United Airlines buys the naming rights to LA Memorial Coliseum(15 years/$70M)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
United Gets L.A. Coliseum Naming Rights In College-Record Deal
By Michael Smith & John Ourand

Published May 18, 2017

United Airlines is buying the naming rights to L.A. Memorial Coliseum for more than $70M over 15 years, according to sources, making it the richest naming-rights deal among college football stadiums. At $4.7M per year, United’s deal will surpass the 10-year, $41M deal Alaska Airlines signed with the Univ. of Washington for Husky Stadium naming rights in '15. Fox Sports, through its partnership with USC, has been attempting to sell naming rights to one of the nation’s most recognizable venues since '15.

The revenue from a naming-rights deal is expected to help offset costs of the $270M renovation to the Coliseum, school officials have said. The renovation, which is in the early stages, is supposed to be completed in time for the '19 football season. How United’s brand name will be attached is not clear, but school and Fox officials in the past have said “Memorial Coliseum” would be retained in the name.

Sources indicated that the contract has not yet been signed, but an agreement is in place. While Fox takes the lead on the sale, USC and Fox have been working in tandem to identify corporate candidates for a naming-rights deal. One of the reasons United emerged is because the airline's CEO, Oscar Munoz, is a graduate of the USC business school. L.A. Int’l Airport is one of United’s U.S. hubs.

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2017/05/18/United.aspx?

I dare someone to sit in the wrong seat :sneaky:

Thought it was thread worthy since it will be our home for longer than we all expected.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Can a stadium be overbooked? Honest question. I never would've guessed that flights could, so now I'm second guessing everything.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can a stadium be overbooked? Honest question. I never would've guessed that flights could, so now I'm second guessing everything.

All I know is if they ask you to get up you better comply lol

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
United Gets L.A. Coliseum Naming Rights In College-Record Deal
By Michael Smith & John Ourand

Published May 18, 2017

United Airlines is buying the naming rights to L.A. Memorial Coliseum for more than $70M over 15 years, according to sources, making it the richest naming-rights deal among college football stadiums. At $4.7M per year, United’s deal will surpass the 10-year, $41M deal Alaska Airlines signed with the Univ. of Washington for Husky Stadium naming rights in '15. Fox Sports, through its partnership with USC, has been attempting to sell naming rights to one of the nation’s most recognizable venues since '15.

The revenue from a naming-rights deal is expected to help offset costs of the $270M renovation to the Coliseum, school officials have said. The renovation, which is in the early stages, is supposed to be completed in time for the '19 football season. How United’s brand name will be attached is not clear, but school and Fox officials in the past have said “Memorial Coliseum” would be retained in the name.

Sources indicated that the contract has not yet been signed, but an agreement is in place. While Fox takes the lead on the sale, USC and Fox have been working in tandem to identify corporate candidates for a naming-rights deal. One of the reasons United emerged is because the airline's CEO, Oscar Munoz, is a graduate of the USC business school. L.A. Int’l Airport is one of United’s U.S. hubs.

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2017/05/18/United.aspx?

I dare someone to sit in the wrong seat :sneaky:

Thought it was thread worthy since it will be our home for longer than we all expected.
LOL! At first I thought this^^ was about the NEW Stadium! But it's not, this is for the Old L.A. Memorial Coliseum! After all these Decades they are going to rename it! WOW!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'm expecting a lot of knock down drag out games now.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Ancient coliseums were known for death, terror and mayhem. Now, UA wants to sponsor a modern coliseum?

New friendlier ushers?
newsEngin.16932375_lucille.jpg

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

Should be the name for the new Diggs since they're already not on time.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
LOL! At first I thought this^^ was about the NEW Stadium! But it's not, this is for the Old L.A. Memorial Coliseum! After all these Decades they are going to rename it! WOW!
I thought the same about it being the new stadium. Doubt anyone anywhere Is gonna call it anything but the Coliseum. Even if official name different.

Deadstock

Digital Designer
Name
Deadstock
So sick of naming rights now. Nothing can be untouched, now it's gonna be United Airlines Memorial Coliseum every fucking time there's a commercial break or they come back from commercial. You already know United will wanna just slap their logo everywhere around that place. Fuck United Airlines and screw the NBA with going on on stupid ad patches on the uniforms.