Video/Transcript: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher, 8-1-13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[stl]2c02a29a-cd03-47f2-b462-e4601d71c6b1[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Head-Coach-Jeff-Fisher-Press-Conference/2c02a29a-cd03-47f2-b462-e4601d71c6b1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 601d71c6b1</a>

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post-Practice – August 1, 2013

(On the offense producing a lot of big plays today in practice)
“I liked both sides, actually. I thought the defense, once we got down inside the plus territory, it was doing some really good things. But, yeah, the offense made some plays. A couple of the plays, you want to see the throw, the accuracy, the finish and the catch, but there are some questions about whether the ball would’ve gotten off normal situations. We need to protect a little bit better, but overall I thought both sides had a pretty productive practice. You can tell now that there’s familiarity with the shoulder pads. It was kind of awkward the first day and now they’re feeling good. Of course the weather’s been great and the extra rest has been good. So, I thought – a little disappointed with yesterday’s, but coming back today. we’re back on track.”

(On if he enjoys the battles between CB Janoris Jenkins and WR Chris Givens)
“They’re all battling, and that’s good. That kind of offensive and defensive competition is taking place at a lot of different positions, so it only makes young players better.”

(On what he expects from Givens)
“He’s really had a good offseason. He was here and he was very, very motivated and focused. You can see he’s much more familiar with our offense now, and he had that stretch where he had a catch over 50 yards for five consecutive weeks last year. I think you see much more consistency out of him early in the season, but I’m pleased with his production so far.”

(On if the offense has the potential to be ranked in the top third of the NFL in the red zone)
“We don’t ever make predictions, but we feel like with the matchups that we’ll create and the mismatches that we’ll create with (TE) Jared (Cook) and (WRs) Tavon (Austin) and Austin (Pettis) and Quickie (Brian Quick). You’ve got big targets, big frames and what happens is you end up with the opportunity to run the football. It’s not easy to get in, and when you have the chance to bust some runs and get in there, it really opens everything else up.”

(On how S T.J. McDonald and LB Alec Ogletree are meshing with the defense)
“They’re doing fine. They’re both very instinctive players, and they’re intelligent, and they’re studying. Neither one of them is struggling whatsoever in the system and the scheme. They’re making calls so it’s good to see. They’re going to be impact players for us.”

(On what the young receivers can get out of Isaac Bruce being around)
“It’s the subtle things. Glad to hear that he was interested in coming in. Torry’s (Holt) going to come in as well, kind of spend some time with us. So, it’s just the little detailed things – seeing things from their perspective. Ray, (Wide Receiver) Coach Sherman is a really good football coach and welcomes both of those guys in as far as the young guys are concerned.”