UFC 182: Jones vs. Cormier

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
This could be a great fight but until I see someone beat Jones, I have to believe he'll win.

I never saw the Gustafsson fight and I know Jones was in trouble there.

He could be in bigger trouble now.

Still, I'm sticking with Jon Jones to win.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This could be a great fight but until I see someone beat Jones, I have to believe he'll win.

I never saw the Gustafsson fight and I know Jones was in trouble there.

He could be in bigger trouble now.

Still, I'm sticking with Jon Jones to win.

Yea, he's really been unbelievable.. even his one "loss" was a win. He destroyed Hamill

you have to watch the Gustafsson fight man it was awesome. classic 5 round war

the only thing that worries me is that he tries some crazy shit that could leave him open to get caught.. he hasn't fought anyone that hits as hard as Cormier.. maybe Rampage.. so it'll definitely be interesting

I'm pulling for Jones though

Rams0307

I'm thinking Jones will win, but I've been wanting to see these two guys fight for two years now.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
here we gooooo!!!!!!!!! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Jon Jones is so difficult to fight.

He's got the long reach and long kicks, he hits you from so many different angles and his wrestling takes a back seat to no one.

I give DC credit for the effort--he TRIED so hard to take him down(and did once)and he tried to close the gap but once Jones took control and they got against the cage, DC didn't have many answers.

I can guess they'll fight again--but I really think that DC will have to find a way to knock him out to win the thing.

And that ain't easy.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Jon Jones is so difficult to fight.

He's got the long reach and long kicks, he hits you from so many different angles and his wrestling takes a back seat to no one.

I give DC credit for the effort--he TRIED so hard to take him down(and did once)and he tried to close the gap but once Jones took control and they got against the cage, DC didn't have many answers.

I can guess they'll fight again--but I really think that DC will have to find a way to knock him out to win the thing.

And that ain't easy.

I think Rumble's got a better chance to do it if he gets past Gustaffson

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jon Jones is a freak. I dont know what's next for him. Cormier couldnt even put him down. I thought the fight wa a bit unfair for DC, knowing he'd have to win twice, but in the end Jones outclassed him.
Maybe he'll move up to heavyweight?

howski3318

Rookie
Looking at the top contenders in the LHW division, I don't really see anyone that could beat him. Maybe he will go against Cain. Would definitely be an interesting fight.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Looking at the top contenders in the LHW division, I don't really see anyone that could beat him. Maybe he will go against Cain. Would definitely be an interesting fight.

that one would scare me.. Cain's a freakin animal

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I don't follow UFC, but this just popped up on my phone and I thought it'd be relevant:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...into-a-drug-treatment-facility-214520325.html

LAS VEGAS – UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones announced Tuesday that he has entered a drug treatment facility.

The announcement came just days after Jones defeated Daniel Cormier on Saturday in the main event of UFC 182 at the MGM Grand Garden in a five-round decision that left many considering him as the greatest mixed martial arts fighter of all time.

But in a random drug test given to him on Dec. 4 by the Nevada Athletic Commission, Jones tested positive for benzoylecgonine, the main metabolite in cocaine.

The Nevada commission follows the World Anti-Doping Agency code and benzoylecgonine is not banned out-of-competition. As a result, the commission was unable to penalize Jones or prevent him from fighting despite knowing of the positive test.

It conducted a follow-up test later in December that Jones passed. Yahoo Sports was unable to get the exact date of the second test that Jones passed.

Jones released a statement to Yahoo Sports through his attorney acknowledging his problem.

"With the support of my family, I have entered into a drug treatment facility. I want to apologize to my fiancée, my children, as well as my mother, father, and brothers for the mistake that I made. I also want to apologize to the UFC, my coaches, my sponsors and equally important to my fans. I am taking this treatment program very seriously. Therefore, at this time my family and I would appreciate privacy."
The UFC had no immediate comment.

Francisco Aguilar, the commission chairman, had little to say. He said the commission is going to discuss out-of-competition drug tests at its next meeting and whether to break from the WADA code in similar situations.

"I am pleased that Mr. Jones is addressing this issue and seeking help for his problem," Aguilar said.

The test given to Jones was analyzed for anabolic agents, peptide hormones, growth factors and related substances, beta-2 agonists, hormone and metabolic modulators, diuretics and other masking agents, stimulants, narcotics, canabinoids and glucocorticosteroids.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
yep just saw that. unbelievable.

doin blow and still smashin contenders.. beast :ROFLMAO:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its unreal that an illegal drug is NOT on the banned substance list.