Vetting Potential Trade Partners: Falcons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramifications

I would prefer to be @ #4 that's it. Moving down to #8 is just too far to go down IMO. It would cost the Vikings much to get us to move down 6 spots. All the Browns give up is the pick they got for a slow non effective RB Richardson and their #4 pick not a bad trade for them.

1-Houston-DE
2-Vikings-QB (trade)
3-Jax- QB
4-Cleveland QB
5-Oakland-WR Watkins
6-Atlanta OT
7-Tampa Bay-OT or Barr
#8- StLouis likely miss out on both OT's & WR leaving us looking @ two LB'ers or CB Dennard as the best prospects. I am not happy with this.

Good post (I agree with #15 above, too, about ATL).

I'll be disappointed if we don't get Robinson, Watkins or Matthews, which probably means we can't go too much lower than CLE or OAK (or ATL, if they surprise and have to get Clowney, if HOU or a team that trades into the #1 spot takes QB).

laramsoriginal

Starter
I don't see the browns sending their 2 first round picks to the rams. They have a lot of needs. I see the rams making a deal with the Vikings or even Detroit for a cheap price. Not many teams are willing to give up a whole lot when this draft class lacks a clear cut #1 prospect with no baggage.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't see the browns sending their 2 first round picks to the rams. They have a lot of needs. I see the rams making a deal with the Vikings or even Detroit for a cheap price. Not many teams are willing to give up a whole lot when this draft class lacks a clear cut #1 prospect with no baggage.

Like I said its going to take some great offers from the Vikings to get our first #2 pick. That would be somewhere in the area of @ least two firsts (2014 & 2015) & a second (#40 2014) & more ...I just do not see where the Vikings will do that.

The Browns need a QB period. Yes they have big needs but still no QB. They can stay put and take the third top QB if they are fine with that then they will stay. But to be right there close to get their pick of the QB's & pass on that opportunity & then have to take the final left over third QB....just to feel good about the ability to keep the 26th pick? Yep does sound like normal Browns decisions to me.

Rams deal #2 for a #8 or #10 cheaply?? Why Snead is smarter than that. There are some very talented prospects that could be there after the Texans do their thing.....could be a DE Clowney, few OT's Robinson & Matthews & a very hot WR Watkins all there for the pickings @ #2 ...Not sure what would be there @ #10. Those named four are very good prospects. Detroit would have to really have to show me something other than a #10 first rounder I mean much much more.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That would be a good start Les!!

Nice to see you.....

I would like the Browns 4 in the first round and their second rounder this draft, and their first next year. Mebbe a third this year tossed in too so that Snead has some chips to move back into the second for another pick.

I'm not greedy hahahaha........I like the fearlessness Snead brings now that the draft is different in this new CBA era.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ok what happens when the Browns find out that the Vikings are moving up to take a QB ? So now the Browns instead of having the opportunity to take the second QB after the Jags takes Bridgewater now the Vikings have the chance to take the QB in front of them that the Browns want.

I'm fine with a last minuite bidding war lol.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I just wanted to add that all the QBs's stock could rise considerably after their work outs and interviews. Other teams have a lot of time to dream about their new golden boy.

fearsomefour

Legend
Terrible might be harsh. He was close to a 90% QBR which was about average, which was better than Brady, Luck and Stafford (88.8 same as Dalton, within a few points of Ryan and Bradford in a career high). He had a 24-13 TD-INT ratio. We should factor in his rushing prowess, where he has 2,000 yards and 28 TDs since 2011.

They have spent a lot of money on RBs, and DeAngelo Williams is talented, but Stewart IMO is their best RB, and he can't get on the field. Steve Smith is great, but isn't in his prime any more. Olsen is a good TE, but not Graham or Gronk. CAR is a team that can't seem to find a WR2 opposite Smith (and when he retires, they need a WR1). QBs aren't always the only reason a team loses. He was terrible in the playoff game against SF.

Yeah terrible is probably harsh. His stats were better this year than I realized. 211 yards per game is not really impressive, 1.5 TD game is certianly solid. He was asked to not lose games, which makes sense with their D, he didnt turn it over much, so, mission accomplished I guess. But he is not a terribly accurate passer on intermediate routes, that showed up vs. SF.

laramsoriginal

Starter
I hope the browns trade with the rams giving up their 2 number 1's anf next years 2nd round pick.

Rams would then select 4, 13, 26 which probably means OT, CB, S. Then going with best available OG in the second. That would be freaking awesome.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I hope the browns trade with the rams giving up their 2 number 1's anf next years 2nd round pick.

Rams would then select 4, 13, 26 which probably means OT, CB, S. Then going with best available OG in the second. That would be freaking awesome.

If I had 4-13-26 picks I would first replace Saffold with Matthews @ #4. JM could begin @ OLT in TC & pre season and could work @ that post until Jake Long is 100% then take up the very important Swing OT role & also compete @ both the OG posts but his main focus is to be ready to fill in for Jake Long if needed & to replace Barksdale when he departs for UFA in 2015. The Rams would finally have one of the better set of OT's on the edge.

At #13 I would look to fill the vacant OLG starting post so I would select tough durable left side guy named Zack Martin to finally resolve this open wound that has been ongoing since Tom Nutten retired about a decade ago. Zack Martin will replace departed UFA's Chris Williams & Shelley Smith.

With the #26 pick I would select 6-5 316 pound OG/OT David Yankey he is a clone of Roger Saffold & the best pulling OG in the draft. David Yankey will replace Harvey Dahl spot on the roster.

Sam Bradford will finally have an OL that will protect him and also solidify the power running game for young RB's Stacy & Cunningham.

So the Rams will have to replace Five OL'ers in 2014 Chris Williams, Shelley Smith, Harvey Dahl, Scott Wells & Rodger Saffold. In order to do that you must have talented skilled prospects brought in here.....Matthews-Martin & Yankey should be able to fill the above five spots at a much less cap friendly price.

laramsoriginal

Starter
If I had 4-13-26 picks I would first replace Saffold with Matthews @ #4. JM could begin @ OLT in TC & pre season and could work @ that post until Jake Long is 100% then take up the very important Swing OT role & also compete @ both the OG posts but his main focus is to be ready to fill in for Jake Long if needed & to replace Barksdale when he departs for UFA in 2015. The Rams would finally have one of the better set of OT's on the edge.

At #13 I would look to fill the vacant OLG starting post so I would select tough durable left side guy named Zack Martin to finally resolve this open wound that has been ongoing since Tom Nutten retired about a decade ago. Zack Martin will replace departed UFA's Chris Williams & Shelley Smith.

With the #26 pick I would select 6-5 316 pound OG/OT David Yankey he is a clone of Roger Saffold & the best pulling OG in the draft. David Yankey will replace Harvey Dahl spot on the roster.

Sam Bradford will finally have an OL that will protect him and also solidify the power running game for young RB's Stacy & Cunningham.

So the Rams will have to replace Five OL'ers in 2014 Chris Williams, Shelley Smith, Harvey Dahl, Scott Wells & Rodger Saffold. In order to do that you must have talented skilled prospects brought in here.....Matthews-Martin & Yankey should be able to fill the above five spots at a much less cap friendly price.

The idea of adding great size along withtop tier OL makes me eexcited.

Zach Martin is the ideal candidate for the rams. Martin can start out at LT (he has plenty of experience) while Long recovers the slide over to LG and start. I believe Martin will be a pretty damn good NFL OL.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

could you imagine bradford with adp, jennings, patterson, rudolph and that line? vikings would be a great chance for the playoffs.

it would crush me though. just give him a line and sam can take the rams where they need to go.