ufc 184 rousey in 14 seconds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ronda rousey beats cat zingano in 14 seconds with a side armbar to remain the champ and undefeated. zingano rushed her at the start and ronda quickly reversed the position and set the armbar on her. just wow.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I was actually thinking, before it started that cat would fight smart, that she would lay back and look for an opportunity, try to take some shots.

Then the bell rang and Cat rushed her and it was over.

I feel terrible for Cat. But I'm not sure what she was trying to do.

Ronda has no competition.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was actually thinking, before it started that cat would fight smart, that she would lay back and look for an opportunity, try to take some shots.

Then the bell rang and Cat rushed her and it was over.

I feel terrible for Cat. But I'm not sure what she was trying to do.

Ronda has no competition.

post fight interview cat said she wanted to hit ronda with a flying knee and surprise her. SURPRISE !!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel like if Rousey wants to get a major fight, she's going to have to start fighting guys...which will never happen. But I just don't think there's a woman who can beat her.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I get the feeling that Cat knew she'd screwed up badly--in some way underestimated Ronda maybe, and desperately wanted a redo on the whole thing.

I don't see it being much different.

Ronda is just far better than any of her likely opponents. Until she gets too old or some young fighter emerges, I don't know how they sell the fights other than, "Come watch Ronda kick ass again!"

Holly Holm? I don't think so.

A fight with Cyborg would be big but I'm not sure it ever happens. Weight class issues, PED issues.

But if it does happen somehow, it would be a huge fight.

There's really not much else right now.

Athos

Legend
Woman is an animal.

Could probably crush your head between her thighs. Probably is true that the only competition she really would have would have to come from men these days.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I am enamored with this chick. Ronda could single handily put UFC on the level of the NFL, NBA, etc. with her popularity. I admit I'm not much of a UFC person, but I'm getting more interested in it b/c of her.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couple of thoughts on this
The shame with Rousey's lack of competition is that they rushed this fight.
Cat missed a year and a half and only had 1 fight since coming back. Could have used another tune up but they needed a main event.
Also, the result was so pathetic that it will be real hard to sell a rematch. Had Cat made it a round or two, it would have been a no brainer.
I suppose they could try to sell a Rousey/Taint III but with Rhonda winning both matches so convincingly, I dont see it.
The only fight out there for Rousey would be if they could get a match with Cris Cyborg, but for a multitude of reasons it wont happen.
Lastly, Rousey really did herself a huge disservice in her appearance on the Ultimate Fighter. She came off really poor. Low class, poor sport. Miesha Taint on the other hand came out of that looking real good and endeared herself to fight fans (myself included)
End of the day, I dont think there's even a man on the planet that could beat her at that weight. She is so talented.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wtf. No sexy pics?

This is a really bad offseason

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wtf. No sexy pics?

This is a really bad offseason
In the ring
5d58ac647824038b7e81f902965ba181_crop_north.jpg

Outside the ring...

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Couple of thoughts on this
The shame with Rousey's lack of competition is that they rushed this fight.
Cat missed a year and a half and only had 1 fight since coming back. Could have used another tune up but they needed a main event.
Also, the result was so pathetic that it will be real hard to sell a rematch. Had Cat made it a round or two, it would have been a no brainer.
I suppose they could try to sell a Rousey/Taint III but with Rhonda winning both matches so convincingly, I dont see it.
The only fight out there for Rousey would be if they could get a match with Cris Cyborg, but for a multitude of reasons it wont happen.
Lastly, Rousey really did herself a huge disservice in her appearance on the Ultimate Fighter. She came off really poor. Low class, poor sport. Miesha Taint on the other hand came out of that looking real good and endeared herself to fight fans (myself included)
End of the day, I dont think there's even a man on the planet that could beat her at that weight. She is so talented.

The only fight I think they have really is Rousey/Taint again. At least Miesha was able to make it last awhile.

I know they're kinda pushing Holly Holm but she's not close to ready for this.

With the history of Miesha and Ronda it will draw interest--no matter what happens.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3550849/cover-miesha-Taint-fitness-gurls.jpg
Ronda-Rousey-585x342.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only fight I think they have really is Rousey/Taint again. At least Miesha was able to make it last awhile.

I know they're kinda pushing Holly Holm but she's not close to ready for this.

With the history of Miesha and Ronda it will draw interest--no matter what happens.
Rousey has beaten Taint twice already though. Not sure the upside for Rhonda.
Need Cyborg to straighten her act out

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Rousey is a beast no doubt, but she's also an industry now and Dana White is handling her.

She used to compete at 145, so the idea that she can't do a mega fight with the now clean Invicta Champ Chris Cyborg (she's not Cyborg anymore, but I don't know the spelling of her maiden name) is ridiculous.

