UDFA Update/Information?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Now that the Rams Draft is complete (And, I will admit that at first I was not too excited about their picks but I have come to think they actually did have an overall good & productive draft!) can I ask some Rams Fans if you can share which UDFA's you would like to see the Rams target and what you think about the one's they do sign throughout the rest of this weekend? I am guessing they will sign at least a couple of interesting UDFA's who will at least have a chance at making the Rams final roster.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Al-Hajj Shabazz please. That's all I'll ever ask for.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Would you want Shabazz as a corner or would you move him to safety @Memento ?

I love this kid as a corner, but he can play safety as well. Just look at what he did during the NFLPA Bowl (like the East/West Shrine Bowl, except in Los Angeles). Six throws to his side, and none of them went for a first down or a touchdown. Coached by Martz, Green, Reed, and Hakim. They love this kid.

Wouldn't mind Gavin Lutman either, but Shabazz is the guy I really want. I'm really hoping that we get this kid because I think that he could make a Gaines-like impact in his first year.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which UDFA do you think makes the Rams final roster? The only one I feel pretty good about is the Safety Jacob Hagen but I also think DT Louis Trinca-Pasat and CB Imoan Claiborne will have a good chance to at least make the Rams Practice Squad if not actually make the Rams final roster.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Which UDFA do you think makes the Rams final roster? The only one I feel pretty good about is the Safety Jacob Hagen but I also think DT Louis Trinca-Pasat and CB Imoan Claiborne will have a good chance to at least make the Rams Practice Squad if not actually make the Rams final roster.

Louis Trinca-Pasat is going to make the final roster as a fourth defensive tackle. The guy was even more productive and consistently good than his counterpart, Carl Davis, who went ahead on measurables. LTP doesn't have the measurables that people want, but he has the heart.

Don't be surprised to see Imoan Claiborne usurp Davis' position at free safety and also moonlight as a cornerback. Too talented to put on the practice squad without someone snatching him up. And we badly, badly need defensive backs after this year (as Jenkins, Johnson, and McLeod could all be gone).

Isiah Ferguson is a guy with big size, speed, great body control, hands, and huge potential. He fielded offers from DI teams such as Bowling Green before headed to a D2 team in Arkansas State Pine Bluff out of JUCO (he was able to play football instead of graduating high school, due to being held back because of constantly moving from place to place when he was fifteen. And you can't play high school football after eighteen.)

Do not be shocked to see Matt Longacre make the practice squad. At 6'3", 270 lbs., he is the all time leader at his school in career sacks, career tackles for a loss, and career forced fumbles. He patterns his game after Jared Allen.
http://bearcatsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1838
http://www.chiefsdigest.com/northwest-missouri-states-matt-longacre-waits-for-chance-at-next-level/

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
NFL.com compared him to Chris Ogbonnaya. Capable third down back, but we already have Cunningham in that slot.

Agree & I also thought Watts did a great job backing up Benny so I just do not see the need. But he is suppose to have a very special knack at pass blocking.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

View: https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/595276686826045441

Louis Trinca-Pasat | Defensive Lineman
Team: St. Louis Rams
Age / DOB: (23) / 9/7/1991
Ht / Wt: 6'1' / 290
College: Iowa

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10805/louis-trinca-pasat

Rams signed Iowa DT Louis Trinca-Pasat.
Trinca-Pasat (6'1/290) made 38 starts for the Hawkeyes, compiling 23.5 career tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks and two fumble recoveries. He was voted second-team All-Big 10 by the conference's coaches as a senior. A good athlete for his squatty size, "LTP" ran 4.96 with a 32-inch vertical at the Combine. Trinca-Pasat is small with short arms (31 7/8"), but can shoot gaps and competes hard against the run.