(VIDEO) All of Brian Quick's Touches - 2013

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I left out the bullet to the back of the helmet and the dropped TD, even though those were technically 'touches.'

V3

Hall of Fame
Seems more like a highlight film than showing what he did. I know it would take a lot more time to do that but if you want to present an unbiased showcase, the bad should be shown with the good. Please don't take this as a complaint, X. You don't have to makes these at all. I appreciate them. Just making an observation.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seems more like a highlight film than showing what he did. I know it would take a lot more time to do that but if you want to present an unbiased showcase, the bad should be shown with the good. Please don't take this as a complaint, X. You don't have to makes these at all. I appreciate them. Just making an observation.
I understand your point. Fear not. As the offseason progresses, check for a video entitled "All the drops."

ED_29

I left out the bullet to the back of the helmet and the dropped TD, even though those were technically 'touches.'

He looks the part.... This is the #1 WR so many of us crave. I hope he becomes our Vincent Jackson. Year 3.... Time for him to step up mentally. If he can do that man o' man look out. He is the reason they didn't draft Watkins. Time for BQ to prove Snisher right

Last edited by a moderator:

V3

Hall of Fame
I understand your point. Fear not. As the offseason progresses, check for a video entitled "All the drops."

Haha, I'm actually not relishing seeing his drops. I'm actually more interested in his route running or the plays where he didn't necessarily "touch" the ball. I keep hearing how great he looked and how he was open a lot but the QB's never threw him the ball. Also, from what I saw in this video, it looked like his routes were VERY basic. Perhaps they got more complex as the season progressed?

Just looking for something to either serve as hope or serve as a reference for what he did or didn't do last year. But again, it's neither expected nor deserved from my viewpoint. I guess that's why you're "The Dude".

ED_29

I see no reason for him to not be a monster this year.

Does he have it mentally? Can he play angry and put all of that size and athleticism to use? Will he mentally be ready understanding the playbook and able to read coverages? I'm rooting for him.... If he does those things we will be in business.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Haha, I'm actually not relishing seeing his drops. I'm actually more interested in his route running or the plays where he didn't necessarily "touch" the ball. I keep hearing how great he looked and how he was open a lot but the QB's never threw him the ball. Also, from what I saw in this video, it looked like his routes were VERY basic. Perhaps they got more complex as the season progressed?

Just looking for something to either serve as hope or serve as a reference for what he did or didn't do last year. But again, it's neither expected nor deserved from my viewpoint. I guess that's why you're "The Dude".
I can maybe go through the coaches film and see if there are many instances of him being free, but that's just so subjective. You never know what the QB's line of sight is, or if pressure didn't allow the QB to go through the progressions, or even if he was just a decoy on the play. He's definitely a works in progress. Needs some polish because he tends to round off his routes still. But there's no denying that if he puts it all together, like @ED_29 said, mentally and physically, then fuhgedaboudit.

EDIT: And the drops video won't just be of him alone. I mean ALL the drops.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Expect a lot more of this during the season. I'm guessing the coaches do. I think he is going to surprise a lot of people who don't think much of him right now.

V3

Hall of Fame
I can maybe go through the coaches film and see if there are many instances of him being free, but that's just so subjective. You never know what the QB's line of sight is, or if pressure didn't allow the QB to go through the progressions, or even if he was just a decoy on the play. He's definitely a works in progress. Needs some polish because he tends to round off his routes still. But there's no denying that if he puts it all together, like @ED_29 said, mentally and physically, then fuhgedaboudit.

EDIT: And the drops video won't just be of him alone. I mean ALL the drops.

I hear ya. Where do you even get coaches film? Is that from that All-22 service from the NFL?

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I enjoy these videos a lot X. Thanks for working on em. I'm not sure how much time you have on your hands but it would be cool to see a Jared Cook video or one for any of the TEs. Keep up the awesome work!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I enjoy these videos a lot X. Thanks for working on em. I'm not sure how much time you have on your hands but it would be cool to see a Jared Cook video or one for any of the TEs. Keep up the awesome work!
Thanks Nick. I'm trying to figure out who to do next. I was leaning towards Pettis.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
X - you really are spoiling us with all these vids - I love that first catch against the Cardinals (0:05) and the one at around 4:05 against the Panthers - I see what the FO see now, this guy HAS got the potential, maybe at a different school he would have been up to speed quicker than he has, lets hope he's been a slow burner and will earn his cash this year???

CoachO

Hall of Fame

Well, if you are gonna ask for the "bad, then for a total picture of his season, you would need to also include the number of routes where he was running open and Clemens never even looked at him, much less targeted him with the ball.

The "deep dig" he ran in the Carolina game, where he was behind the LBs and in front of the Safeties, when Bradford hit him on the crossing route is the very route he excels at. Yet, whenever he ran it after week 6, the ball was never thrown, even though he more often than not, was open.

At some point, people need to see things that aren't just about the STATS, and touches. All he can do is run the route that is called. Its not on him if the BACKUP QB knows he cannot make that throw.

This is not a request for X to show every snap, just pointing something out that rarely gets noticed, by the "ball watchers" and stat mongers.