Fighters fight. The only legit competition for Rousey is Cyborg. So do the damn fight. Losing didn't hurt Gina Carano's film career. So if the plan is to ride this wave into a film career and all that, then fine.

But fighters fight and when there's a challenge out there to be had and it's not taken up, that's ducking any way you slice it. I don't want to hear about PEDs (that was likely her husbands doing as he's a real piece of work and she's been testing clean since she divorced him) and I dont want to hear about weight because a catch weight bout at 140 would be NOTHING for Rousey, but anyone who's ever cut weight knows those last few pounds can be hard to impossible and put a fighter at risk.

I like Rousey. I don't like that they're setting her up to be another Mayweather where everyone knows how good he is, but he always seems to be fighting guys who have no real shot. Other than Moseley's surprise in the 2nd, he hasn't really been tested since Judah. /yawn

Fighters can't be these huge personalities and then get to blame their promotions for why they can't fight the people they need to be fighting.

Mayweather is finally fighting Pacquaio five years too late. They gonna wait until Cyborg is 40 before they make this fight?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rousey is a beast no doubt, but she's also an industry now and Dana White is handling her.

She used to compete at 145, so the idea that she can't do a mega fight with the now clean Invicta Champ Chris Cyborg (she's not Cyborg anymore, but I don't know the spelling of her maiden name) is ridiculous.

Fighters fight. The only legit competition for Rousey is Cyborg. So do the damn fight. Losing didn't hurt Gina Carano's film career. So if the plan is to ride this wave into a film career and all that, then fine.

But fighters fight and when there's a challenge out there to be had and it's not taken up, that's ducking any way you slice it. I don't want to hear about PEDs (that was likely her husbands doing as he's a real piece of work and she's been testing clean since she divorced him) and I dont want to hear about weight because a catch weight bout at 140 would be NOTHING for Rousey, but anyone who's ever cut weight knows those last few pounds can be hard to impossible and put a fighter at risk.

I like Rousey. I don't like that they're setting her up to be another Mayweather where everyone knows how good he is, but he always seems to be fighting guys who have no real shot. Other than Moseley's surprise in the 2nd, he hasn't really been tested since Judah. /yawn

Fighters can't be these huge personalities and then get to blame their promotions for why they can't fight the people they need to be fighting.

Mayweather is finally fighting Pacquaio five years too late. They gonna wait until Cyborg is 40 before they make this fight?
Cyborg needs to get to 135, they only have 2 weight class in UFC 135 and 115

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Cyborg is too big to get to 135. Have you seen her at 145 from her last fight? Where's she supposed to drop 10 lbs from?

As opposed to Rousey who could easily add 5 lbs and agree to a catch weight of 140.

What's Rousey's option? More waste of time fights against fighters not in her class or the fight that should have been the fight all along if Mr Cyborg hadn't been a cheating douche...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cyborg is too big to get to 135. Have you seen her at 145 from her last fight? Where's she supposed to drop 10 lbs from?

As opposed to Rousey who could easily add 5 lbs and agree to a catch weight of 140.

What's Rousey's option? More waste of time fights against fighters not in her class or the fight that should have been the fight all along if Mr Cyborg hadn't been a cheating douche...

Maybe UFC should add a 145 weight class, give Rhonda a new group of ladies to slay.

Ultimate Fighter was pretty good when UFC brought in the Invicta ladies and gave the 115# title to the winner

tough looking group of featherweights on the roster right now
http://invictafc.com/featherweight/

howski3318

Rookie
I'd assume they will attempt to potentially add more weight classes to the women's some day but they may be waiting to build the 115 a bit more first. There will just be the first title defense tomorrow and haven't seen a significant amount of undercard fights from that class yet. Sustainability may be difficult past a Cyborg fight while the other is building (granted I know very little of the popularity of athletes outside of the UFC).

Also aren't they trying some kind of program competition in Ultimate Fighter?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd assume they will attempt to potentially add more weight classes to the women's some day but they may be waiting to build the 115 a bit more first. There will just be the first title defense tomorrow and haven't seen a significant amount of undercard fights from that class yet. Sustainability may be difficult past a Cyborg fight while the other is building (granted I know very little of the popularity of athletes outside of the UFC).

Also aren't they trying some kind of program competition in Ultimate Fighter?
Not sure I understand the question.
The last "season" of UF was the 115 women and the winner of the show won the belt.
Some tough women for sure.
Inicta FC has 5 divisions, UFC 2
I agree they need to build the 115 class so I dont think they need to add lower weight.
But if they want to build on their brand, having a 145 class would make sense. They could build the Rousey/Cyborg hype and have Miesha Taint get a shot at the 135 title
I'd watch a TUF series for women at 145.