USC’s Leonard Williams among 26 prospects slated to attend draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ms-among-26-prospects-slated-to-attend-draft/

USC’s Leonard Williams among 26 prospects slated to attend draft
Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 14, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpteyy2q0ngezmdu0zjkwzmfmm2i0odgymzg4ytmzodnl-e1429050106646.jpeg
Getty Images

Southern Cal defensive end Leonard Williams, regarded as one of the top prospects in the Class of 2015, is one of 26 prospects expected to be in Chicago for the NFL draft, the league announced Tuesday.

Williams could be the first non-quarterback selected in Round One. The top two quarterbacks — Florida State’s Jameis Winston and Oregon’s Marcus Mariota — are not slated to attend the draft, but their absences have been expected.

Round One of the draft begins on Thursday, April 30.

Here is the list of attendees:

Oregon DL Arik Armstead.

Clemson LB Vic Beasley.

LSU OT La’el Collins.

Alabama S Landon Collins.

Kentucky LB Bud Dupree.

Florida State C Cameron Erving.

Florida OLB Dante Fowler, Jr.

Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon.

Nebraska OLB Randy Gregory.

Georgia RB Todd Gurley.

Florida OT D.J. Humphries.

Wake Forest CB Kevin Johnson.

Connecticut CB Byron Jones.

Mississippi State LB Benardrick McKinney.

Louisville WR DeVante Parker.

Stanford OT Andrus Peat.

Central Florida WR Breshad Perriman.

Missouri DE Shane Ray.

Iowa OL Brandon Scherff.

Washington DT Danny Shelton.

Ohio State WR Devin Smith.

Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong.

Duke OG Laken Tomlinson.

Michigan State CB Trae Waynes.

West Virginia WR Kevin White.

USC DE Leonard Williams.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Randy Gregory's one of the invites? He's going to be waiting all three days. I might actually feel bad for him if he didn't do all of this to himself.

Stel

Starter
Last of that group to be selected?

I'm going with either Benardrick McKinney or Laken Tomlinson.

jjab360

Legend
Randy Gregory's one of the invites? He's going to be waiting all three days. I might actually feel bad for him if he didn't do all of this to himself.
I don't know why you seem to take all of your opinions to the extreme.. I don't even like Gregory but with his athleticism and production there's no way he's making it past the first round.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't know why you seem to take all of your opinions to the extreme.. I don't even like Gregory but with his athleticism and production there's no way he's making it past the first round.

Athleticism and production doesn't mean shit when you fail a drug test, admit that you've been smoking pot before games, and admit that you're lazy. If that doesn't turn off scouts and GMs - and it almost always has in the past - I don't know what will. We saw a first round talent in Justin Houston fall because he smoked weed before the Combine. Houston was so much better than Gregory is.

In addition, Gregory doesn't have a position in the NFL. If you thought that Michael Sam was a tweener, then I don't know what you'd make of Gregory. He can't play defensive end because he has a string-bean frame that can't add much more weight - and he's only 235 lbs. He can't play linebacker because he flat-out doesn't know how to cover anyone and he relies solely on his athleticism to get around. I'm going to be honest; if Gregory was at a D2 school like Lynden Trail, you wouldn't even see him get drafted because of all of the red flags he has.

Maybe he makes it into the first round somehow. Whichever team takes him is even dumber than he is, and they deserve to watch him bust completely.