UsaToday. QB rankings. Wth?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Okay... With the way they rank, I see why some guys out rank others.

As example; Griffin gets a 9 for athletism and arm strength... Which seems fair for those categories. But... Foles can't rank high enough in the other categories to offset those high values.

A ranking system should be weighted. Accuracy and field vision would be more important than the other categories, IMO.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Another useless article and another useless ranking. I would take the worst QB with a great running game and stellar defense to win the Super Bowl. Baltimore did that a few years back with Trent Dilrod. So, I really don't put much stock in what a "hack" reporter from USA Today has to say about our Rams and any of its players.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I actually think both are fair rankings. The question with Sam is health in my mind. Don't really have a question with Foles. I think he's going to be a good QB for us here.

ram007

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The media is over crediting Chip Kelly. Yet, I still think we only get 2014 version of Foles. That is 7687444% better than the backup QBs Rams had starting last year. 12-15 year dominance of Rams in NFL starts this year.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
All I can say is that IMO Matt Ryan is incredibly overrated and Blake Bortles will outperform his number

I'm a bit of a fan of Ryan, he's not great, but he's solid, you know what you're getting, I'll be happy if Foles posts similar numbers to Ryan...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The media is over crediting Chip Kelly. Yet, I still think we only get 2014 version of Foles. That is 7687444% better than the backup QBs Rams had starting last year. 12-15 year dominance of Rams in NFL starts this year.

I think you'll find that's 7687449%

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know. Dude is durable and consistent.

image.jpg1_zps4k4jmjuq.jpg
Wow.

In my mind, he always gets pushed to the back... maybe because he's not particularly flashy.

Like @shaunpinney said, I'd be thrilled if Foles threw numbers like those up year after year for the Rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm a bit of a fan of Ryan, he's not great, but he's solid, you know what you're getting, I'll be happy if Foles posts similar numbers to Ryan...
No arguement here.
I dont think that "not great, but he's solid" isnt top 10 material.
he's middle of the road IMO
Has had great tools to work with, plays in a dome and gets to throw it 30+ times a game

Never said he wasnt good, just wouldnt put him top 10

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No arguement here.
I dont think that "not great, but he's solid" isnt top 10 material.
he's middle of the road IMO
Has had great tools to work with, plays in a dome and gets to throw it 30+ times a game

Never said he wasnt good, just wouldnt put him top 10
I guess when you describe him as incredibly overrated, that might get some responses. ;)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wait so you guys don't think Bradford is still a great player when healthy?

Healthy? I don't know iBruce......I never saw Sam as a great player........how can they measure two back to back ACL tears & then think healthy if he is 60% or 70% to what he was 3 or 4 yrs ago....how long can that new ACL hold up in regular season? How many regular season snaps has he played since the first ACL tear back in 2013? Zero! Now he has two.....................:notsure:

Rmfnit nailed it in his point...."especially the pocket awareness number"!:palm:

Carson Palmer will have two ACL tears but many yrs apart & not back to back but he is much older but Palmer pocket awareness is outstanding in comparison to Sam's

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I made a bet with my buddy $50 that Blake Bortles will go over 4000 yards this year and Julius Thomas will go over 1000.
I could see Bortles throwing for over 4,000 yards if they can run the ball at all with Yeldon and Robinson. I wouldn't bet on Thomas having over 1,000 yards because of his history of not playing every game due to injuries.