Under the radar targets for Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This video does not speculate the Rams, but the positions could be positions of need for the Rams.

Could the Rams have interest in; G Andy Levitre 26yrs old (Bills) and S Glover Quin 27yrs old (Texans)

[nfl]0ap2000000146198[/nfl]

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Andy Levitre would be a great signing...Just what the Rams need and his age is perfect. IMO the Rams will focus on keeping their own, but they could add two free agents and an OL of Levitre background would be a great start and then they could focus on playmakers in the early rounds of the draft.

However, my number one goal in free agency would be guard Louis Vasquez of the Chargers...No holding calls last year and is 6-5 335lbs and 25. This is the move I would make because this guy would be a LG for a very long time.

jap

Legend
den-the-coach said:
Andy Levitre would be a great signing...Just what the Rams need and his age is perfect. IMO the Rams will focus on keeping their own, but they could add two free agents and an OL of Levitre background would be a great start and then they could focus on playmakers in the early rounds of the draft.

However, my number one goal in free agency would be guard Louis Vasquez of the Chargers...No holding calls last year and is 6-5 335lbs and 25. This is the move I would make because this guy would be a LG for a very long time.

Exactly! Give poor Coach Bou a break for once, especially after the miracles he performed last season.

Let's load up with WR's, a TE, some safeties, a OLB, and maybe another penetrating DT.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
den-the-coach said:

:good1:

fearsomefour

Legend
"The San Diego Chargers have reached out to impending free-agent OT Louis Vasquez (Chargers), a player that is expected to make $6 million annually in 2013 and beyond. It is unknown if new general manager Tom Telesco and new head coach Mike McCoy want to rebuild the offensive line with young players or grab a proven, quality, yet unspectacular player such as Vasquez."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/feb/09/Chargers-free-agency-roster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/feb ... cy-roster/</a>

That quote is from the San Diego Union. The fact that the article has Vasquez listed as a T and not a G makes one wonder how informed the writer is. Also, anyone familiar with the Union is not terribly surprised by the mistake. That said, I would suspect Vasquez to demand good money, particulary given his young age. Being able to address one of our needs via free agency would take some of the pressure off of those early picks in the draft and allow the team to really target players instead of positions of need. If the Rams use the trigger in JLs contract to free up about $9M and use that money to sign Vasquez and resign a guy or two (either Amendola or Hayes and Turner) they could even cut H Dahl and still have upgraded the line. Another post had laid out how the Rams could pretty easiy end up about 20M below the cap by the start of FA. If you remove the cutting of Harvey Dahl and Mikkel from that process (total $7M of the $20M) the $13M that is left could be used to bring in a guy like Vasquez and a S. Even a second tier guy like Delmus teamed with Mikkel gives a much better tandem than have Craig Dahl back there. Having Saffold, Vasquez, Wells and Dahl in the fold up front before the draft certainly gets rid of the need to use a high pick on OL.

The question is if the Rams get that far under the cap how is the money better spent? Bringing Jackson back for one or two years or signing a potential stud that could be a part of the line for years? I hate to say it, but, pretty simple answer. Bring back Amendola isent as clear to me if the choice is Danny or a solid vet S. I would rather bring Amendola back.

Interesting off season that is for sure. It has been a while since other teams have wanted any of our guys.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saffold, Dahl, Wells... Assuming we want to budget and resign Saffold next year I'm not sure the Rams can afford more $ allocated to the Oline.

At some point we need some youth to step up on the cheap; Rok, S Smith, etc. Or a 2013 draft pick.

Thats what I think.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
CGI_Ram said:
Saffold, Dahl, Wells... Assuming we want to budget and resign Saffold next year I'm not sure the Rams can afford more $ allocated to the Oline.

At some point we need some youth to step up on the cheap; Rok, S Smith, etc. Or a 2013 draft pick.

Thats what I think.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you. Gotta think that Wells certainly won't reach the end of his 4 year deal...maybe not even past this year. I could see Turner coming back as a reserve this year and taking the job in '14. Dahl could be facing the chopping block before the season starts. It seems OL is the only area not in line with the youth movement. I'd expect that to change after the 2013 season.

Simba

Rookie
Levitre is talking with the Bills and he is asking 8 M.$ per year.I like him too much, but we haven't so much money to spend ...

fearsomefour

Legend
I certainly dont disagree with drafting Oline. At some point they need to fill holes on the Oline however. If Dahl is cut and Turner (his real value being that he has proven he can be solid starting and depth at C) isent brought back that leaves a terribly thin line. I love the idea of Rok, Smith, Barksdale stepping up and developing into good starters. I think one or maybe more is capable of it, but, there is nothing in terms of on the field production to say it will happen. This offseason is really a key one....arent they all?
I guess the prospect of coming in next year without Jackson, Amendola, Dahl and Turner spells major setback to me. Not because any of them are really carrying the O but because of the overall downgrade across the board. If the idea is to get younger then we are looking at a least a couple of more years of watching the playoffs from the outside. So be it. Snead had a quote on one of the other posts about trying to build a talent base in 3 years. Clearly, not looking for overnight fixes, which is good. It will just be hard to see progress and then regression as young guys find their way.