Venturi on if Schottenheimer would have the chops to work with Johnny Football 05-02-2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I haven't seen this posted, but if it has been my humblest apologies. I liked what Venturi said a bit into the interview, and would bode well for any draft talk anywhere. He stated to the effect, "Don't believe anything you hear 2 weeks prior to the draft." A long but a pretty good listen, with talk on many picks.

A55VA6

Legend
I think Manziel needs a team that has a good run game so he doesn't have to throw a ton a game. It opens up play action, rollouts, and a more comfortable situation than throwing 30 or 40 passes and trying to beat teams through the air. I'm not sure Manziel would be successful throwing that many times a game. I feel the same about Russell Wilson.

It really should be interesting to see where Manziel goes and how that team uses him.

Memphis Ram

Legend
The idea of the Rams using an interest in Manziel as a smokescreen to get teams to move up for him doesn't make sense to me. Not unless the plan is for team trade up to #1 so that Clowney would fall into their laps.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The idea of the Rams using an interest in Manziel as a smokescreen to get teams to move up for him doesn't make sense to me.
And I'm sure the other 31 GMs in the league aren't SO stupid that they'd fall for it either.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
It could just be to get people talking about the Rams, and their draft. Which is happening because of it.

It's also probably because they're trading up to get him @ -16.3 overall

A55VA6

Legend
I think the interest is real, but overhyped. There's no discussion about the Rams showing interest in Bortles, Bridgewater, Carr or any potential 1st rounder besides Manziel. Jeff Fisher has a history of QB's that can run and create like Steve McNair and Vince Young. Obviously Manziel is a much smaller guy, but if Fisher wants a mobile QB that can escape and create, Manziel is the guy.

They just have to make the decision on if they think Manziel brings more to the Rams than Bradford. ANd after all this discussion, I'm going to laugh if the Texans pick him #1.

moklerman

Warner-phile
It seems to me the only reason there was ever any link from the Rams to Manziel was because they all went to see Evans and Matthews. Why not take a free look at Manziel since he was probably the one throwing to Evans but it isn't like they made the trip to see just him.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm curious if Venturi ever had the chops to work with any talent he ever had. It's quite difficult to find much of a successful track record connected to Venturi.

jjab360

Legend
Wow, Manziel is getting too much airtime on these boards lol, it ain't happening.

I guess that's the effect Rams brass wanted when they leaked "information" though, maybe we sucker some FO out there but I doubt it.

jjab360

Legend
I guess the more people are talking about our "interest" in Manziel, the less they're talking about who we're actually targeting, so maybe that throws teams off a little.

A55VA6

Legend
It seems to me the only reason there was ever any link from the Rams to Manziel was because they all went to see Evans and Matthews. Why not take a free look at Manziel since he was probably the one throwing to Evans but it isn't like they made the trip to see just him.
There was a Rams / Manziel link before this workout was even scheduled. The workout just propelled the story even more.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if the Rams are going to buy him a first class ticket to St. Louis, like they did Mark Sanchez.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Wow, Manziel is getting too much airtime on these boards lol, it ain't happening.

I guess that's the effect Rams brass wanted when they leaked "information" though, maybe we sucker some FO out there but I doubt it.
CORRECTAMUNDO!!!
MFW+this+is+every+day+life+for+me.+inb4+nobody+_69c96eb788ca7c82e4c1f0c31f631d65.gif

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
And I'm sure the other 31 GMs in the league aren't SO stupid that they'd fall for it either.

Maybe it's not about falling for it, but rather having to account for it. You think there's any time spent making other GMs sweat and be overwhelmed during this period?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The idea of the Rams using an interest in Manziel as a smokescreen to get teams to move up for him doesn't make sense to me. Not unless the plan is for team trade up to #1 so that Clowney would fall into their laps.

That sounds like a great plan. Not sure anyone will fall for it.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Listen to the whole segment. It is long and just not about Johnny Football.. :cool: