UDFA Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Louis Trinca-Pasat got a $15k SB from the Rams & $10k of his 2015 base salary guaranteed

— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) May 3, 2015

Enos Stanley "Stan" Kroenke has taken many hits of late and it's understood why, however, because of Stan's wealth the Rams have have been much better with UDRFA than ever before. Some of them have been given money upfront like in this case so you're able to track the higher profile UDFA's and thus have players like Roberson, McLeod, Davis & Daren "Norman" Bates on the team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just for those wondering what happened with Reese Dismukes, there are some rumors out there that he has a drinking problem and is a racist.(on top of the lackluster measurables)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just for those wondering what happened with Reese Dismukes, there are some rumors out there that he has a drinking problem and is a racist.(on top of the lackluster measurables)

Hot damn. Eagles will be a perfect fit for him then. He and Riley Cooper can go to the local bar and be best friends.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Signed with the Steelers.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And all this time I thought it was because he had small hands.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Enos Stanley "Stan" Kroenke has taken many hits of late and it's understood why, however, because of Stan's wealth the Rams have have been much better with UDRFA than ever before. Some of them have been given money upfront like in this case so you're able to track the higher profile UDFA's and thus have players like Roberson, McLeod, Davis & Daren "Norman" Bates on the team.
While I agree that since Fisher and Snead took over, this regime has done a terrific job bringing in UDFA's that have shown they belong.

Not sure what the connection is as it pertains to Kroenke's wealth.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Going deep into the scouting department there...
the-exorcist-1024x571.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/05/reese_dismukes_nfl_draft_1.html

Why wasn't Auburn center Reese Dismukes picked in NFL Draft?

Auburn center Reese Dismukes was selected as the nation's best center in college football last season, but it didn't earn him a spot in the NFL Draft.

In what proved to be the biggest surprise for Auburn in the draft, Dismukes was not selected in the seven rounds of the draft. He was projected as a mid-round selection by many analysts entering the draft.

The Rimington Trophy winner was a first-team All-SEC center in 2014 and was considered one of the top three centers in the draft by many analysts.

"He is the smartest offensive lineman I have ever coached, by far," Auburn offensive line coach J.B. Grimes said. "He is a guy that will glom on to the NFL terminology and the protections and all those kind of things that we don't do (at Auburn), but he'll be a guy that will be running your whole line in no time."

Five of 16 Rimington Trophy winners were not picked in the NFL Draft.

Why did Dismukes slide out of the draft and forced to test free agency?

Concerns about Dismukes' character were voiced by teams leading up to the draft, according to WalterFootball.com.

"Sources question Dismukes' ability to fit in a locker room," according to the WalterFootball.com report. "Teams have some off-the-field concerns about him as a person, and they aren't sure that he will be a good teammate to all segments of the locker room."

Dismukes started all 50 games he appeared in and was a team captain in his final 27 starts as Auburn's leader on offense. He also paved the way to the SEC Championship in 2013, when the Tigers had the nation's top rushing offense (328.3 yards per game). He graded 90 percent or better in each start during his final two seasons with the Tigers.

Dismukes' stock took a slight hit at the Senior Bowl, but many analysts still considered him a top-tier center heading into the draft. His hand size (the smallest of all players at the Senior Bowl) was a concern, and so was his lack of experience as a pass blocker.

"I think the biggest question they have is when a 350-pound zero nose guard lines up on him nose up and he's offsides, how does he handle it?" Grimes said. "The answer is you've got a guy who has great leverage with great hands. He's a guy that's really, really quick with his hands.

He's a guy who can tie one of those guys up. As far as getting movement, there aren't three centers in the NFL that can get movement on Vince Wilfork. A Mack truck can't get movement on Vince Wilfork, so don't tell me that. You need a guy that can command your offensive line."

Five Auburn players were selected in the NFL Draft.

jjab360

Legend
Each team gets the same amount of money to spend on UDFAs

Slappy967

Starter
Lets try to keep Kroenke appreciation night to a minimum and focus on the UDFA's lol. Any new pick ups yet?

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I'm sure Reese will make plenty of friends in Pitt. He and Mike Tomlin will probably get along great!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Has La'el Collins signed with anyone?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Has La'el Collins signed with anyone?

I read that the commish has urged teams not to draft him. I wonder if that extended to the UDFA period too.

I guess Roger doesn't want any more bad publicity for the league.