Uniforms: texture on the horns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I wouldn't mind them doing a matte look to the helmet, like the Vikings have done.
Vikings-Helmet-Bruce-Kluckhohn.jpg

Was having a hard time finding a good picture.

I also would be open to the idea to highlighting the horns. I'm not quite sure how it would look but putting a highlight line around part of the horn to help outline, maybe make it look beefier. Still keeping it simple though.

I think the matte look wouldn't be to bad as long as the horns were still glossy.

Or we could for half matte like the jags......:palm:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'v said it before, and I will say it again now...those look like dead potato bugs on the side of the helmet. Puke. No offense, it is just my opinion. I wouldn't mine seeing what a little shading/3D type of design would look like, but dear lord please no segmented "real looking" horns.
I agree that the design on a white helmet is ugly, but I think it works really well on the blue helmet quoted below.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like the idea of a throwback(solid white horn on blue helmet) but add a new touch by subtly highlighting(or outlining) the horn in gold or yellow.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I like the idea of a throwback(solid white horn on blue helmet) but add a new touch by subtly highlighting(or outlining) the horn in gold or yellow.

Or even black like the Vikings and Eagles do, it makes it pop a bit. White would be good with yellow and blue for sure.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
rethink the whole deal & go back to the '99 unis
train
70-90's uniforms as normal uniforms.
Blues and whites as throwbacks.
Millenium blue and gold into the museum, maybe alternating as throwbacks years down the line.

keepcalm.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree that the design on a white helmet is ugly, but I think it works really well on the blue helmet quoted below.

Yeah the gold horns on the blue helmet have a really nice look to them. More I look at them the more I like them in fact, wish I could see them from the front too as that is also important. In particular I like how the shape of them starts broad and tapers quickly, but it doesn't have to be that exact design, either. Not a big fan of the gaps in the horns, but that can be easily rectified while still maintaining the similar overall shape that I do like.

I'd like to see that same helm with the gaps much thinner and more frequent along the curve. I'll bet that would look amazing.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
70-90's uniforms as normal uniforms.
Blues and whites as throwbacks.
Millenium blue and gold into the museum, maybe alternating as throwbacks years down the line.

keepcalm.jpg
This.
Something about the blue and yellow.
It just looks great. No other teams uni comes close to it.
Would like to see the blue and whites a couple times a year.