Unexpected pluses I didn't see coming this season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
1) Attitude - Attitude - Attitude: I haven't seen such a positive group since TGSOT. Every interview it seems I see humble confidence and appreciation for the team as a whole from the vets, rookies, coaches, and GM alike. If there is anything that is tipping me from hope to confidence for a strong season, it's the attitude of the players and coaches.

2) Work Ethic: I haven't heard the Rams' players consistently talk so much about work ethic in awhile. It seems to permeate the team and to be more than just lip service.

3) Diversity: It seems planned and probably is. From Tavon to Cook to Jones to Ray Ray, it seems the coaches are intentionally putting a premium on players that can be moved around and also fill gaps.

4) Speed: This is what I'm most excited about for the O this season. I wonder if the Rams will field the fastest overall offense this year? Could be. This kind of speed is so hard to cover! Not only does it create separation but it allows for a quicker release reducing the impact of O line mistakes. If the Rams improved O line increases Bradford's time before release (2.8 seconds) and with this speed... very exciting possibilities.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This has the potential to be a very good offense, but we'll have to see how quickly everyone gets on the same page and how Schotty is able to utilize their individual strengths. I expect there to be a lot of low-risk, safe plays in the beginning with some vertical stuff to Cook and Givens mixed in. After everyone gets comfortable and begins to play as a single unit, this O should break out. Preseason will give us some glimpses, and I can't wait!

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I came to STL the year before the Rams. I decided since we were both newcomers, the Rams would be my new team. I'm one of those fans that watches every game of my favorite team every season and sometimes it's hard to explain to people why. This season is why. It's the first season I've had great expectations for at least a glimpse of great things to come in a long while and it's so exciting! It's worth so much more when you've seen their greatness in the past and suffered their decline.

Fair-weather fans confuse me. How is their success exciting if you have no idea what it took to get there? If you weren't frustrated by the struggle?

Last season was fun. Some blowouts against the Rams but mostly they were within striking range of winning.

Even if they don't out do last season in the W/L, I'm certain it's going to be exciting and 2014 could be powerhouse!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamzFanz said:
I came to STL the year before the Rams. I decided since we were both newcomers, the Rams would be my new team. I'm one of those fans that watches every game of my favorite team every season and sometimes it's hard to explain to people why. This season is why. It's the first season I've had great expectations for at least a glimpse of great things to come in a long while and it's so exciting! It's worth so much more when you've seen their greatness in the past and suffered their decline.

Fair-weather fans confuse me. How is their success exciting if you have no idea what it took to get there? If you weren't frustrated by the struggle?

Last season was fun. Some blowouts against the Rams but mostly they were within striking range of winning.

Even if they don't out do last season in the W/L, I'm certain it's going to be exciting and 2014 could be powerhouse!
I feel ya homie. :sure:

iced

I think year 2 will have some growing pains offensively, but it definitely won't compare to what we'll do in year 3 with everyone, all playmakers, being under the same system....

most importantly - god forbidding injuries, bradford should have his best year

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of the vertical game, the 3rd and short or 3rd and 5 plays, with the set of "hands" we have now, we may lead the league in 3rd down conversions.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
52 freaking sacks. I mean I was hopeful Quinn would be a double digit type guy, but man did that light flip on.

Immediate ROI on Jenkins.

Zuerlin nailing those long ones.

Pass pro near the end of the season.

jap

Legend
RamzFanz said:

Fair-weather fans march to the beat of a different drummer. These are the type of people who always attach themselves to the most popular people (at the moment!), to the winningest teams (at the moment!). When the going gets tough, they will never be there---for they are already looking to defect elsewhere wherever the grass is greener.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I never knew there were any other Ram fans until after the 1999 season....all of a sudden bang a mass explosion of GSOT fans I was even able to find Ram hats in some stores for a while...

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
jap grossly over estimating the energy level of fair weather fans:
Fair-weather fans march to the beat of a different drummer.

I don't know jap, most us us fair weather fans just kind of amble along. One of the reasons we're called fair weather fans is because we don't want to buck any head winds. Too much work. I'd enumerate even more examples but I'm off to take a nap. :snooze:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BonifayRam said:
I never knew there were any other Ram fans until after the 1999 season....all of a sudden bang a mass explosion of GSOT fans I was even able to find Ram hats in some stores for a while...

Tell me about it! I recall after the Rams won it all, going to Magic Mountain that summer, EVERYBODY wearing Rams gear. Went back to Magic Mountain a few years ago, not ONE Rams hat, jersey, nothing.

Interesting, how the public has it in their minds, to be "cool", you have to be associated with a winner. THE CURRENT winner! I will say this, I look at the Saints fans like true, long suffering, Rams fans. The Aint's were bad or middle of the road for so long, when they finally won it all, I was actually pretty happy for them.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
This has the potential to be a very good offense, but we'll have to see how quickly everyone gets on the same page and how Schotty is able to utilize their individual strengths. I expect there to be a lot of low-risk, safe plays in the beginning with some vertical stuff to Cook and Givens mixed in. After everyone gets comfortable and begins to play as a single unit, this O should break out. Preseason will give us some glimpses, and I can't wait!

I have this feeling that they are going to go into 5th gear from the first snap and there won't be any easing into it. They have been working very hard, and everyone has mentioned it like RF just said so I think they line up and go full speed. There will of course be mistakes and penalties and some "oh man that was sooooo close" type of plays like one would expect, but I don't see them leaving the training wheels on once the season opens.

I think Fisher is going to come out gun ablaze so everyone notices and gets shocked :whome?: . I'd love to see something like we saw in 1999 where everyone, fans, media, other teams....were all just shaking heads and saying "WTF is going on here"? I want to see some media coverage because the Rams O is putting up highlight type plays!!! (I'm greedy like that)