Video: Willis' respect for Lynch, Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[espn]7774558[/espn]

Mike Sando:

Passing along: Patrick Willis' recent SportsCenter interview reflecting on the San Francisco 49ers' 2011 season, specifically the "family atmosphere" around the team and Willis' characterization of Jim Harbaugh as "the true definition of a players' coach."

Willis also discussed his status as a No. 11 seed in the "Madden 13" and why he's worthy of appearing on the cover in the tradition of Ray Lewis.

Finally, Willis singled out Marshawn Lynch and Steven Jackson as the two toughest guys to tackle in the NFL. Can you think of anyone tougher to bring down?

steferfootball

Starter
I would like to see Steven Jackson's career stats on a good team. I feel like he could be in the HOF already and perhaps more. His blocking has been pretty pitiful throughout his career.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
steferfootball said:
I would like to see Steven Jackson's career stats on a good team. I feel like he could be in the HOF already and perhaps more. His blocking has been pretty pitiful throughout his career.

But I could also flip that around and say that its even more impressive that he has put up the stats he has, especially when you look at just how bad the offense has been in recent years, and overall, the entire team. Its not SJ's fault that we couldnt do enough to put a better team around him for most of his career. Oh and he has improved his blocking lol.

This argument comes up in all sports for good players on bad teams when it comes to awards (MVP, HOF). Its a never-ending debate.

steferfootball

Starter
JdashSTL said:
steferfootball said:

But I could also flip that around and say that its even more impressive that he has put up the stats he has, especially when you look at just how bad the offense has been in recent years, and overall, the entire team. Its not SJ's fault that we couldnt do enough to put a better team around him for most of his career. Oh and he has improved his blocking lol.

This argument comes up in all sports for good players on bad teams when it comes to awards (MVP, HOF). Its a never-ending debate.
For the most part though, the players on the good teams with good stats get the awards. :grr:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:
steferfootball said:

For the most part though, the players on the good teams with good stats get the awards. :grr:

Yeah its dumb. I really thought Matt Kemp deserved the MLB NL MVP last year, and I think Kevin Love deserves some NBA MVP votes. How can we just immediately discard players on bad teams by saying "well, they didnt win many games, they didnt make the playoffs." Those teams would be MUCH WORSE without those players and the players should not be blamed for a poor environment, poor ownership, or a bad GM because those are also HUGE factors in the quality of that team.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
JdashSTL said:
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:
steferfootball said:

Yeah its dumb. I really thought Matt Kemp deserved the MLB NL MVP last year, and I think Kevin Love deserves some NBA MVP votes. How can we just immediately discard players on bad teams by saying "well, they didnt win many games, they didnt make the playoffs." Those teams would be MUCH WORSE without those players and the players should not be blamed for a poor environment, poor ownership, or a bad GM because those are also HUGE factors in the quality of that team.

I want to apologize to Kevin Durant for saying this, but Kevin Love should win the MVP. I haven't seen a big man that can do what he does game after game in quite some time (since Hakeem the Dream, actually). Dirk doesn't have Love's post moves. Howard doesn't have the ability to hit shots from further out than ten feet, while Love can nail threes. And the others such as Bynum, Griffin, Bosh, and Horford? Love is simply a better player than all of them.

Also, most of them are playing on legit playoff teams. Love, on the other hand, is playing with Ricky Rubio (who went down with a season-ending injury about a month ago) and a bunch of first round busts, rookies, and fringe players. Oh, and did I mention that he's still producing his insane numbers without Rubio?

It would be a travesty if Love didn't win the MVP. I say this honestly

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Memento said:
JdashSTL said:
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:
steferfootball said:

I want to apologize to Kevin Durant for saying this, but Kevin Love should win the MVP. I haven't seen a big man that can do what he does game after game in quite some time (since Hakeem the Dream, actually). Dirk doesn't have Love's post moves. Howard doesn't have the ability to hit shots from further out than ten feet, while Love can nail threes. And the others such as Bynum, Griffin, Bosh, and Horford? Love is simply a better player than all of them.

Also, most of them are playing on legit playoff teams. Love, on the other hand, is playing with Ricky Rubio (who went down with a season-ending injury about a month ago) and a bunch of first round busts, rookies, and fringe players. Oh, and did I mention that he's still producing his insane numbers without Rubio?

It would be a travesty if Love didn't win the MVP. I say this honestly

I'm a Thunder fan. It doesn't really bother me who wins these awards (well, except for LeOverrated). Most important thing are championships.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
JdashSTL said:
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:
steferfootball said:

I remember some blogger/sportswriter took on the MVP from a winner people, and made some very good points about how much harder it is to produce good numbers when you don't have a good team around you. Winners? It's relatively easy to go to the ballpark every day when you're winning regularly, and you've got teammates that can be counted on to help you win games. Pressure-packed pennant races? How about the drudgery of playing for a team that merely hopes to win games, rather than expecting to?

As fans, we talk a lot about how ball players get paid to play a kid's game, but steady failure can drain the fun out of anything. SJ gets a load of respect from me, just for what he's shown the last 3 years.