Vent Thread: Seahawks@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jacksonville looks better than Seattle. Tough week ahead.

Take care of the ball.

Jags have been Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde so far, let's hope we face Jekyll & not Hyde.
jekyllhyde.png

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay needs to learn from this game. He screwed the pooch with his panicked play-calling in the second half.
Bad play calling killed this game from 2nd-3rd quarter. Let Gurley ride the bench and went full TA and pass mode. sigh.
50 passes against the Seahawks is not how you beat them
Horrible game plan we abandoned Todd Gurley way too early only to run Tavon
All these sum up how I felt as the game progressed... especially in that second half.
48 pass attempts
22 rush attempts
69/31 usually doesn't work.

Goff was a little off.
Seahags can't stop the run. Goff throws 50 passes. Um what.
And yet, inexplicably, McVay continued to throw the ball. It just didn't make any sense to me.

If Tavon gets another carry on first down off tackle from the backfield I might eat my remote.
Not happy with Tevon taking gurely's touches
Like I said, the playcalling just didn't make sense... it was like McVay went into some semi-comatose state. He'll blame himself for this... and rightfully so.

D played well, this game is on the O.
Defense showed up today.
I thought the defense did do well... held the opponent to 16 points. I can't really find a lot of fault there.
Special teams (Austin got replaced on punt returns... hopes it stays that way... Zuerline mis-fires at a terrible time... Hekker didn't even have his usual game).
Offense - see above

No excuses about fumbles or the refs or anything else. We are a better team than in seasons past but we're not there yet.
Yeah, I don't blame the refs (rarely)... players fumble but Austin needs to be kept away from punt returns... I cease to breath while the ball is on it's way to him. In fact, I hold my breath every time he touches it... feels like feast or famine... will he run backwards or sideways? Will he score a TD? It's nerve racking!

Gurleys fumble and GZs missed FG hurt in a close game
As bad as they played, we still had a shot at the end.
Yup... despite all the miscures and poor play calling, had Goff put just a slightly lighter touch on that pass, they win. But coulda... woulda... shoulda... it is what it is... onto JAX!

Can't win 'em all.
Negative Nancy! :neener:

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So when a ball is fumbled before the goal line and goes out of the end zone what would be fair?
The team that had the ball last retains the ball at the spot of the fumble. The way it played out yesterday the D gets the ball when they did not recover the ball. If the ball goes out on the sideline then it should not be like the back of the end zone. That is twice this year we got screwed for dumb rules. The double flag on the kickoff a couple games back and we have to start at the 2 and this one!

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We seemed to force the ball to Tavon to much. It was almost like they were trying to make sure after the fumbled punts he had a chance to do something positive so he wouldn't be sad? I get it, getting him back the ball to forget, but it was to much. We have too many others to try and force it to Tavon.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We seemed to force the ball to Tavon to much. It was almost like they were trying to make sure after the fumbled punts he had a chance to do something positive so he wouldn't be sad? I get it, getting him back the ball to forget, but it was to much. We have too many others to try and force it to Tavon.
That's what I thought too... get his confidence back up. But he scored that TD... that should have been enought in my mind (to restore confidence).

But they still tried to force it to him.

Mind boggling to me... like I said, I'm sure McVay will come out and blame himself... and he should IMO... poorly called game and bad use of time outs.

Maybe he does it on purpose... so he can be chastised by Veronika. :LOL:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can't stand loses. They stick all week until the next game. I'm still not over the super bowl loss to the Pats either. Aaaarrrgh!
Hell. I’m not over the Super Bowl loss to the Steelers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm not feeling great about the return from the second round pick we lost for Sammy Watkins. He's been mostly invisible sans one game.

I don't know what the freak he was doing today. He stopped running on multiple passes to him

6. Watkins quitting on routes when he didn't think he'd get the ball. If you want to do that Sammy, fine, let's see more of Reynolds and Thomas out there at X.

Didn't like Watkins effort on that missed big play

That said, Sammy Watkins has me ticked. He was hardly trying today. He ran half-ass routes all day. I don't even want a guy like that on this team.

