Video analysis of Goff @New Orleans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't know the person doing the video had never seen any of his work before this but I saw this on reddit and thought it was a very fair assessment of his good and bad from the game.

Psycho_X

Legend
My god, what was Wichman doing at 3:13? That was about as bad of a play I've ever seen from an o-lineman. What was he going to do, spin around and sprint behind his center before the defender gets past him who has half the steps to make? If you think that's your first block that's fine but stay facing forward and hit someone don't do a 360 and act like a chicken with its head cut off chasing your man down the line. That was JV high school shit.

Edit: awesome video though, thanks for sharing. :)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
My god, what was Wichman doing at 3:13? That was about as bad of a play I've ever seen from an o-lineman. What was he going to do, spin around and sprint behind his center before the defender gets past him who has half the steps to make? If you think that's your first block that's fine but stay facing forward and hit someone don't do a 360 and act like a chicken with its head cut off chasing your man down the line. That was JV high school crap.

Edit: awesome video though, thanks for sharing. :)

That was awful, but again, I'm wondering if that is something in the play design ... which, for the OL, has been bad this year in both the running and passing game. Either that, or it's all on Wichman, but if guys are doing that, where the hell are the coaches to correct them?

Psycho_X

Legend
That was awful, but again, I'm wondering if that is something in the play design ... which, for the OL, has been bad this year in both the running and passing game. Either that, or it's all on Wichman, but if guys are doing that, where the hell are the coaches to correct them?

Man I hope that wasn't by design lol. Even if it was you never turn away from the defenders like that you slide with your feet or turn and run with your guy. Doing a 360 ensures he will block no one. Havenstein looked like he expected help on his inside after corralling the blitz outside. But you're right, the coaches better be screaming in his ear all week for it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That adjustment and throw to Tavon though... Leet. Absolutely effin LEET.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
That adjustment and throw to Tavon though... Leet. Absolutely effin LEET.

Very small window, especially with Tavon, and his ball placement was absolutely perfect. Right down to the nanometer level.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I like the kid, has a quick release, good footwork, and goes thru his progressions. I just worry about this coaching staff ruining the kid.

BTW our Oline is soooo F'ing bad. Outside of Havenstien they are downright awful.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Good analysis! Lets hope he has a successful week against Belicheat.

Ram65

Legend
Great video that shows its both physical and mental. Goff will keep learning and keep getting better. Let's hope the players around him do the same.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think this pretty much shows what we thought. He's going to have his struggles at times as a rookie. But some of those throws (like to Tavon) just awesome. I think long term we are looking at a gem fellas.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Nice Video. Really good analysis, I hope we see more of his work on Goff!
Loved what I saw in Goff, for just his second game.
IF he keeps improving at this rate, game to game, the Last 3 game against our division rivals will be Fun to watch!