Van Jefferson mic'd up @Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That is one quality young man there.

And Yarbs is a funny MFer. If he wasn't a coach that dude would be doing standup. :laugh4:

sloramfan

Starter
one of my favorite mic'd ups...

van jefferson... a really good guy, and now one of my favorite rams...

special, in more ways than one...

go rams

slo

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Love players with their head on their shoulders. I have to give to McVay. He's now drafted two Stud WR's.

oldnotdead

Legend
Before the season people wanted to know who the deep threat was without D. Jax and Cooks. I said not to sleep on Jefferson because the kid has true speed. Well it was on display as he simply outran 2 AZ DBs.

Now defenses can't take him lightly. Kupp, OBJ, and Jefferson all can flat out fly and all can play possession WR roles. Stafford will be facing nothing but zone the rest of the way.

Van is a student of the game and has shown he can read DBs well. Once Woods returns next year this WR group will be the best in the NFL at 4 deep. IMO they will return Harris to TE making them 3 deep at TE and 3 deep at RB with all of them good receivers. Stafford won't lack receivers next year.

This team is a Lombardi contender right now and will be even better next year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Before the season people wanted to know who the deep threat was without D. Jax and Cooks. I said not to sleep on Jefferson because the kid has true speed. Well it was on display as he simply outran 2 AZ DBs.

Now defenses can't take him lightly. Kupp, OBJ, and Jefferson all can flat out fly and all can play possession WR roles. Stafford will be facing nothing but zone the rest of the way.

Van is a student of the game and has shown he can read DBs well. Once Woods returns next year this WR group will be the best in the NFL at 4 deep. IMO they will return Harris to TE making them 3 deep at TE and 3 deep at RB with all of them good receivers. Stafford won't lack receivers next year.

This team is a Lombardi contender right now and will be even better next year.

To add to that, I'd move Skowronek to H-back if that happens. He could fill somewhat of a role that San Fran's FB fills: a guy who can catch out of the backfield and be a solid run blocker. It's better than him being on special teams entirely; he's too good for just special teams, and if Harris takes a while to recover from his injuries or if Higbee, Mundt or Blanton are out, why keep him on the bench?

I don't know what we do with Atwell. Obviously, the Rams are going to try to make him a focal point somehow, but is he better right now than Kupp, Woods, Beckham Jr. or Jefferson? I don't think he is. Will he be better in the future? I don't know.

But onto Jefferson. I loved this mic'd up session. You can tell that the kid has his head on right, and his relationship with his father is fun to see. I hope to see more positive interactions, and Van's definitely taken the role as a deep threat; I'd go so far as to say that he's the fastest wideout on the team. Yes, even over Atwell.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
What an absolute positive attitude! Amazing!

Add this to the short clip from a previous week when he thanks Mcvay for trusting him because it gives him confidence.

Became one of my favorites!