Upset Titans WR: Team pulling ‘Jared Cook’ card

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kmov.com/sports/football/Upset-Titans-WR-Team-pulling-Jared-Cook-card-224114651.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kmov.com/sports/football/Ups ... 14651.html</a>

130917_Kenny+Britt+Jared+Cook.jpg

(FootballStL) -- Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt seems to be upset with his team after being benched in a 30-24 overtime loss to the Houston Texans.

The reason: coaches were upset of his mistakes and blocking approach, according to the Tennessean.com.

Now Britt is making claims the Titans are treating him like his former teammate and current St. Louis Rams tight end Jared Cook.

On Tuesday afternoon, a tweet sent from Kenny Britt’s official Twitter account (@KennyBritt_18) read: “Looks like the Titans pullin that Jared Cook card .. Looking like this the last year ill be sayin #TitanUp .. So lets make it a Great year.”

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KennyBritt_18/status/380022395056451584[/tweet]

That tweet followed a retweet of a fan’s plea to his current team that read: “@Ravens go get @KennyBritt_18 I’m sure we could use him since the titans don’t want to.”

For those wondering, the ‘Jared Cook card’ is likely in reference to the notion that many, including Cook, believe the Titans didn’t use his talents to the fullest. It appears Britt is starting to feel the same way about himself. Both players were drafted in 2009 while Fisher was head coach of the Titans.

Britt, who is in the final year of his contract, caught a career-high nine touchdowns in 12 games played under Fisher’s control in 2010. He has seven touchdowns in his last 19 games played since Fisher left Tennessee.

Jared Cook already has two touchdowns this season, which is half of what he had last year for the Titans.

Would the Rams be interested in reuniting Britt, like Cook, with Fisher next season? I’m sure Sam Bradford would say ‘yes.’

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Would love to see it. I know he has injuries but when healthy, he is a proven weapon.

Edit: forgot about all those arrests. I would pass.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HitStick said:
Would love to see it. I know he has injuries but when healthy, he is a proven weapon.

Edit: forgot about all those arrests. I would pass.
lol.

Ur91wDn.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He hasn't looked quite the same since the 2011 injury. Not sure if I want him. Right now, I'd say no.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Unless someone we have gets hurt wants out or for another reason is gone, I think we've got enough talent in our rec. corps that people are going to be getting upset because they aren't getting enough action as it is .
Intentionally adding a player that you probably have to feature to keep him happy, who IMO talent wise might be the 4th best wr we had........I'd pass.

Prima Donna means ,first ......donna :huh: , unless Kenny is THE GUY he'll be unhappy here as well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No fucking way in hell do I want Kenny Britt on the Rams. Overrated scumbag.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Nah man nah, I'm happy with Cook because he's a good, young TE, but I wouldn't touch Britt with a ten foot pole. Selfish and a drama queen. We've got no room on our team for somebody like that.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
HometownBoy said:
Nah man nah, I'm happy with Cook because he's a good, young TE, but I wouldn't touch Britt with a ten foot pole. Selfish and a drama queen. We've got no room on our team for somebody like that.
I pretty well agree and would add that he unduly elevates himself when he compares he and Cook.

In the end though I think Tenn might have paid cook if they had a better QB so they could have realized how good he is, and I don't blame Britt for being upset about the situation there Locker seems to be sub standard and if they could grad up a run option guy somewhere they could at least make things interesting, IMO that team is still suffering from the Vince Young pick.