Veteran QB options

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
No way that Raiders give up on Carr no matter who takes over. He's the best performing rookie QB this year. Raiders problems are not on him (thought he laid an egg today).

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I think Schottenhiemer will be back. I would look to replace him, but I think he runs the type of offense Fisher wants.
And I just don't think Fisher and the Rams share the same opinion of Schotty that most of the online fandom seems to. Which isn't to say that Fisher isn't the one who's wrong, but he is the one who gets to make the decision.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No way that Raiders give up on Carr no matter who takes over. He's the best performing rookie QB this year. Raiders problems are not on him (thought he laid an egg today).
I think they will have a entire new brain trust. They can get the highly touted Mariota and flip Carr for a pick to fill some of their many holes.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think they will have a entire new brain trust. They can get the highly touted Mariota and flip Carr for a pick to fill some of their many holes.

True, but I don't think they will do that. They took their lumps with a rookie QB who has some upside they need to focus on making the rest of the team better. However, if they truly feel Mariota is the next great QB they could do this I would be shocked if they did.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And I just don't think Fisher and the Rams share the same opinion of Schotty that most of the online fandom seems to. Which isn't to say that Fisher isn't the one who's wrong, but he is the one who gets to make the decision.

Again Jeff Fisher's greatest strength is his biggest weakness....Loyalty!

FRO

Legend
True, but I don't think they will do that. They took their lumps with a rookie QB who has some upside they need to focus on making the rest of the team better. However, if they truly feel Mariota is the next great QB they could do this I would be shocked if they did.
Not saying it will happen. Glennon had a very good rookie year last year and the Tampa coaches signed a journeyman to be their starter. Each coach/GM wants their guy at QB.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
After looking it over
If I was forced to take one. Yates or Jackson, though I prefer McCoy.
Bradford and Hill to come back.
I'm looking a the 3rd QB. The main thing is ball security. Those do it as well as any on the list IMO.
If the Rams had better ball security this year they would be ahead of the seahags.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Yeah, and hearing some talk from Greg Cosell and others, Mariota has got some real issues (accuracy, etc...) in his game that aren't being challenged at the college level. It actually sounds like it's a crap year for QBs which sucks for us.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not saying it will happen. Glennon had a very good rookie year last year and the Tampa coaches signed a journeyman to be their starter. Each coach/GM wants their guy at QB.

No doubt about it and Oakland could hire someone with an Oregon affiliation.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah, and hearing some talk from Greg Cosell and others, Mariota has got some real issues (accuracy, etc...) in his game that aren't being challenged at the college level. It actually sounds like it's a crap year for QBs which sucks for us.

We'll be okay WC...It's time for all of us to get religious and pray for Bradford's knee.

FRO

Legend
Again Jeff Fisher's greatest strength is his biggest weakness....Loyalty!
Yeah, but he has made moves at DC. Fisher wants a ball control power run system. That's what Schottenhiemer employs. They will contend Schottenhiemer has had a poor line and receivers during most of his tenure, which is true. He also hasn't had his starting QB for 25 of 48 games. So you could argue the guy has been very short handed.

FRO

Legend
It is. It's important to not force a pick. We didn't need Donald, but he was highly talented and now we have one of the best DTs in the league because we picked player over need. We need a QB but there won't be one worth taking unless Winston falls to us.

FRO

Legend
No way does Snyder get fleeced by the Rams and then trade his mistake to the Rams for much less.
He would never, ever, live that down.
Yeah too much ego to do that. I think RGIII gets one more shot.

WestCoastRam

Legend
We'll be okay WC...It's time for all of us to get religious and pray for Bradford's knee.

I've always been a Bradford fan (though I admit he's got "tentative passer syndrome") - wouldn't it be something else if when we've all given up on him - he delivers?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Haven't gone back to read thread yet - anyone come up with anything better than Bradford?

WestCoastRam

Legend
It is. It's important to not force a pick. We didn't need Donald, but he was highly talented and now we have one of the best DTs in the league because we picked player over need. We need a QB but there won't be one worth taking unless Winston falls to us.

Well, with Winston's off field issues, he might just be there late in the 1st round. He scares me with those but he scares me to death when you combine his on-field decision making (which I think gets hidden pretty well in the FSU offense). I do not want.

FRO

Legend
Haven't gone back to read thread yet - anyone come up with anything better than Bradford?
Outside of trading everything we have for the foreseeable future to get Mariota or Winston, who Bradford may be better than if he could just stay healthy, then no. Winston may fall to us if his off field stuff scares people, heck he may go back to school. He loves playing baseball. Bradford looks to be our best/only starting option.

Maybe Eli Manning if released? He sucked recently though.