Under The Radar FA Targets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
From what I've read & heard, Freeman was late to or missed meetings, struggled to learn the playbook, was having some issues with some medications he was talking. And this came via his stops in Tampa and Minnesota.

The missed meetings are bull. The issues with learning the playbook are real. He is not a 2-3 week savant. He needs a good off season or full year. The medications issue was the result of a bullshit coach wanting to go with Glennon. He had and probably still has a attention a disorder that he "Voluntary" reported and agreed to tratment and participation in the testing program".

It was private until the coach, for wahtever reason leaked it. Same sort of deal with Revis. His character and worth ethic were trashed for no reason. All he had to say was " I do not want him or I can use him in my system". He (coach) was not strong. How do you go from giving him a multi year contrack worth $60-70 mil to nothing and at the time you are winning and signing big time FAs for big dollars..

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Josh Freeman, unemployed QB.

26-27 years old. No significant injury history. On the cusp before the idiot 2- year coach (from Syracuse) through him under the bus. NFL arm, good accuracy. Great size with above average mobility. Sign him cheap on a "make it deal" before OTAs to give him a chance to learn the system. If he does not pan out then, draft a QB early.

No way. That guys is a loser. He showed up high and late to his own fund raising event. Freak that idea.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The missed meetings are bull. The issues with learning the playbook are real. He is not a 2-3 week savant. He needs a good off season or full year. The medications issue was the result of a bullcrap coach wanting to go with Glennon. He had and probably still has a attention a disorder that he "Voluntary" reported and agreed to tratment and participation in the testing program".

It was private until the coach, for wahtever reason leaked it. Same sort of deal with Revis. His character and worth ethic were trashed for no reason. All he had to say was " I do not want him or I can use him in my system". He (coach) was not strong. How do you go from giving him a multi year contrack worth $60-70 mil to nothing and at the time you are winning and signing big time FAs for big dollars..

How do you know so much about Freemen when you don't know the coaches name? I have read enough from one poster on here that lives in Tampa to believe all of the negative stuff about Freeman. And if it was all the coaches fault (Schiano) then why isn't Freeman a star in Minnesota. Freeman has serious issues and that is not a good thing for a QB. On top of that if he has ADD or ADHD and it is not treated there is no way he could pull off being an NFL QB. Even if it is treated it would be very difficult. My step son has ADHD and he struggles with learning in school every year and I end up translating all of his studies into process and situations that he encounters in daily life, just so he can understand.

Either way I can see the allure with physical traits but the head has to be right, especially at QB. Right now I think the Rams have too many of the 80% athlete, 20% football player types starting. They don't need one leading the group.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes me sad that we're desperate enough at QB that Josh Freeman could be considered a solution.

My under the radar FAs are:
1. Clint Boling OL Cincinnati
2. Pernell McPhee DL Baltimore
3. Mason Foster SLB/ILB Tampa Bay

Memphis Ram

Legend
The missed meetings are bull. The issues with learning the playbook are real. He is not a 2-3 week savant. He needs a good off season or full year. The medications issue was the result of a bullcrap coach wanting to go with Glennon. He had and probably still has a attention a disorder that he "Voluntary" reported and agreed to tratment and participation in the testing program".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-qb-josh-freeman-wasnt-ready-to-play/4269041/

Four people with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports that Freeman was late for numerous meetings in his roughly three months with the Vikings. A third player said Freeman often was among the last players to the facility.

One of Freeman's agents, Erik Burkhardt, said "anything about meetings or missing anything is false," and the only issue was Freeman played too soon.

One of his agents agrees with you, but it would be strange if an agent said otherwise.

Anyway, it concerns me that he couldn't even complete 55% of his passes with Mike Williams, Vincent Jackson, and Dallas Clark and a strong rushing attack (Doug Martin ran for almost 1500 yards), but I say the more the merrier.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Reports were bullshit. Never flunked a coke, dope or meth test. ADD. Got hung up in the strange early testing. Self reported and voluntarily went to testing with NO push from the league. Check your facts before youe start talking about coke meth or weed.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I heard Freeman was kidnapped by aliens and they dropped him off late to meetings. No meth or coke. Just alien sh*t. Count me out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Reports were bullcrap. Never flunked a coke, dope or meth test. ADD. Got hung up in the strange early testing. Self reported and voluntarily went to testing with NO push from the league. Check your facts before youe start talking about coke meth or weed.

