Uniforms: texture on the horns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not the first time I've had this thought, but I wonder how the uniforms would look if they were to provide some shading on the horns themselves to give them a textured look as if they were real. With current tech I'm sure they could almost make them look like they're protruding from the helms.

Picturing it, seems like it would be the effin hotness...

A55VA6

Legend
I always thought this style would look badass..

rams-2.jpg

rams-clowney-3.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow indeed. That dark helm looks downright badass!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I love those helmets. Rams horns look like that. Prawns have little legs dangling under them and a fanned tail.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of all the things to change with the team, the helmets would be the last thing for me. Texture would muddy up the nice clean look of them.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Of all the things to change with the team, the helmets would be the last thing for me. Texture would muddy up the nice clean look of them.

I agree 100% with the first statement. Would have to see some textured concepts but agree right now.

Not a fan of those hornet looking helmets, think they are ugly.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I always thought this style would look badass..

rams-2.jpg

rams-clowney-3.jpg

I'v said it before, and I will say it again now...those look like dead potato bugs on the side of the helmet. Puke. No offense, it is just my opinion. I wouldn't mine seeing what a little shading/3D type of design would look like, but dear lord please no segmented "real looking" horns.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the simplicity of the horns, the two photo exampes used in this thread look like a Rorschach test to me

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I wouldn't mind them doing a matte look to the helmet, like the Vikings have done.
Vikings-Helmet-Bruce-Kluckhohn.jpg

Was having a hard time finding a good picture.

I also would be open to the idea to highlighting the horns. I'm not quite sure how it would look but putting a highlight line around part of the horn to help outline, maybe make it look beefier. Still keeping it simple though.

Not a fan of those hornet looking helmets, think they are ugly.
You are correct, it looks like a hornet.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I personally don't care for it. Call me Old, or Old Fashioned But..
george-allen_jack-snow_LA-Rams.jpg
imagesG0EJO48B.jpg
imagesNYB360OQ.jpg
Isaiha Robinson.jpg

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I chose this team as a kid because of the helmets. Blind loyalty ever since. Please don't touch the helmet.

Athos

Legend
Meh.

I'd prefer something more along the lines of this, both helmet and uniform. Maybe the "yellow/gold" tone would need tweaking first, but I'd dig these color combos. Kills the putrid blueberries for good.

nfcwrams.jpg

And I've taken a liking to splicing the old with a modern touch (the blue/white unis) into something like this.

1b0b44ca_display_image.png

Like it was said, those horns look like a crustacean or something.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Meh.

I'd prefer something more along the lines of this, both helmet and uniform. Maybe the "yellow/gold" tone would need tweaking first, but I'd dig these color combos. Kills the putrid blueberries for good.

nfcwrams.jpg

And I've taken a liking to splicing the old with a modern touch (the blue/white unis) into something like this.

1b0b44ca_display_image.png

Like it was said, those horns look like a crustacean or something.
I think it would be cool if they did a white outline highlight line around the horns. Similar to what it looks like on the pants. It would probably look best if the helmet was gold and the horn was blue with the white highlight.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
NFL logos are cartoony, and they should stay that way. If you step outside the box and head in the wrong direction, you end up with the new Buccaneer's uniforms.

Updating NFL uniforms is all about small changes. The Dolphins were headed in the right direction with the changes to their logo, but I think they F'd up the posture of the new Dolphin.

With that said
This is the best thing I've seen so far. Keep it simple, and get rid of the shit we hate, which as @Athos said, is the Blueberries. I'd love to see a Gold alternate jersey once or twice a year!

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
This is the best thing I've seen so far. Keep it simple, and get rid of the crap we hate, which as @Athos said, is the Blueberries. I'd love to see a Gold alternate jersey once or twice a year!
My only criticism of those is that I prefer the horn to have the cinnamon bun curl.

I think Gold is a hard color to make look good. I'm not sure if it would be tacky or cool to gold plate the jerseys and helmet.