QB in the first round and put weapons around him. The similarities are everywhere between the 2 rosters and I see a bright future for both teams. Vikings made the playoffs last year and almost beat Seattle, I think our offensive unit should be better than theirs because I think Bridgewater is a game manager, he lacks the skills of Goff, however I think they have more fire power on offense. If our team was in the NFC north I'd say we make the playoffs this year but comparing to the Vikings I think we are on the road to success and can be in the run for a wildcard at least.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Over the last 2 seasons I see a lot of similarities between the Vikings and our Rams. Both teams have defensive minded old school football coaches that have built really good defensive units. The Vikings offense has been built around a big o line and a great running back in AP. The rams have made the same moves in building the offensive line and drafting Todd Gurley. Minnesota drafted a QB 3 years ago and has put a lot of weapons around him, This year the rams drafted a QB in the first round and put weapons around him. The similarities are everywhere between the 2 rosters and I see a bright future for both teams. Vikings made the playoffs last year and almost beat Seattle, I think our offensive unit should be better than theirs because I think Bridgewater is a game manager, he lacks the skills of Goff, however I think they have more fire power on offense. If our team was in the NFC north I'd say we make the playoffs this year but comparing to the Vikings I think we are on the road to success and can be in the run for a wildcard at least.

Bridgewater has a weak arm. I think Goff will be a much better QB. They don't have any great receivers. Diggs is decent but not great. Tavon is a better weapon. Gurley or AD? Ill take the younger star. The Queens OLine is getting old too. And Zimmer is a whiner, which is not the quality of a great leader. The Rams have a much brighter future than Minnesota.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just very odd don't see many teams in the NFL now days building a team on defense and running game. Seems to work for them hopefully it does for our rams !

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's a good comparison. I agree the Rams are going to have the better QB, but maybe not this year. Bridgewater has good talent around him but more importantly an experienced OL and NORV TURNER as his OC. Edge to the Vikes overall for now, until Boras shows he can consistently stand up to good DCs on the scheme side.

Defensively the Vikes are more consistent too. I've always respected their head coach's A gap agressive defense, he really does a great job of week in and week out making sure they're well prepared. I think the Rams defense will be better though IF they can stay healthy.

These two teams are on a collision course for playoff matchups IMO. That's right. I think Goff is going to take the Rams to the playoffs in his rookie season. Suck it media!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
yep

a QB that is even kinda sorta consistent , and a field goal kicker who can actually make 30 yard field goals , and we're on our way