You are very defensive regarding Freeman. It sounds as if you have some personal investment to defend him so vociferously. Why care so much? Just don't want to be wrong? That is a tough position to take regarding Freeman because there have been numerous reports about his situation over the last few years. So many reports that the word of one forum poster is not enough to supplant the mountains of negative reports already out there.

BTW Schiano may have failed in the NFL but he is a good college coach. Anyone who can bring Rutgers to respectability has coaching ability and even Moreso he regularly put players into the NFL which is tough to do at a small private college. He is also good friends with Bellicheck and Saban. Bellicheck drafted Schianos entire secondary a few years ago. He develops players and garners respect from peers. He has more credibility that Freeman.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's another that I would love to see here.

S Will Hill

Hill's off the field issues are well documented but when he's been on the field, he's been outstanding. I thought McLeod improved, but if Hill can keep his nose clean, he's got the talent to be one of the best in the game.

His off-field problems will likely keep him from landing a long-term deal, and I don't know if the Ravens held onto him with Matt Elam and Terrance Brooks in their defensive backfield.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
You are very defensive regarding Freeman. It sounds as if you have some personal investment to defend him so vociferously. Why care so much? Just don't want to be wrong? That is a tough position to take regarding Freeman because there have been numerous reports about his situation over the last few years. So many reports that the word of one forum poster is not enough to supplant the mountains of negative reports already out there.

BTW Schiano may have failed in the NFL but he is a good college coach. Anyone who can bring Rutgers to respectability has coaching ability and even Moreso he regularly put players into the NFL which is tough to do at a small private college. He is also good friends with Bellicheck and Saban. Bellicheck drafted Schianos entire secondary a few years ago. He develops players and garners respect from peers. He has more credibility that Freeman.

Yes I am defensive. Good college coaches do not succeed in he NFL. They have to be great. Where did the (players go (teams?) How many years?
Such a good coach he failed to utilized Revis Island. Look at the TB talent he walk into and what he did with it. He got fired for a reason.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Makes me sad that we're desperate enough at QB that Josh Freeman could be considered a solution.

My under the radar FAs are:
1. Clint Boling OL Cincinnati
2. Pernell McPhee DL Baltimore
3. Mason Foster SLB/ILB Tampa Bay
Really liked him coming out of school too. Can't believe his contract is up already! Seems like a guy that Lovie would keep around if he could though.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Kenny Britt WR
Brandon Flowers CB
Terrence Cody DT
Mason Foster ILB
James Carpenter G
Doug Free OT
Jake Locker QB

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really liked him coming out of school too. Can't believe his contract is up already! Seems like a guy that Lovie would keep around if he could though.

Doesn't fit the defense. They're trying to use him as a Cover 2 MLB. He's more of a thumper. Good fit for a 4-3 SLB role as a run defender.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Josh Freeman, unemployed QB.

the problem with freeman was he spent way more time studying the girls at strip clubs than the playbook his team paid him millions to learn and master.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
You know that Freeman has to be a major problem child for the QB starved NFL to have dropped him already. I guess that washing out at two teams is a black mark on your record.
He was talented when he was playing though.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Why would we want the Rams to sign an OL that is "overwhelmed" at pass protection?
Barksdale needs replaced. He would be OK off the bench.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would we want the Rams to sign an OL that is "overwhelmed" at pass protection?
Barksdale needs replaced. He would be OK off the bench.
The idea is that Newton should be better in pass pro as a guard. His run blocking has been very impressive.

Also Barksdale is perfectly adequate without a turnstile playing next to him.

fearsomefour

Legend
1....Virgil Green TE, if Kenricks leaves he could be a great replacement. Athletic as hell. Denver will be scrambling with their list of bigger name FA. Green is a quality player.

2....Dan Skuta....LB, very good ST player and would improve the LB depth, solid vet, weakens SF.

3....Rich Ohrnberger C....Chargers have three FA Cs. Ohrnberger has been solid when I have seen him play. Like a lot of Cs he is a bit undersized and can get overpowered at times. But shouldn't cost much and can compete for a starting role or provide depth if the Rams decide that they don't have the answer at C already on the roster.