Vernon Gholston?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Do you think he will get much playing time tonight and do you think he has any chance of making the Rams final roster?;

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
paceram said:
Do you think he will get much playing time tonight and do you think he has any chance of making the Rams final roster?;
I expect him to get plenty of time. He was signed because they needed the extra body out there. As far as making the roster? Your guess is as good as mine, brother. He definitely needs to be firing on all cylinders and giving 100% on each and every play for him to have a chance.

A sack or something probably wouldn't hurt much either, yeah? :lol:

PhxRam

I am going to go out on a limb and predict he not only makes the team, but becomes a beast.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
PhxRam said:
If Leonard Little could do it, why not Gholston?

Little was a 3rd round pick that developed. Gholston was a top 10 pick that didn't do anything except 45 tackles on STs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Little was also drafted as a linebacker. I guess if he can make the transition to DE from OLB, then Gholston could *conceivably* make the switch from 3-4 DE to 4-3 DE. It all boils down to what's in this dude's heart. Does he even really care about realizing his own potential? Who the hell knows.

PhxRam

X said:
Little was also drafted as a linebacker. I guess if he can make the transition to DE from OLB, then Gholston could *conceivably* make the switch from 3-4 DE to 4-3 DE. It all boils down to what's in this dude's heart. Does he even really care about realizing his own potential? Who the hell knows.

Thats pretty much where I was going with the Little comparisons. I am not sure we would even know who Little was until he made the switch to DE.

PhxRam

Angry Ram said:
PhxRam said:
If Leonard Little could do it, why not Gholston?

Little was a 3rd round pick that developed. Gholston was a top 10 pick that didn't do anything except 45 tackles on STs.

Developed? Certainly not in the position he was drafted as. He learned a few speed rush moves and the rest is history.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:

Well, I don't KNOW enough about "Vern" to make any prediction just wanting to add THAt, he was drafted very high and went to a city that probably expected him to be the second coming of Lawrence Taylor.
You need a very thick skin and some self discipline to make it there .
While his numbers there are alarming,it IS the franchise that hired Rex Ryan, where one year you are "Mangenious" the next you are an idiot.
I was with Marshall and wanted Gholston back in the day, I hope he makes it here, Gil Brandt said he wouldn't, dunno :huh:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
PhxRam said:
I am going to go out on a limb and predict he not only makes the team, but becomes a beast.

Oh lawd hahaha. :roll: :cheese:

I do look forward to seeing him play tonight. I hope he does become a beast. I'm not going out on a limb though brotha. :tooth: