Variety of Rams News Nuggets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
SoftliSTL:
Fisher; both Rams offensive and defensive schemes won't change which will help all the young players.

Fisher; were not against drafting an offensive line men in 1st round anything but a kicker or punter we have that covered.

Fisher; not a lot of depth at Linebacker and they get smaller every year

JT:
FIsher praised QB Austin Davis. Said if free agent Kellen Clemens is back it probably would be as the No. 3 QB, with Davis as the No. 2

Yes, the Rams are interested in Alabama OT D.J. Fluker. He said Friday, he interviewed in the "team suite" with them Thurs.

Roto:
Rams GM Les Snead stated at the Combine that the team expects "more" from 2012 second-round pick Brian Quick in year two.
Quick's production underwhelmed as a rookie, but Snead says he "knew" the transition from D-IAA Appalachian State "would be an issue," and noted that Quick flashed big-play ability. Snead compared Quick to Vincent Jackson, who caught only three passes during his rookie year coming out of small-school Northern Colorado

Coach Jeff Fisher says the Rams want to re-sign free agent DE William Hayes.
Hayes came over from the Titans to rejoin Fisher in 2012 and had the best year of his career. He played all 16 games and recorded a career-high seven sacks off the bench. The Rams' website recently called re-signing Hayes a "must."

Rams OG Rok Watkins' weight is "significantly down."
Watkins, a fifth-round pick last year, reported to camp 16 pounds overweight and was held out of drills. He then played in just one game before landing on injured reserve with an ankle injury. Watkins has "committed to getting in shape," and will be in the mix for a starting spot as a mauling run blocker.

Rams GM Les Snead confirms that the team will not use the franchise tag.
Danny Amendola was the only real option, and he isn't worth the $10-plus million price as an injury-prone slot receiver. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch recently said Amendola and the Rams are "far apart" in talks, so it's looking like he'll be able to test the market. The Rams remain interested in his services.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man, I was hoping Davis would get promoted to QB2. I think we've all seen enough out of Kellen to know where the ceiling is. Nothing against him of course, because he's good to have around due to his familiarity with the system, but it would be nice if Davis is a better option and could offer more productivity than him should Bradford miss any time.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
These are all interesting nuggets. Thanks.

I like the Rok news, it eliminates a lot of speculation.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
libertadrocks said:
SoftliSTL:
Fisher; both Rams offensive and defensive schemes won't change which will help all the young players.

Fisher; were not against drafting an offensive line men in 1st round anything but a kicker or punter we have that covered.

JT:
FIsher praised QB Austin Davis. Said if free agent Kellen Clemens is back it probably would be as the No. 3 QB, with Davis as the No. 2

Yes, the Rams are interested in Alabama OT D.J. Fluker. He said Friday, he interviewed in the "team suite" with them Thurs.

:nana: :bangin: :bangin: :nana:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
All sounds good, but I do get the feeling we may have seen the last of Danny A in the blue and gold...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tony Softli ‏@SoftliSTL

Again Fisher addressed the Titus Young situation and said he is better off with another team.

Fisher; both Rams offensive and defensive schemes won’t change which will help all the young players.

Patience and the process paid off for us in getting DC Tim Walton Fisher said

Barkley when asked if he was the best QB ” I believe I’am ”

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Oklahoma OT Lane Johnson, regarded by many as 3rd best OT in draft behind Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher, has “suite” visit tonight with Rams

N. Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper said his goal was to bench press 225 pounds 35 times _ and that’s what he did. 35 is a very good number.

. . .Teams are allowed 60 “suite” interviews at Combine.

Yes, the Rams are interested in Alabama OT D.J. Fluker. He said Friday, he interviewed in the “team suite” with them Thurs.

FIsher praised QB Austin Davis. Said if free agent Kellen Clemens is back it probably would be as the No. 3 QB, with Davis as the No. 2.

. . .defensive coordinator “well before” the end off te 2012 season.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher just finished his podium session at NFL Scouting Combine. Said he decided not to bring Gregg Williams back as. . . .

Rams expected to meet sometime during Combine with RB Steven Jackson’s agent on future in St. Louis and the looming contract void provision

After dropping as low as 285 pounds playing in North Carolina spread, OG Jonathan Cooper weighs in at 312 at combine.

St. Louis Rams ‏@STLouisRams

The #Rams will actually pick 14th in the second round as Cleveland and New Orleans do not hold second-round choices.

Draft order is set save for compensatory picks. #Rams pick 16th in each round and hold extra first round pick (22).

West Virginia WR Tavon Austin said he believes he’s best all around player in draft.

Howard Balzer ‏@HBalzer721

GM Les Snead said he has a picture on his wall of Steven Jackson picking up a blitz.

“Have to identify what both sides want. ‘Jack’ knows I want him back.”

