(VIDEO) All of Isaiah Pead's Touches in 2013

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The music is kind of melancholy for a video like this but it befits what might end up being the sad tale of Isaiah Pead and what might have been.
haha. I know. I'm trying to find a soundtrack that I can lay on top of all of them that's kinda neutral. It's a works in progress for sure. Is the 'music' on the Stedman Bailey video better at all?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Great job as always X. Love your videos.

Man I want Pead to get his head on straight and contribute like I think he can. Hopefully this is the year the light comes on, because he could be such a perfect compliment to Stacy and Mason.
Thanks man. How's it going over there at SamTalk? :snicker:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
haha. I know. I'm trying to find a soundtrack that I can lay on top of all of them that's kinda neutral. It's a works in progress for sure. Is the 'music' on the Stedman Bailey video better at all?

It's not a matter of either one being better, in fact it wasn't a criticism at all. As a musician I'm very much tuned into music and how it affects me. The Stedman Bailey music starts out with what sounds like 'Tubular Bells' and then in comes a thumping Moog synth. Listen, anything is better than 90% of the highlights clips that have rap in it. Keep up the good work it's appreciated.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's not a matter of either one being better, in fact it wasn't a criticism at all. As a musician I'm very much tuned into music and how it affects me. The Stedman Bailey music starts out with what sounds like 'Tubular Bells' and then in comes a thumping Moog synth. Listen, anything is better than 90% of the highlights clips that have rap in it. Keep up the good work it's appreciated.
I agree ... some of the highlight videos out there have music that make me wanna hurl. I used to make highlight videos with appropriate music (not the 'documentaries' I'm doing now). I was always kind of fond of musical scores. The way they start out slow and set the mood, then crescendo before they ramp back down again ... that's my favorite. I tend to listen to music before I make highlight vids, and then envision the way the highlights would play out in accordance with the music. The hard part is finding clips that match what's going on in my head though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice post X, Pead looked a little better than I thought last year, but it was mainly in mop up work.. He was the best reciever out of the backfield as fare as the Rb's go,(Mainly screen plays tho).
But I saw nothing to support that he's a great pass blocker, or his great elusive abilities and speed...
I personally believe Drich is 100x better in the open field than Pead. From the video Drich looks faster, quicker, and more shifty on the open field. 1 thing I can say, is neither Pead or Drich have kno business running between the tackles, they don't have good vision, or any hole recognition...

I also prefer DRich. He looks much smoother and more natural as a pass catcher, first off, which is the real niche for either him or Pead in this offense now that they have added Mason. One of those two at least will be cut, clearly, maybe even both of them. Anyway, when it comes to vision running the ball, DRich is the guy I prefer as well, his problem is he has shown a propensity for injury and being slowed by being nicked up. When he is fresh and healthy he is surprising even between the tackles.

Where Pead has an advantage is special teams. Which is huge, btw. So if DRich is smart he will work diligently on teams this camp and make himself more valuable than Isaiah.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I agree ... some of the highlight videos out there have music that make me wanna hurl. I used to make highlight videos with appropriate music. I was always kind of fond of musical scores. The way they start out slow and set the mood, then crescendo before they ramp back down again ... that's my favorite. I tend to listen to music before I make highlight vids, and then envision the way the highlights would play out in accordance with the music. The hard part is finding clips that match what's going on in my head though.

Sounds like a whole lot of work. I write and record my own music and it's definitely a labor of love.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Nice job on the video X.
He seems to suffer from "pop Warner RB" syndrome....wants to bounce everything and ends up costing himself yards. This is not unusual for RB coming into the NFL. It has to be tough. All those moves that worked in college don't work anymore. Put your foot in the ground and go north and south.
As a side note....when was the last time any Ram lineman actually blocked someone on a screen? This should improve with Saffold and Robinson at G.

Yep those blocks by Chris Williams & Harvey Dahl in this tube were....were.....Pathetic.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
@Rotoworld_FB: Report: Rams tried to trade Pead during draft http://t.co/kxwgFC4XJU

Interesting given the thread.