Almost forgot - Damn Sammy Watkins for the disappearing act, and stopping on a route after you got behind the D.

Watkins, i'm real disappointed with his performance.

Wasn't a smart play by gurley. Holding the ball out in the hand closest to the defender instead of reaching with his left hand or putting his head down and muscling forward.

Still confused on Sammy giving up today. Very Britt-esque. Think he may have scored on the deep ball had he kept going full speed!

No excuse for that . He's supposed to be a #1 receiver.

Whew!!!!! Sammy stopped on a route....yall kinda funny talking bout routes and yall on the internet....wait....anyone can talk routes....women too....lololol

My body language expert says....Sammy looked like he was sick and weak to me....but hey...I didn't have a kush seat in the Coliseum....

He needs to run harder ....but he did look...tired or something...

Personally, those last passes should be thrown to him or Woods...Kupp is still a rookie.

Sammy Watkins needs a Wood-against-the-49ers comeback next week. He cannot go all Brian Quick on routes, especially when it causes misses on potential big plays. Sammy, be a pro, suck it up, and come back next week ready to go 100%, all the time.
That should be McVay's and Goff's plan..but Jalen Ramsey is tough...
This is the first game where I find myself agreeing with those who have said it was a waste of a pick to get Sammy. It's only one game, granted, but he got busted a couple times just going through the motions.
Merl, we haven't utilized this weapon....Really not sure...are we saving him? Is he up to speed? Is it not clear he's the #1 option on the passing tree? Wasting this guy while losing winnable games isn't cool.

I'm done with Tavon on punt returns. Don't care how dynamic he is once he has the ball in his hands, if he can't secure it in his hands, then he doesn't need to be out there fielding punts anymore. Four muffs in five games ... I've seen enough. And given his limited ability as a receiver, you really have to question if he has a role on this team next year. He can do stuff in the running game, but do you want to keep him around at his salary just for that when he's no longer reliable on the other thing he's supposed be good on? Yes, he scored the TD today, but how often is he going to score like that?
Meh....we need to get him involved....but he doesn't have natural hands...and is a receiver...that last punt, he took off the chest before it bounced off his hands/forearms....I think the worst he did was lose the fumble....he is an asset as a RB/slot guy....I still wonder why he's not running more patterns with Watkins and Kupp?

This is a good point. It hit Kupp's hands and we've been spoiled by his ability to bring it in, but that would have been an insanely difficult catch given the angle the ball came in vs his hands. Slight arc on the ball would have made all the difference there, and Goff will learn touch in that situation, he's still inexperienced in so many ways.
Dude has to catch that ball...it wasn't too hot...too fast...too nothing...too much in his hands...that's a game winning play...if he can't make it...throw it to Watkins, Woods, Reynolds, Everett, somebody else....Higbee....

That's the only positive...that as much as Goff...and others were fucking up...we still had a chance to win....until that Kupp DROP. Yall woulda ate Brian Quick alive for that one...LOL

Drops happen....they're tougher in the last seconds....again...give that play to the #1...let Watkins run that.
What's up with Watkins? He's a non factor right now

Again...I think he was sick....
Also I'm worried about Sammy. Not sure he's gonna wanna stay after the season . He should be seeing 8 targets a game. Hell, we should be scheming plays his way.
See above...and exactly...what the hell did we get him for? I hope not to just lose him in FA....not just a 7 month rental.

Still wishing Johnson kept running full speed after his interception. I think he had a great chance to get by Wilson and score.
that's what a 4.7 looks like...Russel runs a 4.6...maybe a 4.5

on the radio they made it seem like clear PI but reading some comments here its sounds different.
Maybe...seemed like he was doubled....and Goff forced it in there...and the receiver (Kupp?) was tackled....but I wouldn't want a call there

Yeah.. Gurley stepped out of bounds before the fumble the refs blew that one.

