VIDEO - My CATCH 4 days ago!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Hi all. I just had to share my "what a catch" video with you. Toot my own horn just a little ya know.
4 days ago my son and I played some catch at the local high school field. I stuck a one handed catch!

I even surprised myself with this catch as I am SO out of shape. I sit almost every day at a computer.

I'll be 54 years old (not 34, not 44) next month so ... not too bad? Your thoughts?

View: https://youtu.be/dIagIp4nly0

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Hi all. I just had to share my "what a catch" video with you. Toot my own horn just a little ya know.
4 days ago my son and I played some catch at the local high school field. I stuck a one handed catch!

I even surprised myself with this catch as I am SO out of shape. I sit almost every day at a computer.

I'll be 54 years old (not 34, not 44) next month so ... not too bad? Your thoughts?

View: https://youtu.be/dIagIp4nly0

You have better hands than I do. I couldn't have tracked the ball like that.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
After further review, the receiver failed to get his second foot in bounds.

Nice catch bro..

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
After further review, the receiver failed to get his second foot in bounds.

Nice catch bro..
I kinda agree. That second foot was on the white. But did I somehow have possession during the two steps I took before that? The ball stuck immediately. No bobble. What would NFL officials decide?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I kinda agree. That second foot was on the white. But did I somehow have possession during the two steps I took before that? The ball stuck immediately. No bobble. What would NFL officials decide?
Fair point. Your right foot was on the ground when the ball stuck, your left hits, then you step out (barely, need a better angle. Do you have that 3d spinning view thing setup for this?). I could see it going either way.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Just need this in slo-mo with the solemn voice of John Facenda (the NFL films guy)

Knee braces and thinning hair.... yeah baby!

Nice freakin catch

And the replay review is super-close... all depends on whether or not possession was established with that first step

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
You have better hands than I do. I couldn't have tracked the ball like that.
Thanks. When I see myself in that video I cringe. Is that what I look like on the field! How sad. People shouldn't have to view that, haha.

I've played some kind of football every week since I was like 10 years old. Do you get out and play some good ole American Football now and then? Even if it's just throwing it around with another person?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Thanks. When I see myself in that video I cringe. Is that what I look like on the field! How sad. People shouldn't have to view that, haha.

I've played some kind of football every week since I was like 10 years old. Do you get out and play some good ole American Football now and then? Even if it's just throwing it around with another person?
No, I don't. I've never had the social life to get in on anything like that. Plus I'm much more of a nerd at heart. I love the idea of being an athlete. I dislike the physical labor.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Fair point. Your right foot was on the ground when the ball stuck, your left hits, then you step out (barely, need a better angle. Do you have that 3d spinning view thing setup for this?). I could see it going either way.
Haha. I'll save up and buy a "3d spinning view thing" for next time I'm out there. Then we'll get to the bottom of future questionable catches. By the way, where can I buy a 3d spinning view thing? (man I hope he doesn't think I'm serious)

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Knee braces and thinning hair.... yeah baby!

Nice freakin catch

The sentence in bold made me laugh out loud. Good stuff man. It looked like some senior citizen's 'Last wish foundation' event didn't it. Damn getting old really hurts my field cred.