Venturi Loves Rams Draft--Joyner=Poor Man's Honey Badger

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Why should Michael Brockers be the happiest guy in the world? Coach Rick Venturi tells us when talking to Randy K. and D’Marco Farr. Venturi really loves the Rams draft. He thinks he got real football players and was excited about almost every pick. He thinks that Joyer is a poor man’s Honey Badger, a tremendous get, just a playmaker.

Listen to Venturi Talk Rams Draft

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I don't think Joyner is a poor man's Tyrann Mathieu. I think Joyner has a good chance to make Mathieu a poor man's Lamarcus Joyner.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I don't think Joyner is a poor man's Tyrann Mathieu. I think Joyner has a good chance to make Mathieu a poor man's Lamarcus Joyner.

I had the same thought... Joyner is more athletic and instinctive.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
And almost got taken almost a whole round ahead of the Honeybadger, so I don't get how the Joyner is the poor man's Honeybadger lol.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I understand why they want to compare him, but come on, they were both really good prospects. Mathieu only fell so to character issues. I think Joyner will do great, but lets wait before saying he is better or worse than a real good established nfl player. I know everyone is excited, i M as well but still.

Maybe i an just saying this because i am massively hungover(basically still drunk).

FRO

Legend
If you are going to have a guy give his opinion on the Rams draft, next time get a guy that actually knows the name of the 4th round pick. Thank you.

ExJbeck

UDFA
If you are going to have a guy give his opinion on the Rams draft, next time get a guy that actually knows the name of the 4th round pick. Thank you.
lol. Venturi has more football knowledge then you could ever possibly hope to accumulate in your life time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol. Venturi has more football knowledge then you could ever possibly hope to accumulate in your life time.
And half the etiquette. That said, Venturi's football knowledge doesn't make him a good evaluator.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Will Mathieu ever be the same player? An ACL and LCL has got to really hurt the condition of a nickel back that relies on speed pretty heavily. Joyner, I believe, has a higher ceiling than the honey badger, especially now.

FRO

Legend
I didn't say Venturi didn't have football knowledge. I just wish he would know the names of the guys drafted when breaking down the draft. Is that too much to ask?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think they're about the same level of prospect. To me, Joyner is slightly more athletic, and Mathieu is slightly more instinctive. Now, both have fantastic instincts and both are good athletes. Just for each, one is a little better than the other. I would say it evens out though. I'm a huge Joyner fan and I was a huge Mathieu fan last season.

I think Joyner might have the edge though coming out of college, if you bring intangibles into the picture, because he's a standup guy off the field and is an amazing leader in the locker room. When he talks, everybody listens.

If Joyner can come in and come close to the type of player Mathieu was in his rookie season, we got a steal.

ExJbeck

UDFA
I didn't say Venturi didn't have football knowledge. I just wish he would know the names of the guys drafted when breaking down the draft. Is that too much to ask?
I think it's hilarious to even care that he said Anderson instead of Alexander, it's called a mistake, those things happen. You must be purrrrrfect all the time.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think it's hilarious to even care that he said Anderson instead of Alexander, it's called a mistake, those things happen. You must be purrrrrfect all the time.

Are you Venturi in disguise? You seem to be taking this almost personal lol

ExJbeck

UDFA
Obviously not, I somehow don't follow the correlation between someone not remembering a name and that person not being able to talk about the Rams draft. Venturi follows the Rams and Colts, speaks on 101 weekly during the football season, so it's not like he isn't a "rams fan". He made mistake, not a big deal, but apparently we should just disregard what he says. A rather novel idea.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Will Mathieu ever be the same player? An ACL and LCL has got to really hurt the condition of a nickel back that relies on speed pretty heavily. Joyner, I believe, has a higher ceiling than the honey badger, especially now.

Yeah, his knee was completely devastated. Sad really. The kid could play.

FRO

Legend
While calling Alexander Anderson more than once is minor, it is still ball busting worthy for a guy breaking down the draft.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Obviously not, I somehow don't follow the correlation between someone not remembering a name and that person not being able to talk about the Rams draft. Venturi follows the Rams and Colts, speaks on 101 weekly during the football season, so it's not like he isn't a "rams fan". He made mistake, not a big deal, but apparently we should just disregard what he says. A rather novel idea.
You are the one making this into a big deal. Do not see why you are so hung up on this lol

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
For a new member here your being awfully rude

V3

Hall of Fame
You are the one making this into a big deal. Do not see why you are so hung up on this lol

He wasn't the one that made an issue out of not knowing a name. I swear, this forum has major personal issues when it comes to anything dealing with Bernie or Venturi. It's very strange.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He wasn't the one that made an issue out of not knowing a name. I swear, this forum has major personal issues when it comes to anything dealing with Bernie or Venturi. It's very strange.
Fro made a comment about Venturi not getting a name right and busted his balls about it. Ex has been ripping him and being very rude about it. He could of made a comment saying its no big deal that he made a mistake and that he likes Venturi instead of taking the route he did. Thats all.

And i agree Venturi and Bernie are catalysts for drama type stuff lol