However that lazy play he made there was horseshit. but indicative of how dumb we played all day.
Ball should be in his left hand...closest to the sideline...plus he's left handed....and he should have dived with two hands...really not worried about Gurley tho.
Gurely needs to dive for the pilon
exactly

Fumble (Gurley), Fumble (Tavon), Int, Int, fumble (Goff) on a strip sack by a DE on our, cough, cough, LT....hey, it happens....it's why I prefer holding as compared to letting the QB get hit...

Not mad at all....didn't notice the play calling...just liked our defense...can we trade Mo? Can we trade Quinn? Can we trade a couple of wr's to the Giants?????

Still nervous about Cody...but that John Johnson...looking like Johnnie Johnson....and running that 4.7....run a 4.4 he scores...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Whew!!!!! Sammy stopped on a route....yall kinda funny talking bout routes and yall on the internet....wait....anyone can talk routes....women too....lololol

My body language expert says....Sammy looked like he was sick and weak to me....but hey...I didn't have a kush seat in the Coliseum....

He needs to run harder ....but he did look...tired or something...

Personally, those last passes should be thrown to him or Woods...Kupp is still a rookie.

That should be McVay's and Goff's plan..but Jalen Ramsey is tough...

Merl, we haven't utilized this weapon....Really not sure...are we saving him? Is he up to speed? Is it not clear he's the #1 option on the passing tree? Wasting this guy while losing winnable games isn't cool.

Meh....we need to get him involved....but he doesn't have natural hands...and is a receiver...that last punt, he took off the chest before it bounced off his hands/forearms....I think the worst he did was lose the fumble....he is an asset as a RB/slot guy....I still wonder why he's not running more patterns with Watkins and Kupp?

Dude has to catch that ball...it wasn't too hot...too fast...too nothing...too much in his hands...that's a game winning play...if he can't make it...throw it to Watkins, Woods, Reynolds, Everett, somebody else....Higbee....

That's the only positive...that as much as Goff...and others were freaking up...we still had a chance to win....until that Kupp DROP. Yall woulda ate Brian Quick alive for that one...LOL

Drops happen....they're tougher in the last seconds....again...give that play to the #1...let Watkins run that.

Again...I think he was sick....
See above...and exactly...what the hell did we get him for? I hope not to just lose him in FA....not just a 7 month rental.

that's what a 4.7 looks like...Russel runs a 4.6...maybe a 4.5

Maybe...seemed like he was doubled....and Goff forced it in there...and the receiver (Kupp?) was tackled....but I wouldn't want a call there

Ball should be in his left hand...closest to the sideline...plus he's left handed....and he should have dived with two hands...really not worried about Gurley tho.
exactly

Fumble (Gurley), Fumble (Tavon), Int, Int, fumble (Goff) on a strip sack by a DE on our, cough, cough, LT....hey, it happens....it's why I prefer holding as compared to letting the QB get hit...

Not mad at all....didn't notice the play calling...just liked our defense...can we trade Mo? Can we trade Quinn? Can we trade a couple of wr's to the Giants?????

Still nervous about Cody...but that John Johnson...looking like Johnnie Johnson....and running that 4.7....run a 4.4 he scores...

I'm sure I don't know as much about running routes as Sammy but a Pop Warner receiver could see the effort was lacking the entire game from him. He didn't even look for the ball on several plays and that applies to last week too. It's not that he isn't being used properly, it's that he is showing he can't be relied on.

If he is too sick to play competent football, Reynolds should have been playing in his place.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
If it was a totally catchable ball, Kupp pulls it in. It would've been a #1highlight reel clip.

That's the only positive...that as much as Goff...and others were freaking up...we still had a chance to win....until that Kupp DROP. Yall woulda ate Brian Quick alive for that one...LOL
Quick?? Please...Quick probably wouldn't have gotten a finger on it...

Let Watkins run it?? Didn't you just say he was sick? That was the reason he was invisible the whole game? Yeah, that makes sense...

I was there, in my kush seat at the Coliseum. Well, actually, I was standing...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Let Watkins run it?? Didn't you just say he was sick? That was the reason he was invisible the whole game? Yeah, that makes sense...
Yep....cause playmakers, make plays. with everything that went on in the game....we needed one more play to win...and I'd rather leave that to someone other than the rookie in that position. Sick, injured...tired...don't know the plays...whatever....tell Sammy in the huddle we're coming to you...

