Veteran FA Combine!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know the Veteran FA Combine is supposed to take place this week-end, but does anyone know when, were, and if it will be televised!?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am pretty sure that NFL Network is going to have it on. I think it is another ploy to generate fan interest. The pro personnel people know who is out there and how they have played. I think this combine is a bit useless.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tell that to players trying to get back in the NFL.
Players build relationships with teams,once released they go into the
Wood pile.
I'm sure there are guys that don't want to give up on there dream,& continue to
Get there chance(opportunity )

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it will prove useful, seeing them together, working out against one and other!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I am pretty sure that NFL Network is going to have it on. I think it is another ploy to generate fan interest. The pro personnel people know who is out there and how they have played. I think this combine is a bit useless.

I agree, thought the same thing...Teams already have a large enough sample size to know whether or not they want to try for a guy without getting some probably worthless #s from the "combine"...I think it's kind of joke...

SierraRam

Recreational User

Agree - these guys have game film to view and you can't get a better read than that! Maybe teams can use this to assess injury concerns, but you're right - it's about ratings...

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Idk I tend to think it has its uses. Mainly for people who have been out of the league. Just to gauge whether or not they are in shape or can still throw etc. And not all of these guys have even played extensively in the NFL so the game tape might not be there. Greg Reid found his way to our team after a regional combine. So it definitely provides an opportunity, especially to "vets" that haven't had as many.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Agree - these guys have game film to view and you can't get a better read than that! Maybe teams can use this to assess injury concerns, but you're right - it's about ratings...
They once said the arena football league was useless and devoid of talent....I think there may be quite a few diamonds in the rough who just need a shot. Reid & Sam are two guys with talented we let go due to our depth. I think both can and will make a roster this year.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
The Vet Combine is designed to cut the cost for teams. You get most of the unemployed vets in one place at one time. This is a lot cheaper than paying vets to come in for individual workouts; particularly if most of the vets best hope is to be on an emergency list in case of injury.

SierraRam

Recreational User
a few diamonds in the rough

I can certainly think of one Arena League 'Diamond'
images

paceram

Pro Bowler
Are there any offensive linemen worth paying attention to participating in this event? Long shots I know but the way things are going at OL for the Rams right now they may need a long shot or two.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Did anyone watch this? From the little I gather, it was a huge waste of time. Nobody really doing anything to increase their chances.

Slappy967

Starter
I'm gonna be honest when i say i think we should bring Michael Sam back to training camp this year. I feel like that guy can be successful in this league and would push Westbrooks to be better or get out of the way.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm gonna be honest when i say i think we should bring Michael Sam back to training camp this year. I feel like that guy can be successful in this league and would push Westbrooks to be better or get out of the way.

I'd be cool with that. Insurance is always good. And if he doesn't make the cut, he doesn't make it.