I’m disappointed I didn’t have time with him earlier in his career.” Fisher optimistic about Jackson being back.

Fisher on Steven Jackson: “Can’t say enough good things about Steven. He does wonders in the locker room …

Jeff Fisher said G Rok Watkins’s rehab from ankle injury “about complete.” Has committed to getting in shape. Weight is significantly down.

Jeff Fisher says even if QB Kellen Clemens is re-signed, he would likely flip to No. 3 behind Austin Davis.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

On NFL Live, ESPN’s Bill Polian also had lofty praise for #Cal WR Keenan Allen. “When I see Keenan Allen, I see Reggie Wayne.”

Bill Polian calls Eddie Lacy draft’s top RB: “Great acceleration in hole. Can block & catch. Most complete back in draft & a thoroughbred.”

#USC QB Matt Barkley on his injured shoulder: “I’m on track to be 100 percent ready to go on Pro Day, (March) the 27th.”

From watching Manti Te’o on tape, Charley Casserly estimated Te’o plays at “4.8″ speed. Called Te’o a late 1st to early 2nd-round talent.

Charley Casserly comp’d Matt Barkley to Andy Dalton. “In the 2nd-round area.” Suggested Barkley will need strong supporting cast to succeed.

Scott Pioli on Matt Barkley: “I’ve watched too much film on him. I’ve seen him in person. He’s got long way to go in terms of arm strength.”

Dr. James Andrews says Marcus Lattimore suffered “about as bad a knee injury as you could possibly get”

Mr @MoveTheSticks on #Florida DT Sharrif Floyd: “Special pass rusher. Put him in a 3-tech, he’s capable of getting you double-digit sacks.”

Mayock has a 4th-round grade on #MichiganState RB Le’Veon Bell. “I don’t think he plays as big as he should play”

V-Jax caught only 3 passes during his rookie season. RT @justRVB #Rams GM Snead goes back to the Vincent Jackson comparison for Brian Quick

Snead says Quick made big plays during the year, expects more from him in year two. Knew the transition would be an issue

#Bills GM Buddy Nix says this year’s draft is deep at wide receiver, and strong at O-Line & D-Line…

#NorthCarolina listed RB Giovani Bernard at 5-foot-10, 205. He measured 5-foot-8 3/8 & 202 pounds at the Combine:

#MichiganState RB Le’Veon Bell’s Combine weigh-in: 6-foot-1 3/8 & 230 pounds:

Robert Griffin III’s 2012 Combine weigh-in: 6-foot-2 3/8, 223 pounds. Geno Smith’s Combine weigh-in: 6-foot-2 3/8, 218 pounds.

#WestVirginia QB Geno Smith’s Combine weigh-in was 6-foot-2 3/8 & 218 pounds. Slightly smaller than expected: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8326/geno-smith" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8326/geno-smith</a> …

At the Combine, E.J. Manuel measured two-eighths of an inch taller than he did at the Senior Bowl. Same weight. He’s 6-foot-4 5/8, 237.

Eddie Lacy weighed in at an even 5-foot-11 & 231 pounds. Fact that he was listed 220 by #Alabama was a joke

#Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson’s Combine weigh-in: 6-foot-2 & 216 lbs. Rocked up and an ankle-breaking phenom

#Cal WR Keenan Allen’s Combine weigh-in was an inch shorter & 4 pounds lighter than his college listing. Checked in at 6-foot-2, 206.

Solid weigh-in for #USC QB Matt Barkley, about whom there have been size concerns. 6-foot-2 1/2 & 227 lbs. Tick taller than college listing.

Dexter McCluster’s 2010 Combine weigh-in was 5’8 3/4″ & 172 pounds. Per @BryanBroaddus, Tavon Austin’s Combine weigh-in is 5’8 1/2″ & 174.

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly

PFW’s top-ranked OG Chance Warmack says he can’t roll up his jersey like he did in college. “I might get fined.”

Chris Burke ‏@ChrisBurke_SI

Lane Johnson says he’d prefer to play LT but doesn’t mind RT. Touts his versatility.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rams-news.com/rams-combine-and-draft-twitter-update/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rams-news.com/rams-combine-a ... er-update/</a>

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Sounds like the Rams might be in the market for a first round offensive tackle. Yee haw.

jap

Legend
DR RAM said:
Sounds like the Rams might be in the market for a first round offensive tackle. Yee haw.

Depending on how good they feel about Rok Watkins, they could OT in the first and pick up a developmental G later on. Coach Bou will have to put on his professor's cap & tassel again to get this OL even better than last season.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
jap said:
DR RAM said:

Depending on how good they feel about Rok Watkins, they could OT in the first and pick up a developmental G later on. Coach Bou will have to put on his professor's cap & tassel again to get this OL even better than last season.
Yeah, I like that scenario.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Looks like the Fisher and Snead pressers are up on the Rams site <a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/</a>