Universal Monsters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I've always been a huge fan of all the original Universal Monsters from the 1930's and 1940's , and their sequels

And now , with all the success that Marvel and Disney has had with their Marvel Expanded Universe movies

Universal wants to get in on the piece of the action , and plan on doing the same with rebooting all their old Monster movies and creating their own new expanded universe

First up will be The Mummy staring Tom Cruise , which comes out in June of next year I believe , and now word today comes that , the second Universal Monster movie will be The Invisible Man , staring Johnny Depp

I also read last Fall that Scarlett Johansson was linked to a New Creature Of The Black Lagoon movie , but it's been a while since I've heard anything else , so will have to wait and see on that one , but so far looks like Universal has got two of the biggest names in Hollywood lined up

Even though I'm excited about the news , that their going to reboot some of my favorite movies of all time , I'm also pretty worried , like most monster movies these days , they try and turn them in to CGI Action Adventure movies , which is what has me worried about these reboot , for the old classics are actually horror movies , which is what they should be

So I'm hoping they get it right

20091029_universal-monsters_33.jpg

invisible.jpg

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's already been a reboot of the Invisible Man

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think they will come anywhere near the success of the Marvel voiceovers. Monsters just don't have the overall appeal. The Mummy has been done, the Wolfman was very good with Benicio Del Torro, and Anthony Hopkins, and Interview with a Vampire was great too. But they just don't draw the interest like Real life Superheroes.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Annabelle Wallis is joining Tom Cruise and Sofia Boutella in next years The Mummy remake , I have no idea if it will be any good , but so far it's "looking" good..................lol

4cc0c795cf9b41cdddd3e1cd24b6bed4.jpg

tom-cruise-the-mummy-villain.jpg