(VIDEO) All of Isaiah Pead's Touches in 2013

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Thanks X he looks better than DR ,follows his blockers well,if he has any.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I just happen to like Pead always have. When I watch him run his hips legs feet remind me of Lawrence McCutcheon but McCutcheon had better top end speed. You will notice that most of these games where we saw Pead was when we were losing very bad. Pead was the Rams 3rd down back with the ability to pass block. He has excellent soft hands when catching the ball but will cough it up with brain farts.

I will disagree that the Mason pick is his replacement will not happen. Mason is not a third down back but a every down back. We all know he does not pass block and with Pead being the 3rd down back passing RB he can not be replaced by a RB who has no ideal what pass blocking from the back field is. Did Mason really only catch 12 passes last season?

I see our four top RB being #1-Stacy-#2-Mason-#3 Cunningham & #4-Pead with Watts on the PS.

Last edited:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
From that video I liked what I saw. I'm no talent evaluator, but I thought he should a good burst when he gets to the hole and I thought the vision was good. He seems to find the path of least resistance when he has some space in front of him. Obviously he won't be the guy banging it between the tackles on 1st and 2nd down, which is good for all parties; but as others have said he could shine on 3rd downs and passing plays.

I have nothing against the kid. I think he wants to succeed and clearly they want to put the ball in his hands, hence the time on KR. I still might like D-Rich more than Pead, but I'm guessing it's a lot closer in the coaching staff's eyes.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Nice post X, Pead looked a little better than I thought last year, but it was mainly in mop up work.. He was the best reciever out of the backfield as fare as the Rb's go,(Mainly screen plays tho).
But I saw nothing to support that he's a great pass blocker, or his great elusive abilities and speed...
I personally believe Drich is 100x better in the open field than Pead. From the video Drich looks faster, quicker, and more shifty on the open field. 1 thing I can say, is neither Pead or Drich have kno business running between the tackles, they don't have good vision, or any hole recognition...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
You can kind of tell that when he tries to juke and dance that sometimes his mind and body aren't on the same page. Not sure if things will ever slow down for him completely. Such a shame.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Great job X.
Though it won't happen with the Rams, I wish Pead could have gotten 250 carries in a season just to see if he could get the hang of it. But a lot of that's on Pead. I can see what Snead saw in him.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I think I am the only one that cringed a lot when watching the video. He has horrible vision, and so indecisive on his cuts with one and one situations. If he just cuts once and just go forward he'll probably gain more yardage.

V3

Hall of Fame
I think I am the only one that cringed a lot when watching the video. He has horrible vision, and so indecisive on his cuts with one and one situations. If he just cuts once and just go forward he'll probably gain more yardage.

You're not alone.

RustyRay

Rookie
He reminds me of a back who is thinking and over thinking what to do and has zero confidence. He is quick and fast...a couple times it looked like he was about to hit it big and ended up stumbling or getting tripped or tackled by one guy he couldnt make miss because he couldnt decide what to do.

Its a shame...I think he is trying to hard, if that makes sense.

RAM$

UDFA
Food for thought, In the whole video Pead never gets helped up or shown any love except from Spoon on 1 of the returns. I remember Pead saying missing camp due to Cincy hampered him bonding with his teammates.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
.......But I saw nothing to support that he's a great pass blocker,.....

These selections were just from when Pead touched the ball. Maybe X has in his storage file the selection of just his attempts @ pass blocking in the back field for you.

Did you read somewhere above where a member posted & describe Pead as a "great pass blocker" ? or was that somewhere else. SJ#39 was a great RB pass blocker. It is generally believed that Pead is the best Ram RB with pass blocking abilities we have @ this time. Hopefully the younger RB's will exceed Pead in this area...sure would be nice.

fearsomefour

Legend
Nice job on the video X.
He seems to suffer from "pop Warner RB" syndrome....wants to bounce everything and ends up costing himself yards. This is not unusual for RB coming into the NFL. It has to be tough. All those moves that worked in college don't work anymore. Put your foot in the ground and go north and south.
As a side note....when was the last time any Ram lineman actually blocked someone on a screen? This should improve with Saffold and Robinson at G.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These selections were just from when Pead touched the ball. Maybe X has in his storage file the selection of just his attempts @ pass blocking in the back field for you.
I'd love to do that, because I agree that he's a very good pass blocker, but that would entail watching every snap of every game he was active to find where he actually had to perform those duties. It's quicker (obviously) for me to just use the search function in NFL Rewind to find where he's involved in a play. But maybe I'll look into that down the road. I want to make sure he makes the team first.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The music is kind of melancholy for a video like this but it befits what might end up being the sad tale of Isaiah Pead and what might have been.

STLINI

UDFA
Great job as always X. Love your videos.

Man I want Pead to get his head on straight and contribute like I think he can. Hopefully this is the year the light comes on, because he could be such a perfect compliment to Stacy and Mason.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This dude screams THIRD DOWN BACK ONLY!!! Never liked the pick...still don't. He does not appear to do any one thing all that well IMO. He can catch, but does not appear to have the ability to make anyone miss. He also just does not seem to have the vision through the line that Stacy and Cunnningham do. It is going to be tough to make the roster as a ST guy who just happens to be the "best pass blocking rb" on the roster. I would expect Mason to beat him out for both duties, and more. Just my thoughts. Also, is it strange that almost ALL of his offensive plays in that clip came when the team was already up or down by 17+ points??

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The only time I smiled in that vid was seeing the 27-9 score against the Saints.