Veltung promoted, Rivers waived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Today's kick returner.

I wonder who does the punt returns? Truthfully; it's a scary thought. Punt returning is a turnover risk and Austin has been "the guy" all year... everyone else - rusty!

Alan

Legend
My man Veltung!:woot::woot: He did a good job in preseason and training camp doing PRs and KRs. I think that's the main reason why he made the PS.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Today's kick returner.

I wonder who does the punt returns? Truthfully; it's a scary thought. Punt returning is a turnover risk and Austin has been "the guy" all year... everyone else - rusty!

The Punt Return in 2013 has been very helpful in placing this sputtering offense in good beginning field position thanks to TA. To answer your ponder......it would have to be Veltung handling both Kick off returns & Punt Returns remember KR are very rare and not high turnover plays...whereas the Punt Return is a totally opposite play. IMO you do not dump a 53 player roster to do your KR....but you might with a lack of a punt returner. Rams would normally use starting CB JJ as the back up punt returner, JJ is not bad at it. But JJ is hurt & on top of that Fisher is very short on CB's. So the injury to TA & JJ have caused them to make this move. I hate losing DE Gerald Rivers I think he will end up on another PS very soon.

Alan

Legend
Anyone know who's on our PS now? I have to believe that we still have some O-line players (who we have no need of in the foreseeable future) who could have been cut instead of Rivers. I don't think the Rams braintrust thinks he's as good as we do.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If he's still as shaky catching punts as he was in training camp letting it bounce would be the best move.

Alan

Legend
BonifayRam asked:
Was he signed to PS or master roster?
You can't take a player off anyone's PS unless you put them on your master roster.

Alan

Legend
Practice Squad
Emory Blake WR
Mason Brodine DE
Sammy Brown LB
Justice Cunningham TE
Sean Hooey OT
Caleb McSurdy LB
Darren Woodard CB

Hard to believe that they like all those guys in green better than Rivers. We already have 4 TEs on the roster and they keep Cunningham? He must have great potential.

Blake, EmoryWR6-019222RAuburn
96Brodine, MasonDE6-7284251Nebraska-Kearney
57Brown, SammyLB6-2254232Houston
84Cunningham, JusticeTE6-3258220South Carolina
64Hooey, SeanT6-929523RCincinnati
McSurdy, CalebLB6-1237232Montana
35Woodard, Darren

Blake, EmoryWR6-019222RAuburn
96Brodine, MasonDE6-7284251Nebraska-Kearney
57Brown, SammyLB6-2254232Houston
84Cunningham, JusticeTE6-3258220South Carolina
64Hooey, SeanT6-929523RCincinnati
McSurdy, CalebLB6-1237232Montana
35Woodard, Darren

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Has anyone claimed Rivers?

I will say this about him he has potential and was nice to my grandson so he's got a fan in TD.

BTW congrats Al your man crush has been validated:bigup:
But how bout some love for the Stacy pick:heh:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Jags claimed him, and I'm pissed, not sure if they put him active or not. As to Alan's post earlier that's a true statement, but he was waived, was no longer on our practice squad. I thought this was a guy who could learn and make the active roster next year and figure into the rotation.