Up-Tempo is the key to the Rams offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The Rams look alot better when they work quicker. I am not talking about the run to line after the previous play and snap the ball. I mean the Rams got into a pattern of seemingly alot of the time hiking the ball with one or two seconds left on the clock. Goff was overthinking the defense. And the offense always seemed stagnant in that scenario as well as not very productive.

Worse yet it is my theory the longer it takes to snap the the ball the more of an advantage the Defense has. Maybe it is a tell that becomes apparent by a lineman sitting in a stance too long I am not sure but lately we are playing faster and overall it has a better rhythmic feel to to the offense.

The offense seems crisper, sharper, the decision making feels more just like playing football and less precision. Maybe Jared is processing everything faster or the offenses philosophy has changed to a degree.

Whatevervitvis, please keep up this uptempo up it has been one of the keys to our offenses success.

TexasRam

Legend
I agree. Our system and QB can be brutal when we are uptempo and the defense cant rest of reset.

One caveat, if we are facing a top defense like last years Bears or this years Steelers maybe, then it may have to be a grind it running game.

Like when the GSOT had to face the eagles and Martz had to actually run the ball to get past them. Sometimes even the best passing teams need to do that. Jared is 4th in passing yards can can air it out with the best of them. But sometimes you need to run first and grind it out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah it's nice to see up tempo. But really the resurgence isn't about speed, or McVay using Gurley more, or Goff, or whatever else we've seen discussed other than the OL playing better.

This line is playing very well. And all of a sudden everything looks amazing again. It's like magic. :D

TexasRam

Legend
Yeah it's nice to see up tempo. But really the resurgence isn't about speed, or McVay using Gurley more, or Goff, or whatever else we've seen discussed other than the OL playing better.

This line is playing very well. And all of a sudden everything looks amazing again. It's like magic. :D

Can't argue that. But I would say the constant bootlegs and rollouts neutralize the pass rush by forcing them to the wrong side of the field. And we do this so fast that it's like an up temp which combined with the quick snap has the defense spinning at times.

Then with a new Oline that is able to create some space in the run game, the whole offense now looks like its old self.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Good observation. I love when they stay in the huddle until 15 seconds left on the play clock and then everyone hustles to the line and they go with a quick count and they are off and running. The D has one chance to line up correctly and no audibles. This really stresses the assignments and communication of the D.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The Rams look alot better when they work quicker. I am not talking about the run to line after the previous play and snap the ball. I mean the Rams got into a pattern of seemingly alot of the time hiking the ball with one or two seconds left on the clock. Goff was overthinking the defense. And the offense always seemed stagnant in that scenario as well as not very productive.

Worse yet it is my theory the longer it takes to snap the the ball the more of an advantage the Defense has. Maybe it is a tell that becomes apparent by a lineman sitting in a stance too long I am not sure but lately we are playing faster and overall it has a better rhythmic feel to to the offense.

The offense seems crisper, sharper, the decision making feels more just like playing football and less precision. Maybe Jared is processing everything faster or the offenses philosophy has changed to a degree.

Whatevervitvis, please keep up this uptempo up it has been one of the keys to our offenses success.
This has always been the case with this offense