Vernon Davis, Broncos, Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Now that the Broncos gave up....not much....for a player one could easily forget is still playing in Vernon Davis I want the Rams to send a pick to Denver for Virgil Green.
Got to see this kid play in college and he would be an upgrade over Cook at a much cheaper price.
MAKE THIS DEAL NOW PLEASE.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Now that the Broncos gave up....not much....for a player one could easily forget is still playing in Vernon Davis I want the Rams to send a pick to Denver for Virgil Green.
Got to see this kid play in college and he would be an upgrade over Cook at a much cheaper price.
MAKE THIS DEAL NOW PLEASE.

I'll roll with Cook. I know that's not a popular decision, but the guy has a ton of time to redeem himself. He made strides last week.

IDK if this has been mentioned, but watch his ball security on his big catch and run. He was holding the ball so high and tight that it affected him running full speed. Cook scores if he just runs all out on that play. There is no question about it. But no, he sacrificed those last four yards to ensure the possession because he trusted his offense and listened to his coaches. It was a very unselfish play that he doesn't get credit for.

Clearly there is a decision to be made at the end of the year, but he is a big part of the offense. I'm sure he'll have some huge plays down the stretch. He is a big mismatch wherever he lines up.

DenverRam

Starter
Elway said something about using Virgil and VD together in a double TE set, with DT and Sanders on the outside. Dont think they will trade him.

DenverRam

Starter
THey do have Arthur Lynch though, an unproven blocking te. That blocked for Gurley at Georgia. I would take him !

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wanted Green this off season.
Big supporter of this guy. My desire to add him is separate from whatever decision would be made about Cook after this year. He salary is much less which would probably factor in at that time, that is the only reason I bring it up. Green is a TE while I don't consider Cook a real TE.
Cook finally playing like he is aware of what is around does not impress me.
But, I am not bashing Cook. I don't think a bad game with some drops or a good game with some nice plays (like Sunday) should determine his worth to the team.
I would not trade for Green to replace Cook right away. It seems to me he would be a good fit for the O and a chance to improve the talent at the position for a relatively cheap price, if Denver is even interested in moving on from Green.
Just a thought.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Elway said something about using Virgil and VD together in a double TE set, with DT and Sanders on the outside. Dont think they will trade him.
I wondered about this actually.
Daniels seems sort of shot to me. Green has a lot of potential.

Ram Pat

Rookie
Green from my area,(Tulare), great h.s. and college player ( good guy too ) Is developing into solid pro

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There's Ladarius Green in San Diego. Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen as well. I'd sign one of them if they were available on the market.