Video: Jeff Fisher tells his staff he's been fired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Powerful stuff to see something someone loved come to an end. I disagreed with a lot of what Jeff did towards the end but I still respect the guy and his passion. And Singletary at the end was awesome. When the camera goes on Boras you can almost see the "this is my fault" look on his face. Nothing to celebrate with this clip even if you agreed with the move like I did. But interesting look at the personal emotion involved.

Last edited:

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
I liked him in Tennessee (except for one game in early 2000), and was super excited when the Rams hired him. Turned out to be a mediocre coach stuck with a bad team. Singletary has class man.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
He looks heart broken. How could he not? He was terminated from the only thing he's done his whole life. But at the same time, I don't see how he didn't see it coming. He had 5 tries to get it right. And could never do it.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Video wouldn't play for me at work, will have to check it out at home.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
God why did we not do anything to keep Singletary?!?! His presence alone is a plus in our LB'ing team room.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Damn Bones almost fell backwards when Fisher said "I was just fired." I imagine if that table wasnt behind him he would of fell all the way... Must be hard, and Singletary showing class was great.

Ram65

Legend
Very emotional moment.

Watching Jeff on the sidelines the weeks before he was fired I could feel and see that he knew it was nearing the end. Had high hopes for Jeff Fisher bringing a tough defense and a power run game to the Rams that could make the Rams a winner. Unfortunately, he could get the offense going,

Last edited:

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
8ea15b00719b7ade9f5b60f07da41d45_full.jpg_zpsauybr8hm.gif

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn't a fan of his when they hired him and it only got worse as (what I perceived to be) he lied over and over again.

The game had passed him by and he never adjusted. I just wish the experiment hadn't taken 5 years.

Hope he enjoys retirement... I'm guessing he has some loot "stashed" away. ;)

He'd probably make a good commentator.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw the video of Fish addressing the team with the same news and I mentioned it in a different post about the show. I have been very critical of his performance at HC for more than two years and I think it was absolutely the right decision to fire him. It was like a mercy-fire because he just had no clue how to create and operate a modern NFL offense. I have always liked the man and I know he did his best here, as he knew how to do it. Such as sad end for him and I hope he enjoys the next step in his life.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nice Get @Psycho_X thanks for posting...Very emotional I felt it and all of us did. It's too bad it did not work out as IMO they gave Fisher every opportunity to be successful. Now all we can do is hope for better times ahead under the new regime.

nighttrain

Legend
I wasn't a fan of his when they hired him and it only got worse as (what I perceived to be) he lied over and over again.

The game had passed him by and he never adjusted. I just wish the experiment hadn't taken 5 years.

Hope he enjoys retirement... I'm guessing he has some loot "stashed" away. ;)

He'd probably make a good commentator.
Felt a bit sorry for Fish right up til he said he couldn't wait to play the Rams, idiot
train

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Felt a bit sorry for Fish right up til he said he couldn't wait to play the Rams, idiot
train
Kinda the way he was... some might say cocky.

Like when he trotted out all the draft choices the Rams got when they had the coin flip against Washington.

I get the joke but I prefer my head coaches act with some respect and profesisonalism.

I could go on about the things he did that annoyed me... but, above all other annoyances, it was his record as HC!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Sucks anytime someone loses their job. Just went through something similar this year. My company was acquired and they cut our sales team in half. I was lucky but some of my good friends were not. Fortunately most of Fisher's guys have enough money to get them by. My friends got a package that may last them a month.

Hope they all land on their feet.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Sucks, I wanted to like Fisher, I wanted him to lead the Rams to a Superbowl victory. However, his stubbornness on the offensive side of the football was his biggest shortcoming. Year after year and coach after coach the offense was always the Achilles heal of this team.
A true leader is about compromise, not bringing in a "yes man" and he obviously wrap his head around that.

I hope to see Fisher back in the NFL sometime soon, guy has a ton of moxie, I just hope he's learned his lesson or his next job will be even shorter than his tenure with the Rams.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kind of made me feel bad for the guy but then I remembered the 35 million he was paid and the aggravation we fans had to endure for 5 years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel sorry for the guy who gets fired who barely makes ends meet for his family.
I have a hard time feeling sorry for a guy who has been HC for 20+ years. There's an incredibly long list of folks who never get that opportunity.

Frankly, I found myself a bit angry watching it, as it shows just how out of touch he is/was. The team was not good for the majority of his Rams career, and last year was just a disaster. The look of surprise just makes me shake my head.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Kind of made me feel bad for the guy but then I remembered the 35 million he was paid and the aggravation we fans had to endure for 5 years.
It's not only 35 mill. He's getting 7 mill this year. So that's 42 mill.

Plus, all the money he made with the Titans all those years. He's easily sitting on 60+ plus mill.

All the coaches from the Rams staff last year are still coaching in the NFL right now for other teams.

These guys aren't plumbers looking to find a job to pay rent. They'll be fine.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think things like this should remain behind closed doors, a moment for Fisher and his staff to share privately. Still that's the modern world film everything I guess.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Kinda the way he was... some might say cocky.

Like when he trotted out all the draft choices the Rams got when they had the coin flip against Washington.

I get the joke but I prefer my head coaches act with some respect and profesisonalism.

I could go on about the things he did that annoyed me... but, above all other annoyances, it was his record as HC!
You know you're arrogant when;You use bluster and cheap tricks to demonstrate your confidence and mastery
tenor.gif