''VIKE`S PASSING ON ''KALIL'' IS IT POSSIBLE????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I`M HEARING THINGS ON OTHER SITES HAVE YOU GUY`S HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE ??? TALK TO ME??

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
AIRWARNER13 said:
I`M HEARING THINGS ON OTHER SITES HAVE YOU GUY`S HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE ??? TALK TO ME??

Anything you hear prior to the draft needs to be taken with a grain of salt -- we're now in the "smoke and mirrors" portion of the calendar.

At the very least, it looks like the Vikings are going fishing for some team to trade up to their 3rd overall pick -- so it wouldn't do for them to be crowing "Kalil's our guy -- bank it!"

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Anything's possible in the draft. I never thought that Tyson Alualu would selected in the first round of 2010, let alone the top ten. After that (and both Quinn and Amukamara falling last year), nothing surprises me anymore.

The Vikings could pass on Kalil. It wouldn't be a smart choice for them, but they could easily take Claiborne or trade down. It all depends on who's willing to give what.

Or it could be a smokescreen. There's a lot of those.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think if the Queens pass on Kalil, that's a huge red flag for that guy and should scare away teams from taking him. LT is their biggest need far and away so if they pass on him, it's nothing but a bad omen.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Warner4Prez said:
I think if the Queens pass on Kalil, that's a huge red flag for that guy and should scare away teams from taking him. LT is their biggest need far and away so if they pass on him, it's nothing but a bad omen.
I don't think that. That would mean that they were the only team that scouted him thoroughly. Trust me, that's not the case.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
Warner4Prez said:
I don't think that. That would mean that they were the only team that scouted him thoroughly. Trust me, that's not the case.

Yeah, I don't think that either.

First of all; I believe it's a smokescreen to stoke some trade interest.

But, if they pass on him for another player (choosing Claiborne for example) it's sort of splitting hairs between two potentially great players.

steferfootball

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
Warner4Prez said:

Yeah, I don't think that either.

First of all; I believe it's a smokescreen to stoke some trade interest.

But, if they pass on him for another player (choosing Claiborne for example) it's sort of splitting hairs between two potentially great players.
I think it is _A_ red flag. Not a huge one. It could very well be that AP is never going to play football again and they like Richardson. Or they have a terrible secondary and want a stud corner.

I mean it is possible they arn't really that high on him. That is why I say it is a red flag, but not necessarily a show stopper.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Some see a red flag...I see "the sky is falling". I hope he drops to #6.

If there's something wrong with Kalil, we will hear about it. NFL bloodlines, stellar career, fantastic measurables. Definitely one of the cleanest players in this draft.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
DR RAM said:

If there's something wrong with Kalil, we will hear about it. NFL bloodlines, stellar career, fantastic measurables. Definitely one of the cleanest players in this draft.

That's what I'm getting at. The Vikings need a LT. Sure their secondary isn't great, but they have bodies there, sure AP might not be %100, but Gerhart proved he can handle the rock last year. If they really want to give Ponder a shot to be a legit QB, then they need Kalil. If they pass, then surely there is something there that isn't right. Or Rick Spielman has no business being the GM of a football team.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Warner4Prez said:
DR RAM said:

That's what I'm getting at. The Vikings need a LT. Sure their secondary isn't great, but they have bodies there, sure AP might not be %100, but Gerhart proved he can handle the rock last year. If they really want to give Ponder a shot to be a legit QB, then they need Kalil. If they pass, then surely there is something there that isn't right. Or Rick Spielman has no business being the GM of a football team.
OR they have another plan in mind...but it doesn't mean that the Vikings know or don't know something about Kalil that the rest of the teams interested in him do or don't know.