Updated Top 10?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious - Now that most the Combine is complete what does your top 10 list look like?

Mine would look something like this:

1) Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston
2) Tennessee - Marcus Mariota
3) Jacksonville - Leonard Williams
4) Oakland - Kevin White
5) Washington - Vic Beasley
6) New York Jets - Amari Cooper
7) Chicago Bears - Danny Shelton
8) Atlanta - Dante Fowler
9) New York Giants - Brandon Scherff
10) St. Louis Rams - Hoping for White, Cooper or Sherff but settle for DeVante Parker

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My belief in who will be drafted in the top ten, barring trades:

Winston
Williams
Fowler Jr.
White
Beasley
Mariota
Ray
Shelton
Cooper
Peat

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My best guess?
1. Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston
2. Tennessee - Leonard Williams
3. Trade Up - Marcus Mariota
4. Oakland - Amari Cooper
5. Washington - Vic Beasley
6. New York Jets - Kevin White
7. Chicago - Andrus Peat
8. Atlanta - Dante Fowler Jr.
9. New York Giants - Alvin Dupree(if JPP leaves)
10. Trade Up/Trade Down

Could see Minnesota trading up with one of the teams between 7 and 9 to draft DeVante Parker.

thehammer

Rookie
f Tennessee doesn't draft Mariota they are scary stupid...
a new coach hitching his wagon to a 6th rd qb who hasn't been able to stay healthy in each of his last 2 years....ok

nfl stands for not for long and a new coach only gets a 2 year grace period....my 10 best prospects in this draft and if you look closely I'm leaving out a player most people consider a top 10 lock. CH stands for character give +/- score

1. Marcus Mariota QB Oregon 6’4 210 4.5 speed ok arm 27 fumbles CH+++ an alpha male/born leader
2. Williams DE/DT USC CH+++ LOTT semi-finalist 6’5 298 a WOW! player
3. Kevin White WR 6’4 215 .4.35 West Virginia JC guy ..great hands, fluid a "Natural" Roy Hobbs type player
4. Dante Fowler DE/LB 6’1 260 Florida junior elite burst..never stops
5.Danny Shelton NT/DT 6’2 332 CH+++ LOTT semi-finalistWashington massive0/1 tech works his butt off with great vision production
6.Amarai Cooper WR Alabama elite speed, very strong. CH+++
7.Vic Beasley LB Clemson 6’2 245 33 career sacks not as good as Von Miller but close
8. Todd Gurley RB 6’1 226 Georgia elite rb speed power/hands might miss some time coming of ACL
9. Randy Gregory DE/LB 6’4 235 CH++ LOTT semi-finalistNebraska fluid/smooth
10. Brandon Scherff OT/G 6’5 310 CH+++ Iowa very strong lacks quickness to be a dominating LT but a great Guard

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
a new coach hitching his wagon to a 6th rd qb who hasn't been able to stay healthy in each of his last 2 years....ok

nfl stands for not for long and a new coach only gets a 2 year grace period....my 10 best prospects in this draft and if you look closely I'm leaving out a player most people consider a top 10 lock. CH stands for character give +/- score

1. Marcus Mariota QB Oregon 6’4 210 4.5 speed ok arm 27 fumbles CH+++ an alpha male/born leader
3. Kevin White WR 6’4 215 .4.35 West Virginia JC guy ..great hands, fluid a "Natural" Roy Hobbs type player
5.Danny Shelton NT/DT 6’2 332 CH+++ LOTT semi-finalistWashington massive0/1 tech works his butt off with great vision production
7.Vic Beasley LB Clemson 6’2 245 33 career sacks not as good as Von Miller but close
8. Todd Gurley RB 6’1 226 Georgia elite rb speed power/hands might miss some time coming of ACL
10. Brandon Scherff OT/G 6’5 310 CH+++ Iowa very strong lacks quickness to be a dominating LT but a great Guard

I agree about Tennessee. Trading away Mariota would be dumb.

I also disagree that Winston is not a topten player, but it is your list.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Gregory is way overrated, and he doesn't have good character at all. Easily one of the laziest players in this draft. Coasted on athletic ability alone. Has no position: too light of a frame and not nearly strong enough for defensive end, not nearly enough instincts and fluidity for linebacker - 3-4 or 4-3. I have Fowler, Beasley, Ray, Dupree, Orchard, Harold, and Golden rated way above him.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he fell out of the first round completely, and I'm going to laugh so hard if the Hags draft him as a Bruce Irvin replacement. Because he's even worse than Irvin is, if you can believe it.

And if Tennessee drafts a quarterback and lets their division rival get Leonard Williams, then they're more stupid than the Matt Millen-run Lions.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Just curious - Now that most the Combine is complete what does your top 10 list look like?

Mine would look something like this:

1) Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston
2) Tennessee - Marcus Mariota
3) Jacksonville - Leonard Williams
4) Oakland - Kevin White
5) Washington - Vic Beasley
6) New York Jets - Amari Cooper
7) Chicago Bears - Danny Shelton
8) Atlanta - Dante Fowler
9) New York Giants - Brandon Scherff
10) St. Louis Rams - Hoping for White, Cooper or Sherff but settle for DeVante Parker

I dunno that the Rams wouldn't be smart to sit tight and grab La'el Collins right there... That break down SCREAMS "Run on OL". Both QBs are gone and the top 2 WRs are gone. Other than Devante Parker, the next tier has a ways to wait. That puts 4 DL/LB in the top 10 with no DBs at all and other than maybe Marcus Peters, none likely in the top 20.

So, yeah, between 10 and 20? Looks like the perfect place for teams to get that "value" 1st round OT or OG. If the Rams become convinced that one is better than another, be he La'el Collins, Cam Erving or one of the other maybe 3-4 guys... they should just GET him because as we saw with Martin and Zack Fredricks, teams aren't farting around with OL anymore. If it's close, they'll pull the trigger on the OL if they think he's the solid pick now.

I totally agree that you don't say now to a Kevin White or Amari Cooper. And I wouldn't say no to DGB in the 2nd round IF the he checked out with the team. But short of that, I don't see enough depth in this draft to stockpile picks and potentially miss out on the guy you really want. Also, I think there's a significant drop off between the top tier OL and the 2nd tier. I think the depth across the board this year is just NOT there...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would be VERY surprised if Tennessee doesn't move down.

Winston and Marriotta going 1-2.