um Touches?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Did you watch the game? Can't run the ball when your behind by many scores. The Tre Mason fumble started a shitslide. As Jim Lahey would say.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
They gave up on the run game way too early! Gurley is the best offensive player and he cant make a difference if he isn't getting the ball.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Did you watch the game? Can't run the ball when your behind by many scores. The Tre Mason fumble started a shitslide. As Jim Lahey would say.

Gurley still should've gotten more touches. He's way more likely to break of a big play than the passing game. His yards per game just took a big dip.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Until this team learns to not commit penalties and convert 3rd downs it will be very hard to get Gurley touches. As it is the only way he can guarantee a 2nd touch on a possesion is to get a 1st down himself otherwise it is 3 and out.

SierraRam

Recreational User

Philosopher, Jim Lahey
upload_2015-11-15_14-12-51.jpeg

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Team stacked the box and told the Rams that Foles was going to have to beat them, Fisher genuinely believed he could.

The end result was a surprise only to Fisher and the Rams.

Big Willie

Starter
Gurley 12 touches. Nick Foles 33 pass attempts.
What happened?
In the opening drive the team seemed to try and set up the run with the pass as they passed a significant amount. After that, it appeared they were trying to establish the run on first and second down but all the runs were short. Then, third down.....and we've all seen the Rams cannot make first downs. To me, this third down issue is the cause of Gurley not getting more touches. We simply cannot sustain drives. If you run twice and get 3 yards per carry and a holding call....you end up in third and long. Bad passes, more penalties, drops by WRs and your drive is stopped after 3rd down. Gurley's success has come on big runs and he has yet to consistently get 4 yards or more on each carry. Not his fault, it's more a function of a bad OL and inconsistent blocking.

FRO

Legend
I disagree and I feel Gurley needs 20 touches a game. We need to use him more in the pass game. More screens. Try to get him in space. He is our best player. Get. Him. The. Ball.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Bears ranked #25 Rushing defense. But gurley only gets 12 carries?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense

Something tells me there is more of a problem with the coaches then the players.
So wasn't this what you meant to say in your first post in this thread?

In any case, the first drive worked which was a good blend of passing and running with Gurley catching a nice pass over the middle. The play design was a good blend with Gurley being very much part of the picture even with Chicago stacking the box. Then the wheels fell off on both sides of the ball.

I suppose some could say we abandoned the run game too early but we also were not stopping the Bears while down two TDs. The biggest plays on our opening drive were passes that Foles couldn't seem to hit after that drive. A Mason Fumble didn't help.

All in all, I would say this was a game where I can seriously point to a total lack of execution by the players. Two easy TDs given up by the defense and a Mason fumble combined with horrendous passing made this a game where I would not point at the coaching except that I would have benched Foles at half time.

The game plan looked really good. The execution was awful after the first drive.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have to politely disagree with this^!! Not the way Gurrrrrrley has proven he can rack-up yards in the 2nd half of games!!! JMHO

DenverRam

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i guess i just believe, unless you are down 21 pts in the 4th quarter, then you never abandon the run.

Especially with TG in the backfield.

Going pass heavy early when down, just lets the D pin their ears back. And makes it even harder on a young o line to pass protect