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Yep....cause playmakers, make plays. with everything that went on in the game....we needed one more play to win...and I'd rather leave that to someone other than the rookie in that position. Sick, injured...tired...don't know the plays...whatever....tell Sammy in the huddle we're coming to you...
...and how many plays did Sammy make yesterday again?

You have essentially a rookie quarterback trying to make the play on the front end. Should we go to the bullpen and bring in the "veteran" QB for that play?

"Sick, injured...tired...don't know the plays...whatever...."

That's just silly.

Kupp has as good of hands as anybody on the team. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the play or the personnel. The execution was off a fraction. That's it. Super Sammy isn't catching a ball out of his reach either.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kupp has as good of hands as anybody on the team. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the play or the personnel. The execution was off a fraction. That's it. Super Sammy isn't catching a ball out of his reach either.
I'd question whether Kupp's hands are as "good as anyone on the team"...seeing as now he's got 2 drops...at least...this season....and Sammy has been doing this pro football thing and been a #1 for 4 seasons now. And yeah, I think Super Sammy catches that, sick, tired, injured, or whatever....that ball wasn't outta reach. It hit both hands....Don't believe me, ask Kupp.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'd question whether Kupp's hands are as "good as anyone on the team"...seeing as now he's got 2 drops...at least...this season....and Sammy has been doing this pro football thing and been a #1 for 4 seasons now. And yeah, I think Super Sammy catches that, sick, tired, injured, or whatever....that ball wasn't outta reach. It hit both hands....Don't believe me, ask Kupp.
Again, how many plays did Sammy make yesterday? He didn't look like #1 to me yesterday. He looked more like #2 for four quarters.

Two drops? TWO?? How many do the rest of the receivers have? How about your boy Quick? How many drops did that guy have?

Of course Kupp is going to stand up and say he should've made the catch. I wouldn't expect anything less. If that ball is six, heck, two inches closer to him it's a touchdown. It was just off his fingertips... It was by no means an easy catch to make. Goff lead him just a hair too far. Kupp had to dive forward to try to haul it in. At least he got open. Sherman had Sammy covered pretty well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You can't make so many mistakes and win a game. We handed it to Seattle. We had the win multiple times. We gave it away. McVay needs to learn from this game. He screwed the pooch with his panicked play-calling in the second half. Goff needs to bounce back next week. He did not play well. I'm very ticked. This team had no business losing that game.
THIS^^ Gurley 43 yards Rushing! WTF! Gurley 7 yards receiving! WTF! Our receiver's 22 reception's on 49 Targets! WTF! Z misses an easy FG, at Home! WTF!

And don't get me started on Ref's Bad Calls and Non-Calls!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Again, how many plays did Sammy make yesterday? He didn't look like #1 to me yesterday. He looked more like #2 for four quarters.

Two drops? TWO?? How many do the rest of the receivers have? How about your boy Quick? How many drops did that guy have?
He looked like he wasn't on the team...

I'd have to think...somewhere, in the meeting rooms, SOMEONE, is saying lets look for Sammy here...Sammy should be open there...if not...something is wrong.

In our 2 losses...it's interesting to ME that our last 2 passes were an int and a incomplete pass...both targeted for Kupp

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Not cool IMO...

It wasn't meant to be cool or uncool. I didn't bring Quick, a guy that isn't even on the team, into the conversation.

He looked like he wasn't on the team...

I'd have to think...somewhere, in the meeting rooms, SOMEONE, is saying lets look for Sammy here...Sammy should be open there...if not...something is wrong.

In our 2 losses...it's interesting to ME that our last 2 passes were an int and a incomplete pass...both targeted for Kupp
Maybe, just maybe, Sammy wasn't open. So you'd rather Goff try to force the ball to Sammy who's covered by Sherman? So, when that gets broken up or picked off, you can then complain about Goff?

Yeah, you're dead on man! Kupp is the reason for two losses!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.