(VIDEO) All of Isaiah Pead's Touches in 2013

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not sure how long this will stay up, but I've taken every measure to unbrand it. Muted the commentary and laid over some generic music, cut out all logos between plays, dropped overlays over the logo and scrolling scoreboard...

Not much else I can do.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
God, this kid should turn into a poor man's Marshall Faulk. He has the same abilities, and could be deadly out of the backfield.

Get your head on straight Isaiah!

RustyRay

Rookie
Wish he could have kept his head straight off the field so he could have gotten a real chance on it. He is a physically gifted back. I think he may have run out of chances with Mason on board. Who knows he started to make some plays on ST's last season so he has the edge there over Richardson.

jap

Legend
Wish he could have kept his head straight off the field so he could have gotten a real chance on it. He is a physically gifted back. I think he may have run out of chances with Mason on board. Who knows he started to make some plays on ST's last season so he has the edge there over Richardson.

Isaiah is still the best pass blocker and receiver on our RB unit. He is still the best choice for 3rd down duties.

xander47

Rookie
Love how you choose the most polarizing player first with your highlights video, X. Great job!

Gotta say he's got great hands. Horrible vision but great hands

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love how you choose the most polarizing player first with your highlights video, X. Great job!

Gotta say he's got great hands. Horrible let vision but great hands
lol. I'm just starting with the guy who had the fewest touches to see if it's gonna be worth my time again.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Thanks, X. For a guy with no size or power, he doesn't mover laterally very well. He primarily a north and south runner. No wonder he struggled. He's like the opposite of Rich from where his most successful carries lie. In other words, he doesn't have much "wiggle" to elude defenders. I don't like him. Add in poor vision and it only gets worse. I'm glad we got Mason.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah his vision out of the backfield is not good. Also his lack of game breaking gear set him and Marshall apart but I do agree his ceiling is a Poor Man's Faulk.

It irks me that they busted on that pick, so hopefully he'll turn it on this camp. But I think he's run out of rope, we'll see.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very cool X...hope you get a chance to do more players

SierraRam

Recreational User
We've drafted his replacement to do what he could not - Last chance for Pead. Will he make it?

images

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, X. For a guy with no size or power, he doesn't mover laterally very well. He primarily a north and south runner. No wonder he struggled. He's like the opposite of Rich from where his most successful carries lie. In other words, he doesn't have much "wiggle" to elude defenders. I don't like him. Add in poor vision and it only gets worse. I'm glad we got Mason.
I don't know that I agree on his lateral movement or elusiveness. I think those are some of his strengths. Maybe we just have different definitions. I don't like trying to plow him through the teeth of a defense because it seems to me he's way better in the open field. If he ever gains back the form I saw when he was in Cincy, he could easily end up replacing Richardson as the change of pace back. But yeah, with Mason on board, his chances are quickly diminishing.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't know that I agree on his lateral movement or elusiveness. I think those are some of his strengths. Maybe we just have different definitions. I don't like trying to plow him through the teeth of a defense because it seems to me he's way better in the open field. If he ever gains back the form I saw when he was in Cincy, he could easily end up replacing Richardson as the change of pace back. But yeah, with Mason on board, his chances are quickly diminishing.

The guy from Cincy and the guy we drafted are like two completely different players. There is always that chance the game hasn't slowed down for him, yet, and he's just a bit hesitant out there. It's not like we've gave him a ton of touches, far from it.

I must say his tape actually looked a somewhat better than I remember. Our G's sucked as bad as I remember, too. I remember we were all noticing how much ground the interior was giving up last year. Boy, Snisher really put an emphasis on that, didn't they?

It was hard to tell last year if our WR's were really bad or the line sucked. Early on it was a mix of both. I think it's getting ironed out.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

wow, i thought that was gonna be a one minute video.

gee he looked a little clumsy early in the season with the ball in his hands. i hoped he would work his way out of it after the cowboys game but then it was the zac stacy show. didn't see him touch the ball again until the bears game. i wonder what happened for him to go to the dog house after they used him so much in the cowboys game, even though it was only until they were 17-0 down. i admit he looked better later in the season.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

He seems to want to bulldoze guys out of the way... it's never going to happen - he should jink, sidestep or spin away from defenders not run into them - he seems to look for contact instead of looking for space - but that's just my opinion...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

When he jukes he gets stymied. His jukes aren't crisp and he doesn't explode out of the cuts, so they don't fool the defenders. His best runs/catches were the ones where he just relied on his speed. Maybe he thinks too much? Or maybe he doesn't have the synapse to move the way his brain is telling him?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Every time I saw Isaiah Pead touch the ball, my heart sank. I just hope one day I'm able to be excited that he's touching the ball, instead of sickened. Doesn't seem like there's a good chance of that happening, though.

lockdnram21

Legend
Not sure how long this will stay up, but I've taken every measure to unbrand it. Muted the commentary and laid over some generic music, cut out all logos between plays, dropped overlays over the logo and scrolling scoreboard...

Not much else I can do.

Can you make one of Quick