Yeah I saw that I still had high hopes for pead but hearing this I really dont know what to think anymore. All I know now is the guy better bring it in traing camp or hes not gonna make this team.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Great job putting together this video X. The ROD takes care of our off-season needs.

Pead looks small out there. Got me thinking about Tre Mason... But Tre is 10 pounds heavier (197 vs. 208) so that should help. Our OL should also be better. Plus with Bradford back teams won't be able to focus so much on the run game...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@Rotoworld_FB: Report: Rams tried to trade Pead during draft http://t.co/kxwgFC4XJU

Interesting given the thread.
Man I hate Rotoworld...
Here's the source of their article. Bleacher Report. And here's the quote in the source:

• The Rams' drafting of Tre Mason created a crowd at running back and may have signaled the end of Isaiah Pead's time in St. Louis. With Zac Stacy and Daryl Richardson already on the roster, Pead, a second-round pick in 2012, was the subject of some trade talks during the draft.

Who was talking about trading him?

wrstdude

Rookie
Man I hate Rotoworld...
Here's the source of their article. Bleacher Report. And here's the quote in the source:

• The Rams' drafting of Tre Mason created a crowd at running back and may have signaled the end of Isaiah Pead's time in St. Louis. With Zac Stacy and Daryl Richardson already on the roster, Pead, a second-round pick in 2012, was the subject of some trade talks during the draft.

Who was talking about trading him?
So it's worse than speculation...awesome.
u9fVpSi.gif

BeerOClock

Rookie
The video clearly points out the reason why Pead doesn't play regularly in the NFL. One whole season, six minutes of Pead-specific tape, two broken tackles. For an NFL RB, that's simply not acceptable--especially on a Jeff Fisher-coached team. You can't go two plays of Zac Stacy running the ball without two or more broken tackles.

Any comparison to Marshall Faulk is ludicrous. Marshall Faulk ran like an NFL back--Pead doesn't.

Pead's great for those check-down, RB over the middle passes--did well in those (not as good as Faulk, though). In a typical Schottenheimer driven offense, that may be valuable enough to keep him on the roster. I'll take Zac Stacy and Tre Mason running the ball and, I'm willing to bet, so will Jeff Fisher.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
Outside the box thought on Pead, he lacks vision and power for a RB. He is way too fast and athletic to waste on the bench. If you get him in space he can make plays. I know he has small hands and no experience at WR, but why not give him a look as the slot WR? Allow him to get out in space and make plays. It's an outside the box thought. I'm board. I know it won't happen, but I feel like getting ripped by fellow posters any ways. Thoughts?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Outside the box thought on Pead, he lacks vision and power for a RB. He is way too fast and athletic to waste on the bench. If you get him in space he can make plays. I know he has small hands and no experience at WR, but why not give him a look as the slot WR? Allow him to get out in space and make plays. It's an outside the box thought. I'm board. I know it won't happen, but I feel like getting ripped by fellow posters any ways. Thoughts?

I think it's a good idea. The Patriots have had great success doing the same thing with Vereen. Tough to face I would think, because he's tough to bring down for a nickel. And it's probably the best way to get him involved and use his special talents. At least during the games Bailey is out. We need threats.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Pead from 2012. My question is why didn't the Rams run this fake end around play they did vs. the Seahawks in this clip more? (48 second mark)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The video clearly points out the reason why Pead doesn't play regularly in the NFL. One whole season, six minutes of Pead-specific tape, two broken tackles. For an NFL RB, that's simply not acceptable--especially on a Jeff Fisher-coached team. You can't go two plays of Zac Stacy running the ball without two or more broken tackles.

Any comparison to Marshall Faulk is ludicrous. Marshall Faulk ran like an NFL back--Pead doesn't.

Pead's great for those check-down, RB over the middle passes--did well in those (not as good as Faulk, though). In a typical Schottenheimer driven offense, that may be valuable enough to keep him on the roster. I'll take Zac Stacy and Tre Mason running the ball and, I'm willing to bet, so will Jeff Fisher.

I saw more than two. But it wasn't a lot. The thing that bothered me was how often he tripped.