Van Brocklin Record Is Now 65 Years Old

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I thought his best were 24 and 26 sacks? I could be horribly wrong. But thats what I remember reading. Both would be #1 and #1 in the record books anyway.

Maybe. I thought I read twenty-eight sacks somewhere, but I could very well be wrong.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Maybe. I thought I read twenty-eight sacks somewhere, but I could very well be wrong.
Either way he should be the record holder and we know he is the true sack master in NFL history!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Single Game Superbowl Passing Kurt Warner 414 yards
Not just the #1 SB passing record, but the #2, and #3!!!

And also the first QB to have 3 passing td's in each of his first three starts!!!(not sure if that has been broken yet).

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I thought his best were 24 and 26 sacks? I could be horribly wrong. But thats what I remember reading. Both would be #1 and #1 in the record books anyway.
I was thinking it was 24 and 26 myself, but I just don't remember! Deacon mentioned it in an interview, which I know is on record somewhere!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So lets see.

-Interception record
-SB passing yards record(x3)
-Sack record(unofficial x2)
-Rushing yards record(by an individual)
-Passing yards in a game(by an individual)
-Receiving yards record
-Passing TD record in first three starts
-Safeties accrued by an individual in a game

Thats a fucking crazy ass list. I bet if you ask ask 1,000 nfl fans who aren't rams fans that maybe 1% would know half the answers.

At one point Faulk held the TD record. But alas Alexander and Tomlison beat it. WOuld be a nice record to hold as well. Seems like we hold a good amount already so can't complain to much :)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Either way he should be the record holder and we know he is the true sack master in NFL history!!
" If the NFL didn't realize the TRUETH about his sack Record, Why Did they name the NEW Annual Sack Award After Deacon"!!?!(y);):Do_O:mrburnsevil:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
" If the NFL didn't realize the TRUETH about his sack Record, Why Did they name the NEW Annual Sack Award After Deacon!!?!(y);):Do_O:mrburnsevil:
Its nice that he coined the phrase and the award is named after him, but would be even better(and righteous) if they recognized and acknowledged his sack records!!!!

tempests

Hall of Fame
NVB vs Waterfield is like the Rams predecessor of Young vs Montana. The Rams lit up defenses and won championships with both of them.

Van Brocklin was polarizing to say the least. Waterfield was coachable and one of the league's top stars, NVB liked to audible on his own and was more of a gunslinger. The Dutchman was a stormy, abrasive figure who feuded with players, media and the fans. But he won three passing titles, led the league in punting twice and went to nine Pro Bowls in 12 seasons. Eagles had the league's worst offense when he got there, but he carried them on his arm throughout the entire 1960 season, and handing Lombardi his only postseason loss in the title game.