upon further review...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
After rewatching last season, I came away with some observations. Some I anticipated, some I did not.

1) the Rams receivers are studs. Not only do they make a lotta tough grabs, but they're complete. They block exceptionally well and are pretty smart and tough players. If there is a better group in the league, I would like to argue!
2) Havs and Whitworth were an awesome pair of bookends. No telling how much gas Whit has left, but the Rams have to believe they have the best RT in football while he's peaking.
3) Saffold will be missed. He played his best ball the last 2 seasons but this is something we (fans) are gonna have to get used to--Rams will be coveted around the league and we simply cannot pay them all.
4) joyner will not be missed. The Weddle signing notwithstanding, joyner is not suited to play a deep safety. Admittedly, he surprised with such a good season in '17, but the guy I feared was moving to safety (and the reasons why) surfaced in '18.
5) barron will not be missed. Between a legit ILB and an extra safety/hybrid (Rapp?), he shouldn't be that hard to replace.
6) suh won't be missed--at least the week 2-16 suh won't be.
7) I know Higbee is a polarizing figure on this forum, but man, he has become a good blocker and a big play receiver. Everett is extremely athletic and made alotta pretty good plays himself, but it is Higbee's blocking that is keeping Everett on the bench. Lined up next to Havs, the Rams were very formidable on the right side. I used to wonder why the Rams didn't run to Whitworth and Saffold more, but now I know.
8) Gurley needs to be healthy and on the field. He's really something special. I agree that the Rams need to manage him to the point that he's around all year, but...
9) our kicking game is 2nd to nobody with GZ & JH.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I hear ya with Big Rodg... but I think we were very lucky having him play as much as he did the last 2 seasons. Saffold is due for that injury bug he is known for... I hate to say that... be we've all seen it hit him.

I think we moved on from him at the right time. We were playing with fire if we really believed that he would continue not to miss games.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I hear ya with Big Rodg... but I think we were very lucky having him play as much as he did the last 2 seasons. Saffold is due for that injury bug he is known for... I hate to say that... be we've all seen it hit him.

I think we moved on from him at the right time. We were playing with fire if we really believed that he would continue not to miss games.
Honestly, I think those shoulders were his biggest problem, and those are titanium or some such shit now, so I think he'll be good.... Just not as good as he would be with the RAMS.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
@fanotodd

Ref. Our foursome WR's ......best in the NFL. I see no reason to carry more than 5 wide outs on the 53 player roster. Those four will want the ball as much as possible & that good for this offense. Use this good fortune to save a roster spot on that 6th WR to use on the OL instead, keeping 9 OL'ers instead of only 8. However, it would be a good ideal to sign two of our better younger WR prospects to the practice squad i.e. Bachman & Webster for future development.

Ref. The loss of WS ILB veteran Mark Barron....having Littleton moves over into his weak side Interior LB'ing post in Wade's standard 334 base defense is a huge improvement. As Wade moves into his many passing defenses CL will still remain on the field of play. It will be our MLB'er Kiser who departs for the sideline.

Ref. Rams starting OT's ...I would not exclude our current new starting LG from that list. Noteboom is a LT much more than LG. Keeping Noteboom @ LG fills the present, but near future I prognosticate as this season wears on Noteboom will see more & more snaps @ LT. Why ? I am sure a plan has been developed to keep the "older than dirt" Andrew Whitworth fresh as possible for this teams playoff run. I believe the Rams have the best trio of OT's in the NFL!

Ref. The loss of Saffold your comments rings true but even this early its evident that Jamil Demby is Kromer's first pick to be the true replacement for Saffold for the future. With the 2019 version of the "Preserve Andrew Whitworth Plan" Demby IMO is sure to see a major amount of work @ LG in practice with the first unit increasing week by week after the bye. Of course if David Edwards turns out to be a legit true LT prospect then what I have stated above might just dissolve quickly......none of which is a bad thing.

Ref. Joyner loss.....was a very big win for the Rams. LJ proved to be a serious weak link in our DB in 2018 when LJ was forced to take up the position of deep safety. He proved to lack the mental ability to be effective playing deep. LJ's game is up close to the LOS & as the Nickel corner where he can excel with his skills. Snead landing Eric Weddle is HUGE!

Last edited: