(VIDEO) All of Stedman Bailey's Touches - 2013

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I guess I'll find out if this one sticks, as the first three I uploaded were immediately blocked. I'm starting to see where the problem lies, but that guarantees me nothing. If this one is here still when I wake up, then hopefully it's all figured out. If not, then this was the last one.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
great vid x

Have to admit, the blocking towards the end of the season was pretty damn impressive, roll on this season :)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i freakin love this guy. seemingly every time they threw the ball to him he was wide open. i was so looking forward to sam connecting with him this season. too bad he turned out to be a knucklehead. week 6 it will have to be and that's if fisher doesn't put him in the doghouse. we all saw what happened to pead in the other video.

btw, great choice of music xman in both these videos. it's refreshing to watch videos with good background music.

xander47

Rookie
Great video again X!

Is it just me or is the YAC a little underwhelming? Or is that just a product of Clemens at QB?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

i freakin love this guy. seemingly every time they threw the ball to him he was wide open. i was so looking forward to sam connecting with him this season. too bad he turned out to be a knucklehead. week 6 it will have to be and that's if fisher doesn't put him in the doghouse. we all saw what happened to pead in the other video.

Great video again X!

Is it just me or is the YAC a little underwhelming? Or is that just a product of Clemens at QB?

Have to agree with you both, i did find it worrying that he seemed to be in plenty of space for the catches, but his YAC seemed limited - will be nice to see him with Sam. Lets hope Coach Fisher doesn't throw away the dog house keys...

There's a play against the 49ers which isn't included in this video which was called back for offensive pass interference, I'd love to get an explanation as to why (12:47 in Q2).

I feel he can be really good if he wants to be, or he could continue to be an idiot and cost the team, it's up to him what he does with his talent.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This guy will eventually be our best WR. The dude always gets open, fights for the ball, and then seems to try to crawl by defenders for extra yards. Man, the suspension hurts...

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
He will be a very good WR. It just sucks he won't be here for the first four games.

FRO

Legend
Too bad he got suspended. He does a great job at getting open and has incredible hands. We needed him to be a solution at WR. His suspension hurts that badly.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I didn't realize it until I watched this, but he's really smart about getting open.

On one, he was in front of the defender on a pass thrown right to both of them. Nothing against Tavon, because he has a totally different skill set, but on that play he goes up, takes the hit and maybe drops the ball. Bailey actually runs away from the pass just enough, stretches out and catches it. The way he does it reminds me of watching a good goalie, who does all the little things right and makes the saves but never produces any highlight material.

The yards after the catch don't bother me because he's more concerned about coming down with the ball. Make that forward pass count and worry about what your feet can add later. Again, different skill set, but it's something that Rams really need. I'd be more worried about the YAC, but on most of those catches the yards were already gained in the route itself, and a lot of them well designed to get the defense to bite on the underneath stuff.

Love the play where he falls and then gets back up and runs for the first down. He's a possession receiver and we really need him. This suspension hurts.

lockdnram21

Legend
He will be a pretty good receiver but if he's our best we are in trouble. Quick,Britt, and Cook have to step up

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have to agree with you both, i did find it worrying that he seemed to be in plenty of space for the catches, but his YAC seemed limited - will be nice to see him with Sam. Lets hope Coach Fisher doesn't throw away the dog house keys...
Thanks man. I think the fact that most of his receptions come as a result of him settling into a soft spot in the zone is why his YAC is low. I didn't see too many man coverages with him as I was making that. Plus he played against some pretty stout defenses towards the end of the season there. Your point about the dog house is definitely concerning. Fisher has been known to keep dogs locked up for a while. Does anyone know what he actually did yet? Maybe Oprah can get to the bottom of it.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thanks man. I think the fact that most of his receptions come as a result of him settling into a soft spot in the zone is why his YAC is low. I didn't see too many man coverages with him as I was making that. Plus he played against some pretty stout defenses towards the end of the season there. Your point about the dog house is definitely concerning. Fisher has been known to keep dogs locked up for a while. Does anyone know what he actually did yet? Maybe Oprah can get to the bottom of it.

TBH as long as we keep moving down field to the end zone, I don't care if it's an 80 yard bomb or a series of 6 yarders that march us slowly towards a TD.

With regards to the doghouse, I assume Fisher knew about the ban pre-draft so he can't be too worried about it, they must have a master plan ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
TBH as long as we keep moving down field to the end zone, I don't care if it's an 80 yard bomb or a series of 6 yarders that march us slowly towards a TD.
You and me both. I do like to see bombs, but I think I like the idea of a rested defense better.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not to pile on Pead, but I see all of the things in Stedman that I WISH I saw in Pead. Bailey is just a damn good football player. He just "gets it" and it is obvios to see that in his play. He finds soft spots in the defense, he shields defenders when he has to, uses the stiff arm, never goes down easy, knows exactly when to turn north south, or when to setup defenders....I could go on and on. And the HANDS....he reminds me of Holt sooo much. So disappointed that we don't get him back til week 6. "sigh*

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
He will be a pretty good receiver but if he's our best we are in trouble. Quick,Britt, and Cook have to step up

Disagree. He will be a STUD and I would be fine with him as a #1 if he reaches his potential. I think he will. :cool:

A55VA6

Legend
I think Sted will be a career #2 WR. (Assuming we find a true #1 WR). He runs good routes, has good hands, fights for extra yards. I think he has a chance to be a great NFL player. Love this guy.

I love these vids. Thanks for putting the time in X it's good to see the touches from the up and coming players. Bailey made some really nice grabs. The one against Tampa was special and I'm not sure how he held onto the ball when he took that hit from the seahags player (couldn't see who made the hit). Thanks again dude.